FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tackiness of chinese rubber h3 neo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AdamTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackiness of chinese rubber h3 neo
    Posted: 10/24/2016 at 2:44pm
Hello there, i recently bought a brand new rubber h3 neo, i switched it with my older 729 Faster. The first feeling was it was so tacky, like the tackiness was that big, i could toss the ball and catch it on my bat without even trying, it was like seriously sticky. Then i started my first training and it was great, on serve, on loops even on short game. After a couple shot the stickiness went down, but like seriously down. Now its not even half like before.After that I used my tt cleaner butterfly spin refresh, but its still not like after opening. Any suggestions how to get that stickiness back? Or if it was only because it was brand new. Any helps are welcome. thanks
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 2:59pm
From my experience, you won't get it back to same tackiness level. There are TT products on the market that help bring tackiness back but IMO are not worth the money. Best thing to do is to clean it after each session with a rubber cleaner or purified water and use rubber protective sheets to protect from dust.

Part of the reason I don't use tacky rubbers any more. Significant tackiness drop over short period of time.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/24/2016 at 2:59pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 4:45pm
From the mouths of DHS top designers, for the Neo series of Hurricane/Skyline, they said they were moving away from tacky rubber.  So Neo rubber may start out tacky, but it was designed to be faster and generate greater spin through mechanical grip.  

Just clean it with water between play sessions.  Use breath and a palm wipe between points just like the top Chinese players do.  The spin from this rubber will last a very long time regardless of tack.  

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2016 at 6:54pm
Maybe use the old h3... I don't think the neo's tack is designed to last.... But with or without tact it is very spinny
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2016 at 7:38pm
You won't get the tackiness back. That said, it's a great rubber with great spin potential regardless of how tacky it is. My opponents always underestimate the amount of spin I can generate with it.

I switched to H3 Neo about a year and a half ago, and I've been using it ever since.

Edited by mickd - 10/26/2016 at 7:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic