Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 8:30am
So, can we consider R47 as a good replacement for the good old Hexer? Did anyone try both?
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

So, can we consider R47 as a good replacement for the good old Hexer? Did anyone try both?

I think so, though Hexer has better arc even though it is slower.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 9:16am
For those who have used R47 extensively: how is durability?
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Why does that rubber feel so much alive on a 5-ply all wood and not on an ALC? or is it just me?

If I were to guess, I think with the all wood, you have a lot more confidence, feeling, and control, and can put much more of yourself into the rubber, maximizing its potential. Equipment becomes more alive with confidence.

BTW, are you playing with the new plastic balls? Thanks.

Edited by richrf - 10/24/2017 at 2:27pm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 7:01pm
Slows down after 3 weeks according to 3 members in my club
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 1:19am

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

after 4 months I still have tons of spin even though the topsheet colors look faded. I'd say 75 to 80% allright.
Yesterday night I had a new r47 on that violin and it was incredible; it was the 1st time I was playing a new R47 while knowing the combo well. Of course I was expecting that but again after 4 months I can do everything with the old ones.
I want to underline the R47 2.0 felt to me dead and mushy on a Freitas ALC and a Garaydia ALC. Why does that rubber feel so much alive on a 5-ply all wood and not on an ALC? or is it just me?

I have the same problem: my sp is faster in a clipper than playing with eb7
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 2:09am
Most likely the extra flex gives you that impression.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 4:23am

For me durability seems to be a little better than avarage tensor.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 2:25pm
i play with andro treiber z , r47bh, r47fh , any other players with this set up ?
pabueno7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pabueno7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 2:31pm
I also play with this set-up! I've been using it for about 2 weeks! Excellent speed, control, & spin. I use max on fh & 2.0 on bh. Next time I'll buy max for both sides. For being a fast racket it has many gears and very good feeling. I find it easier for serve return and blocking than my usual t05 or mx-p with timo alc. I also find it faster as well. I find it has a medium to high throw angle with my technique. I'm hoping later in the year that prices will drop in Europe.
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2018 at 4:40pm
pabueno7 ,  can you let know how you get on with max both sides, cheers, because i use 2.0mm both sides.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 9:23am
Can someone compare Rasanter R47 with Stiga Mantra M?
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 10:20am
I tried Mantra M briefly and to me it was a bit heavier and slower compairing R47. Both are easy to play and have medium spin potential.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 11:44am
what would play closely to andro hexer powersponge?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 11:52am
I purchased a red R47 2.0 and have been using it on my forehand. I can only compare it to Donic Baracuda 2.0 because it's the only thing I've used for nearly 2 years. I used this new R57 on the same TB ZLF paddle I've used for years.

Weight ended up being and feeling the same. About 175g for the whole setup with barracuda on the backhand.

First off R47 is a little softer of sponge than Baracuda to the pinch test but it's pretty close. I was a little surprised by that. I expected a bit harder.

I've had good success lifting backspin with it. Initially I was going long with everything but it's just a little adjustment - not much different from just going from a worn rubber to a new one if at all.

It is faster than Barracuda from my experience. The sponge seems to have a little more catapult effect. Much more noticeable during flat hitting which is rare to me as I tend to try and spin everything. The more you can get the ball to dig into the sponge the more power comes out of it.

After a week of playing it feels the same as Barracuda but faster on flat hitting and I think my forehands are now going a bit deeper on to the table but I have no proof of that.

I'm curious about the durability of the rubber. Barracuda always does this flaking thing after 3 months (dry conditions where I live). This will be the #1 factor to decide if I make the switch on the forehand side.

It is too fast for my backhand. I struggle with control and solid contact with my backhand and the last thing I need is to change my rubber to something with more catapult.

Overall this is a decent replacement to the Barracuda series. I would be interested to try the R42 on the backhand and I'm sure with enough practice (or more skill) it would work on the backhand also.

On a side note, it is amazingly jarring to me when making even the smallest changes to my equipment. I tried to cut the rubber so it had a little extra around the edges and the balance was quite different. A new type of rubber (on one side) and more weight was enough to throw my game off balance entirely. I don't know how you EJs do it.

TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2018 at 8:58pm
i like the spin:speed ratio. more similar to T05 than other ESN rubbers i've tried

it's too hard out of the pkg, and i was mostly blocking until it broke in, but i found another way is to open the pkg and let it sit for a week. idk if i need to cut it first but in the last 2x, i did cut it and then removed it from my racket after i found it was too hard.

control is great, spin is excellent, plenty of speed. slightly too fast for typical play. basically you can mostly only use fast topspin counters in game unless you get a good opportunity for a power loop. i might use 2.0 in the future or R42 ultramax. but if u play higher level where you're fast counter looping mid-distance, you need the ultramax or boost

boosting R47 works and gives it a giant boost but also drastically reduces rubber life. 

durability is good. previously i was using G-1 as the closest H3 substitute. R47 has greater durability than G-1 and more springy of a sponge closer to tenergy. if they dropped density hardness by like 2.5-3 deg, that would be better imo. 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 6:40pm

after 4 months I still have tons of spin even though the topsheet colors look faded. I'd say 75 to 80% allright.
Yesterday night I had a new r47 on that violin and it was incredible; it was the 1st time I was playing a new R47 while knowing the combo well. Of course I was expecting that but again after 4 months I can do everything with the old ones.
I want to underline the R47 2.0 felt to me dead and mushy on a Freitas ALC and a Garaydia ALC. Why does that rubber feel so much alive on a 5-ply all wood and not on an ALC? or is it just me?

are you still playing with R47s on violin?

Force Pro Special 7ply
FH: Fastarc C-1 1.4
BH: Tenergy 80 1.7
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2018 at 12:00pm
TT11 has added every Rasanter to the "4 for the price of 3" category. It comes to $35.5/sheet right now.
Force Pro Special 7ply
FH: Fastarc C-1 1.4
BH: Tenergy 80 1.7
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

Great review Andy ! Currently using ELS max on my FH , which would have about the same feel but more spin?

R47 is the one in the el-s zone. R's topsheet is quite different, and this is where the distinction comes from. El-s gives easier spin at slower stroke speeds. Harder to get spin out of R47 but this makes it more stable and I got a lot more spin and arc on full strokes. Not sure if the ultramax sponge helps here a bit as well, but I feel that R47 is very accurate and powerful when stringing hard attacks together, whereas el-s gives a low ball on power shots in comparison.

Both good rubbers of course.

Whats the spinny version not to hard to control?
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2021 at 3:14pm
Hi guys, am I correct that the Rasanter that's most similar to old Rasant Turbo is V47? Thanks
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2021 at 3:46pm
V47s top is quite bit softer than turbo imo, been more than 3 years since i last used a tubro, but i'd say r47 feels closer to the turbo than the V. Wonder why the turbo was discontinued, was a really good rubber. Guess it was from the mx-p gen. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 11:17am
Rasanter series was such a disappointment compared with original Rasant rubber.

The original Rasant, played firm, created ridiculous spin from surface grip; is one of the best BH service rubbers I have ever used. Early in the point it was excellent for both short passive game (firm sponge) as well as backhand chiquita and openers. 

The only cons I can think of are that the original Rasant was far below average for chopping, and I'm foggy on whether I hate it for flat hitting or if it's just my lack of technique (probably the latter).
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic