Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Could Vega Asia DF be good replacement for Mark V?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Could Vega Asia DF be good replacement for Mark V?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OmegaSalix View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaSalix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could Vega Asia DF be good replacement for Mark V?
    Posted: 10/20/2016 at 10:19pm
Well I have listened to pgpg (thank you by the way) and stuck with my control play-style where I mainly top spin and occasionally land a decent or good chop. I kind of want to learn to chop more so I can mix it up more. I have used my Mark V on an ALL blade and still need to get more control for my smashes and faster top spins (my more aggressive playstyle) but vs other people I cut and play close to the table or start chopping then top spinning. I find Mark V a great rubber for all this, I can return everything over the net on my 1.8 mm and win without being aggressive. I like being able to play 2 different play-styles with this rubber, now I would like to know is there any other rubber that can do stuff like this with moderate speed? I just want to try other rubbers, so I was thinking the Vega Asia DF or Europe DF since it's a bit slower than the Vega Asia and comes in the 1.8 mm, and I'm almost positive it's faster than Mark V. I'm not sure what other rubbers I can put on an all blade or All-. I wonder if Vega Asia would be fine, I fear Rakza 7 or soft would be too fast, Bluefire M3, Mark V HPS could be decent. I want to lean for Xiom Asia DF or Europe DF since the only review about them say they are more control and slower than their counterparts, but they are rather new. What do you guys think or recommend?

Edit: I forgot to mention on the list Marder III/II, those youtube videos displaying it chopping and playing top spin sure are convincing. I am hesitant trying a harder rubber I'm not sure how big of a difference it would make.

Edited by OmegaSalix - 10/21/2016 at 2:57am
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 2:59am
Yes it could, and just about any tensor similar to Vega Asia will bring you a much greater performance/price ratio for the wide majority of players. If you're still learning your strokes however, try to stick to Mark V for as long as possible until you feel the slow speed is a restriction for improvement.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 4:03am
from mark V (not VAD), i will suggest Rakza X
an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 9:56am
Mark V is Allround conventional rubber in era of celluloid ball. It requires booster glue to accelerate its performance in recent game .
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaSalix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Yes it could, and just about any tensor similar to Vega Asia will bring you a much greater performance/price ratio for the wide majority of players. If you're still learning your strokes however, try to stick to Mark V for as long as possible until you feel the slow speed is a restriction for improvement.

Yea I understand, I do like the rubber but I just wanna try some other things but I think it's great for starting out.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaSalix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Avallo Avallo wrote:

from mark V (not VAD), i will suggest Rakza X

Really I thought the Rakza rubbers would be pretty fast or too fast of an upgrade from Mark V. I could see since the reviews say it's slower than rakza 7 which isn't a bad thing for me. I was trying to see marder II, Rakza X, or a Vega rubber. Thanks for the suggestion.
caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 11:29pm
Personally I found the Vega series to be terrible at chopping/imparting heavy backspin with the plastic ball as the surface grip is not too good with the plastic ball, grip was fine with the celluloid but now with the ball change the Vega series loses about 40% of its spin. Plus Asia is very fast and I didn't think it was too controllable. Rakza x seems like a good choice because of the added grip compared to the other rakzas
Carbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BTY Viscaria 88g
FH/Bh: MXP/Rasant
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaSalix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 12:46am
Originally posted by caratoon caratoon wrote:

Personally I found the Vega series to be terrible at chopping/imparting heavy backspin with the plastic ball as the surface grip is not too good with the plastic ball, grip was fine with the celluloid but now with the ball change the Vega series loses about 40% of its spin. Plus Asia is very fast and I didn't think it was too controllable. Rakza x seems like a good choice because of the added grip compared to the other rakzas

Thank you for your input, yea I was hoping one of the xiom or vega line would be good for cutting or chops but I mostly hear the same thing and they just go for all round offensive-offense. The Rakza X is slower than 7 and made for the new ball which isn't too bad. I might get the marder II and Rakza X in 1.8mm on an ALL blade since I've only ever used different ALL blades with 1.8mm sponge. Thanks for your input this helps narrow down the path to 2 options unless I hear good stuff about another rubber!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic