FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Super Defence 40 Soft attacking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Super Defence 40 Soft attacking
    Posted: 09/22/2016 at 9:20am
Hi,

I am generally an attacking player, but when I play good attackers I tend to try and play tight and counter.
I struggle returning fast long spinny serves to my backhand and tend to overhit them.

For that reason I have gone back to using Tibhar super defence soft 1.6mm.
I was using tenergy 05fx 1.9mm which I love but I just cant get the serves back with it.

Anyway my backhand is pretty strong and I can still play some pretty good shots with the slower rubber, just a bit harder work. I almost feel if I can hit the ball harder as I can really swing fast but don't get all the catapult of the tensor rubber and sponge.

Are there any other people out there who find it easier to attack on backhand with more defensive rubbers

Andro super core carbon light all+
FH 0f5x 2.1 red
BH TSD40soft 1.6 black

I also have various other blades
JRE
Andro ligna off
Xiom offence s

Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 10:36am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Hi,

I am generally an attacking player, but when I play good attackers I tend to try and play tight and counter.
I struggle returning fast long spinny serves to my backhand and tend to overhit them.

For that reason I have gone back to using Tibhar super defence soft 1.6mm.
I was using tenergy 05fx 1.9mm which I love but I just cant get the serves back with it.

Anyway my backhand is pretty strong and I can still play some pretty good shots with the slower rubber, just a bit harder work. I almost feel if I can hit the ball harder as I can really swing fast but don't get all the catapult of the tensor rubber and sponge.

Are there any other people out there who find it easier to attack on backhand with more defensive rubbers

Andro super core carbon light all+
FH 0f5x 2.1 red
BH TSD40soft 1.6 black

I also have various other blades
JRE
Andro ligna off
Xiom offence s

Your backhand strokes are probably larger than average hence your comfort with the slower rubber.  You may consider making your technique more wrist driving and smaller.  The truth is that even when you see the top players, they don't use large strokes to return serves that kick.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 1:04pm
yes I know what you're saying. I think that is largely true. I don't seem to have great touch so it does seem the best thing to do really.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 1:23pm
I do the same. I prefer a full stroke. Currently using air AssasinS in 1.9 sponge, but am going to try a few other non tensor in 1.7 to 1.9 sponge.
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 2:11pm
If the Tibhar rubber doesn't quite do it you could try dropping down to 05fx 1.7 for flatter pushing with more underspin than your 1.9 version and all shots will land shorter on the table,I found that the Tenergy is much spinnier than super def 40 soft and has better possibilities to topspin
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

If the Tibhar rubber doesn't quite do it you could try dropping down to 05fx 1.7 for flatter pushing with more underspin than your 1.9 version and all shots will land shorter on the table,I found that the Tenergy is much spinnier than super def 40 soft and has better possibilities to topspin

yes that was a thought of mine. I have used super defence before and it does help a lot though with serve return and short tight play. although it is quite extreme in comparison to 05fx 1.9
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 5:03pm
I recognize myself a bit , as I too find it often difficult to return a spinny side/top spin serve. And my BH stroke is a full swing as well. That's why I prefer soft rubbers without a lot of catapult. Currently I use Rhyzm 375 on BH. I never tried a real defence rubber though, as I think those are way too slow.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 5:37pm
rhzym 375 would still be quite bouncy I reckon. super defence is a touch slow but its a lot easier to put the ball down the line or tight angles even when hitting
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 6:35pm
I have also used defensive rubbers on my BH for the same reason, mainly for better service receive and tight spinny pushes. I use Nittaku Moristo DF which should be similar to TSD 40. TO5 is just awful on service receive being so sensitive to incoming spin but can impart ridiculous amount of spin on pushes. The thing is, there's hardly any margin for error on the TO5, you have to read the serve right. On the other hand, TO5 is probably the best at opening offense on your BH side.
The compromise I do is to twiddle quick to be able to use the T05 on my BH once in a while to surprise my opponent.
I am also curious about the TSD 40 and would like to try using it if I get the chance.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2016 at 7:55pm
I made a similar change 3 months ago. I was using Evolution EL-P or FX-P on the BH. Switched to Air DefenderS which I bought from Cole. I play a lot of doubles and receive serve with my BH to give my partner more room for a 4th ball attack. My serve return improved immediately. Yes, I lose some juice on later shots in the point, but I reasoned that if my weak return of serve keeps us from getting deeper into the point then I'm not really sacrificing much. As a side benefit, my BH rubber only costs me $16 now.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2016 at 4:38am
yes I like the twiddling idea. agree with the return of serve issue. it is irrelevant hitting great backhand openers if you don't even return the serve, you never get the chance.

I use the super defence soft at moment. it is supposed to be a little more forgiving. I have used the regular super defence in the past though.

as for openers being more difficult as I stated earlier it is a lot easier to play a sharp backhand down the line with super defence 40
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 7:54am
Well I have just been through in a 3 year cycle on bh;
tenergy 05fx
evolutions
hurricanes
palio lp
tsp sp
and have just ordered a sheet of super defence 40 in 1.7mm for the reasons above.
I feel my backhand will match it and it will make me work hard on my shots.
Now just to decide on 05fx or H3Neo on fh. Trying 05fx initially!

Next Level this was one of my first posts before you started ripping my for being an EJ. It was very good advice you put in your post.
Thanks
Funny I have ended up back where I began for know anyway.

Edited by mog1111 - 11/23/2017 at 7:56am
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic