Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The best poly balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2016 at 12:27am
I have never seen or heard of this and seamless is all we play at our club for almost a year.
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

Sponsored Links

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

The durability knock on seamless balls is that edge hits with rackets tend to shatter them.  This becomes a pretty significant problem for players who are stong loopers who hit the ball with the edge of their blade frequently.

To be fair, it only happened to a few strong loopers who did not adjust to the higher bounces of seamless balls...most top players at our club rarely hit the ball anymore with the edge of their rackets. We have been using XSF for most of our sanctioned tourneys for well over a year without any problem.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2016 at 2:44pm
Best poly balls IMO are still the NP40+. The most durable; best bounce, feel, speed & spin.

They do not explode when you hit an edge of your blade or the table unlike most XSF did with my experience. 

They wear better than celluloid balls too i think. They dent/scratch but do not crack. I tend to use the overly used ones for practice and newer ones for matches.

2nd would be XSF.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2016 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Best poly balls IMO are still the NP40+. The most durable; best bounce, feel, speed & spin.

They do not explode when you hit an edge of your blade or the table unlike most XSF did with my experience. 

They wear better than celluloid balls too i think. They dent/scratch but do not crack. I tend to use the overly used ones for practice and newer ones for matches.

2nd would be XSF.

+1

I played with nittaku premium 40+ 3 star balls today and they're amazing. Plays like celluloid, little heavier though before these I played with Donic 3 star poly and they sucked
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2016 at 12:04am
XSF Palio Yinhe Nexy.

Thibhar also feel soft and play near celluloid.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2016 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

2nd would be XSF.

They are very good, but they dull in color (and start out not very "white" to begin with) and get shiny far too quickly.  The price is too high.  And they feel dead when playing with OX rubbers.

I consider them tied for first with the best of the seamless balls.  It comes down to personal preference.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2016 at 6:25pm
Cracked two more NP40+ 3-star balls last Saturday night RR...One from my friend (slightly used) the other mine, brand-new.  Played the rest of the matches with Nexy seamless.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2016 at 10:13pm
Now that I've played some "money" matches with the Nexy seamless, I am surprised that it is significantly different than the XSF...it's softer at impact then feels firmer than the XSF as I apply pressure to accelerate my bat.  Overall the XSF is closer to NP40+.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2016 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Cracked two more NP40+ 3-star balls last Saturday night RR...One from my friend (slightly used) the other mine, brand-new.  Played the rest of the matches with Nexy seamless.

I managed to do the same on Saturday, that is break TWO NP40+ 3* balls in one session. Don't think we did anything outrageous either, but there they were, one of the balls with may be only 15 min of playtime. 

Not too happy, probably will get a couple of packs of Yinhe seamless balls from cole, paying 10$ for 3-pack of Nittaku suddenly feels wrong. 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

I managed to do the same on Saturday, that is break TWO NP40+ 3* balls in one session. Don't think we did anything outrageous either, but there they were, one of the balls with may be only 15 min of playtime. 

Not too happy, probably will get a couple of packs of Yinhe seamless balls from cole, paying 10$ for 3-pack of Nittaku suddenly feels wrong. 

I've been using the NS40+ (Nittaku Superior 2* 40+) balls since spending $3 for a table tennis ball is borderline offensive to me.  ;^)

They have been holding up fine and I'm a fairly agressive attacker with hardbat.  I can't recall the last time I've broken one.  I also have a few older 3* NP40+ balls that have just gotten too worn and shiny while still not breaking.  Maybe I'll feed these to the robot.  

I've received some of the Yinhe S40+ balls and will start playing with them and will compare how they play to the NS40+ balls.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2016 at 4:59pm
I recently tried the BTY G40+ "Master Quality" Black stamp. 

It wasnt bad. Speed and spin similar to NP40+. Bounce was just a bit higher. Sound was not bad. Overall feel seemed a bit lighter/softer than NP40+. 

Seemed durable, one ball lasted entire training session. It was already used with a shiny appearance when we tried one but still played very well.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 12:43am
I agree the G40+ ball I used had a lively feel maybe there will be more emphasis on this direction in future plastic ball manufacturing would be good for the sport.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 12:24pm
I tried one butterfly ball that was much better than the normal ones...at least in a class with nittaku.  I'm guessing this is it...seamed right?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

I've been using the NS40+ <span style="line-height: 16.8px;">(Nittaku Superior 2* 40+)</span><span style="line-height: 16.8px;"> </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">balls since spending $3 for a table tennis ball is borderline offensive to me.  ;^)</span>

They have been holding up fine and I'm a fairly agressive attacker with hardbat.  I can't recall the last time I've broken one.  I also have a few older 3* NP40+ balls that have just gotten too worn and shiny while still not breaking.  Maybe I'll feed these to the robot.  

I've received some of the Yinhe S40+ balls and will start playing with them and will compare how they play to the NS40+ balls.

The Yinhe S40+ balls are very nice. I have had 4-5 sessions with them and the feedback has been very good from other players. Nice consistent bounce. Nice update to the blue box Yinhe which I have been using for a while.

12 balls from Cole for $20 shipped. Excellent value compared to NP40+.

BTW, one of my hitting partners, who really crushes the ball broke 2 NP40s in about 45 min. He was hitting with a ball snob in the club who only likes to play NP40..... They switched balls after the second one broke.

I also tried the NP40 2* ball. Couldn't tell the diff between 2* and 3*, but the 2* balls broke very quickly.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Seamless is just a better way to go IMO. Hope all the balls go to seamless in the near future. I've rarely had any seamless balls break, but I still have seamed balls crack, although not as often as before. I played with a new DHS ball about 4 months ago and it still didn't bounce nearly as much as the Nittaku Prems, Butterfly G40+, or the seamless ones. Hope the DHS balls they used at the Olympics were improved, but doubt it.
Actually, not anymore, get few boxes of Yinhe 40+ seamless (regular) balls from HK this month. I used 10 balls already. The balls lasted only 10~12 hrs playing time each. The balls didn't break, but you could feel few weak spots on the balls Dead
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 2:14pm
My concern with continuing to carry the blue boxes is that if it's a matter of selecting balls from a pool, if they red box are smaller within the range then it's likely that they blue box will become bigger within the range than they previously had been.  That may already be happening.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

My concern with continuing to carry the blue boxes is that if it's a matter of selecting balls from a pool, if they red box are smaller within the range then it's likely that they blue box will become bigger within the range than they previously had been.  That may already be happening.

May be, the blue box (regular) balls are only the red box's rejected balls (size, quality ...) Dead
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 3:11pm
I like new butterfly G40+ the best
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

May be, the blue box (regular) balls are only the red box's rejected balls (size, quality ...) Dead

Lets say size, not roundness I don't think.

comrade View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 5:32pm
My preference is G40+ now, durable, long lasting, never had any issues with those
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by comrade comrade wrote:

My preference is G40+ now, durable, long lasting, never had any issues with those

For some reason none of the players at the 3 clubs where I play have brought the G40.  I haven't seen or used one.  The Yinhe Red, Nexy and Kingnick seem to be the most popular.  The NP+ is also popular, but because of the price most players don't use it unless they're going to see it in an upcoming tournament.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 7:20pm

Edited by Egghead - 08/25/2016 at 7:20pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

For some reason none of the players at the 3 clubs where I play have brought the G40.  I haven't seen or used one.  The Yinhe Red, Nexy and Kingnick seem to be the most popular.  The NP+ is also popular, but because of the price most players don't use it unless they're going to see it in an upcoming tournament.

You are not missing anything.  It was a novelty when someone brought a few for us to try, but none of us cared to actually buy any later.  Plays like other seamless balls except the sound is atrocious.  The ball is overpriced, imho.
AL_in_MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AL_in_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 10:12am

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">May be, t</span>he blue box (regular) balls are only the red box's rejected balls (size, quality ...) Dead

Been playing with the Yinhe Seamless Red Box Poly balls at the club for the past 10 days, it's the best Poly ball I've tried thus far (others: NP+, Butterfly G40, Gambler, DHS), and other players concur....Perfectly round, Very consistent bounce, Lively and Fast, Very good Spin, doesn't drift or float on chops/pushes, Durable and Solid feel, haven't broken one yet, Reasonable Cost ($7.50/6 from Cole). Can finally say I like a Poly Ball better than any Celluloid with this Ball.

Edited by AL_in_MN - 08/26/2016 at 10:12am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 10:32am
I tried recently Kingnik. somebody brought from China. pretty nice balls. I like it
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 10:47am
Originally posted by AL_in_MN AL_in_MN wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">May be, t</span>he blue box (regular) balls are only the red box's rejected balls (size, quality ...) Dead

Been playing with the Yinhe Seamless Red Box Poly balls at the club for the past 10 days, it's the best Poly ball I've tried thus far (others: NP+, Butterfly G40, Gambler, DHS), and other players concur....Perfectly round, Very consistent bounce, Lively and Fast, Very good Spin, doesn't drift or float on chops/pushes, Durable and Solid feel, haven't broken one yet, Reasonable Cost ($7.50/6 from Cole). Can finally say I like a Poly Ball better than any Celluloid with this Ball.

Okay I'll have to be sure to get some Yinhe reds from cole sometime. You sparked my curiosity. 
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 11:06am

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

You are not missing anything.  It was a novelty when someone brought a few for us to try, but none of us cared to actually buy any later.  Plays like other seamless balls except the sound is atrocious.  The ball is overpriced, imho.

Let's be clear here...

If you mean the Butterfly G40+, it is a seamed ball and is harder and faster than the seamless balls...

The sound... Well it's the new sound, an acquired taste...

Just to add, I also think the G40+ has and maintains a great "whiter than white" colour than other balls...

Edited by CraneStyle - 08/26/2016 at 11:27am
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 11:25am
I have been ready to get some more 40+ balls because my original stash of XSF Yinhe and Nexy balls are almost gone. 

Not sure what to get or if I should still wait.  Hearing from the seamless manufacture months ago about how the quality of the seamless balls were reduced because of increased price brands would have to  pay for them now...turned me away from getting more balls for the summer.  Hope this changes.

I cant stand the Nittaku 40+ premium balls.  They seem only good for a very short time before they start to get very slippery and distort badly.  If you take one of these $3 balls after playing with it for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 matches....its probably dead (not round as new). 

To show how the Nittaku 40+ premium holds up after play.....go into a dark room with a lamp.  take the ball and have half the ball in darkness and half in the light source.  Just like the sun rotating around the moon....slowly turn it around and it will show you tons of imperfections (dents/depressions/distortions) that you cant see in normal light. Look at the area where the light and shadow meet....look for shadows of dents or imperfections.  I was surprised to see this on accident while grabbing a used ball of my desk at night. 

I will try to show a pic of this on a few balls later. 

Soooooooooooo    if I have to buy new poly balls......can I get something like the original (2nd gen) XSF balls?   That ball I like the most. 

Edited by Rich215 - 08/26/2016 at 11:29am
victorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 1:15pm
I have been playing with Schildkrot recently and they seem to be good

Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 1:37pm
Quick questions, as I am getting a little confused about the different Yinhe 40+ balls here...are both the Red box and Blue box balls we talking about here 3 stars or lower grade?
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic