FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

1 on 1 coaching in Edinburgh, Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 on 1 coaching in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posted: 09/30/2016 at 5:13am
Hi everybody, I've recently moved to Edinburgh and have struggled finding any coaches here. I've joined a club and a league already and looked at two other clubs but it seems that all everyone wants to do is play matches. This is fine but I would really like to carry on trying to develop my game a  little bit. 

Does anyone here know any good coaches in Edinburgh? If yes, please send me a PM. Also, if anyone is looking for a beginner-intermediate practice partner in the same area please PM me. 

(And what sort of hourly rates can I expect here? Roughly.) 

Thanks. 
Sponsored Links

cje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 3:04pm
hi,

which club have you joined?

We can offer 1-2-1 coaching at : http://murrayfieldtt.com/

coaching also available at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sundayspin/
http://www.murrayfieldtt.com/

YEO/ Galaxy E-3/ FH: Skyline III Neo / BH: Palio HK 1997
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 6:50pm
It's nice to have someone moving from Vietnam to Edinburgh. We should hang out sometimes, mate. Regarding the coaching, there won't be as many good coaches as in Vietnam, but I think the people at Murrayfield is worth a try
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
cje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by The soul of rock The soul of rock wrote:

It's nice to have someone moving from Vietnam to Edinburgh. We should hang out sometimes, mate. Regarding the coaching, there won't be as many good coaches as in Vietnam, but I think the people at Murrayfield is worth a try

cheers Soul of Rock. Hope things are good with you.
http://www.murrayfieldtt.com/

YEO/ Galaxy E-3/ FH: Skyline III Neo / BH: Palio HK 1997
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 4:19am

Yeah, Vietnam (HCMC) was great for good coaches, shops and clubs that were open 7 days a week. But there didn't seem to be that much organised competition for lower players so that's something where Edinburgh seems to be better. 

Where do you play?

Originally posted by cje cje wrote:

hi,

which club have you joined?

We can offer 1-2-1 coaching at : http://murrayfieldtt.com/

coaching also available at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sundayspin/

Thanks CJE, I'll be in touch. And I've joined Edinburgh International Table Tennis Club. I hope that won't be a problem if I try and get some coaching at Murrayfield Wink
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 8:20am
I play at the Uni. during the season and at Murrayfield off season. Occasionally I play at the Sunday Spin. Which division of the league are you playing?
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 1:02pm

I play at the Uni. during the season and at Murrayfield off season. Occasionally I play at the Sunday Spin. Which division of the league are you playing?

Third division. First game on Monday, which I'm really excited about. 

I had a look at the uni club the other week and got quite a shock when I saw how amazing the players were... turned out it was the Scottish national team practicing LOL

Which of the uni teams are you in? 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 1:50pm
I play in the Premier division, 1st team of the Uni. We get coaching from one of the national players once a week, which is really cool. I will be back in town next Sunday and really can't wait to play in the league again. Hopefully I will see you sometime at the Murrayfield.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 2:46pm
Ok, so by looking at last years individual results from the league I guess you're the guy with the Vietnamese name? Wink

Awesome to be getting the coaching by the Scottish national player. 

I'm sure I'll see you around at some point, maybe join this tournament: 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 2:58pm
Lol, I didn't even know they published the individual results. Can you give me the link for that please? Thanks. And yes, I'm the guy with Vietnamese name. A bit proud to be the highest rated Viet guy in the league, lol. I'm not sure if I will go to any banded events this year, but will definitely go for the Edinburgh championship. Hope to meet you soon.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 5:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic