Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Petr Korbel Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Petr Korbel Blade
    Posted: 06/28/2016 at 5:18am

Wow, I thought that BTY will discontinue Primorac Off- and Korbel Off.   But somehow, they designed Primorac EX and now design new Korbel (cosmetic wise).

Every TT manufacturers should keep producing their classic blades.   Yasaka is for sure, keeping its Yasaka Extra.

I came across this picture while surfing the web.  I do not know if BTY Japan has it in their catalog.

Edited by doraemon - 06/28/2016 at 5:21am
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Sponsored Links

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 5:32am
If I want to buy Korbel, I prefer Custom/Special order one hehe
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 5:41am
I hope they change the handle size to TBS' size. Would buy it in a heartbeat
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 9:48am
dunno whether it's just me...I'd luv its FL handle to be a bit thicker just like Viscaria's or ZJK ALC's but not like TBS's FL & MMaze's FL...
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 10:51am
I like BTY blades, but I'd prefer if they have bigger handles and in Korbel's case it gets worse.
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Tibhar Evolution MX-P BH/FH
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 11:20pm
Actually, the reason I browsed BTY Korbel on the net is because lately I have been using BTY Korbel.   I inspected my collection and I found my black butterfly tag Korbel.   I put my test rubbers (Mark V 2.0 mm) so that I can more accurately judge the blade's performance.

Since I have used it for a long time (in the past), it took me only one session to fully adjusted to it.  I think BTY Korbel is still suitable for competitive play.   It can do everything and the only negative aspect of Korbel is that the handle is very thin. 

However, if you don't put your mind to it, and play with it for many sessions, it actually still OK (your hand get used to it).   If it has thicker handle, it might change the feel and performance of the blade (my guess only).

As a matter of fact, because of the thin handle, in the past few years I have tried many blades with same exact compositions to replace it:   Joola K5 (too slow),  Tibhar SPW (stiffer and faster), Xiom Off S (a bit stiffer and faster), Donic Waldner V1 (a bit stiffer and more head heavy) and Adidas Challenge Force (80% similar, but feels softer and less flexy).

I think I agree with a member here who said (in the past) that there is nothing that really plays the same as BTY Korbel.

Edited by doraemon - 06/28/2016 at 11:22pm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 11:39pm
I still dont understand BTY mentality. Lets re-badge one of the most popular blades..... But only offer it in FL handle.... What...

I would buy a new ST Korbel j-tag in a heart beat.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 5:08am
I agree with you.  Once I was offered ST handle (in bad condition) so I did not buy it.  Then I found an old stock with AN handle (good condition) but somehow it is quiet thin also, and I did not buy it.

So I guess, the most decent BTY Korbel is the one with ST handle.   And BTY does not produce it anymore.  What a pity.

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 1:23am
why guys is only in fl handle? I just googled the new design of korbel and I saw this in some blog:
http://tabletennisin.blogspot.gr/2016/07/new-design-of-petr-korbel.html
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 1:33am
There are no more special orderered blades, Butterfly has discontinued doing them.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 1:39am
In the link that I posted, it is not special ordered korbel. It is a comon korbel that it is sold in stores. I only wondered in previous posts, other forum members said thta butterfly will discontinue the ST handle in the new designed korbel, but as we can all see in the link there are still ST handles.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 2:50am
The shop is from Korea. Korbel with ST handle has always been available there, it's extremly popular.

By the way, I can recommend tabletennisin.com - Johnny is a really nice and helpful guy .
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:00am
Korbel Japan with new design is available with FL, ST handle here: http:///www.vsenastolnitenis.cz/en/blades/butterfly-korbel-japan-10101234
Also in some other Czech, Slovak e-shops, but not sure if new or old design.
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:25am
They are not selling Butterfly products outside of Czech Rep. though.
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:43am
I meant that if they are available in some shops in my country, they can be available elsewhere, too.
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 2:26pm
Yeah, but somehow Butterfly feels there is no need for japanese Korbel with straight handle in most countries  Wink. I bet there would be a lot of people who would fall for a straight Viscaria aswell - but hey, there must be a logical reason why they don't produce/offer them ... or not Shocked
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 4:32pm
Few things in regards to Korbel.
Black TAG/Metal Tag Korbels do have way larger/wider handle than the new corbels (silver tag).
If you like korbel, then you can easily get the custom version for like 150$ or so (butterflyonline.com) and it can come with Viscaria FL handle if this is in fact your favorite handle. Butterfly can put a handle from any of their blades (which are still produced) on Korbel Custom Order.

As far as the blade goes, it is perfect for plastic ball and goes great with LOW Throw Fast rubbers (Bryce etc).
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 10:31pm
that's strange.... i found more than half a dozen new Korbel, and all of the handles is bigger than my old one back in 2008? i used to gripe about the small handle years ago and finally sold it.

i think butterfly made improvement on the korbel on the handle being bigger now than before. too bad i can no longer compare because i don't have the old FL anymore, i have old AN but that can't be compared... 

Edited by rokphish - 09/01/2016 at 10:44pm
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
auzcar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auzcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 9:16am
I just got my new Korbel, didn't know they had changed the design so I was a bit suprised. The handle is a lot thicker on the new one and for me that's golden, the old one was pretty horrible while the new one feels really nice.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 9:31am
Did you get the FL handle?
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 11:10am
I have new korbel with thicker FL handle. I had old light euro korbel with thin fl handle.
Older was flexier with better feel, but slower, like off- blade.
New one is stiffer, faster, reminds me more of tibhar stratus powerwood, but is slightly harder and I think slightly slower. Could be that this new one is better for non-speed glue era and especially for plastic ball.
Or it's maybe Quality Control problem :)
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 2:31pm
Thicker handle is a big plus indeed. The thin handle kept me away from this blade in the past.
Local Butterfly website/store is still showing the old looks. I will give them a call tomorrow to check if they're already selling the new blade.

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 2:42pm
How's the weight on the new ones?
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 11:55am
I recently bought new Korbel from TT11 and was surprised by the new look. Surprised because I wasn't aware of the changes. TT11 had also old pictures of the blade on the website, so

Quality wise only thing what I would like to complain is that first 3 times handle gave color and left my hand quite dirty after the game.

Playing wise I was surprised by the speed of the blade. I have been playing for a long time with YEO and by the tabletennisdb info Korbel was supposed to be little bi slower and softer than YEO, but to me it feels like Korbel is a lot faster and stiffer. Maybe others can share their thoughts about it as well. 
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 11:22am
Few pictures as well:

Edited by Rainer87 - 11/09/2016 at 11:23am
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 11:29am
that's definitely NOT a "Made in Japan" model.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 11:44am
Something interesting for North America...Straight handle !
http://shop.butterflyonline.com/petr-korbel-blades

Edited by jpenmaster - 11/09/2016 at 11:47am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Rainer87 Rainer87 wrote:

I recently bought new Korbel from TT11 and was surprised by the new look. Surprised because I wasn't aware of the changes. TT11 had also old pictures of the blade on the website, so

Quality wise only thing what I would like to complain is that first 3 times handle gave color and left my hand quite dirty after the game.

Playing wise I was surprised by the speed of the blade. I have been playing for a long time with YEO and by the tabletennisdb info Korbel was supposed to be little bi slower and softer than YEO, but to me it feels like Korbel is a lot faster and stiffer. Maybe others can share their thoughts about it as well. 

YEOs differ quite a bit in speed depending on the weight of the particular blade.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Something interesting for North America...Straight handle !
http://shop.butterflyonline.com/petr-korbel-blades
only available next month...FYI.
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Originally posted by Rainer87 Rainer87 wrote:

YEOs differ quite a bit in speed depending on the weight of the particular blade.

Weight of my YEO is 85g.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic