Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Footwork Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Footwork Shoes
    Posted: 04/21/2017 at 3:42pm
Anyone tried these yet?  The one-piece sole looks interesting.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 11:27pm
+1. Looks attractive.
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 12:40am
http://xiom.co.kr/product/product_detail.aspx?catCode=91&prdCode=1001459

nice color
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

http://xiom.co.kr/product/product_detail.aspx?catCode=91&prdCode=1001459

nice color

Yeah, I like the purple/pink ones.  Shame that's the only colour TT11 isn't stocking at the mo.

Was hoping to find out how they compare to the usual suspects in terms of weight, grip and cushioning.  That one-piece sole could be very thin.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 6:13am
Do you feel better with thin soles?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 7:04am
122 EUR for unknown tt shoes ?

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 7:36am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

122 EUR for unknown tt shoes ?

You can get them much cheaper than that.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 7:57am
I wonder what is the advantage of one piece sole?
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 7:59am
Really nice​ colours
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

It is very cheap to produce.......also the quality of these shoes for materials looks poor.   Actually these shoes look like they had one big design target....low weight. 

That said....they look ugly and cheap.  Sorry.....

Edited by Rich215 - 04/22/2017 at 10:32am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

It is very cheap to produce.......also the quality of these shoes for materials looks poor.   Actually these shoes look like they had one big design target....low weight. 

That said....they look ugly and cheap.  Sorry.....

There is no accounting for taste - or my lack of it!

I like the look of em, but I'm concerned they will lack grip or be uncomfortable in comparison with my current Wave Medal 5.  Hence the questions, but I guess no one has taken the plunge yet.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:23am
They look like they will grip well actually.  If you are the type that can wear the "slipper" type of TT shoes...these probably feel like wearing almost nothing.  Will be interesting to see how they wear and feel after a month or two of use. 

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:41am
I have always been surprised that the prices of shoes and clothes from Xiom are so high given that their rubbers and blades are often lower than some of their main  competitors.
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 11:30am
"Footwork shoes" aren't a bad idea, but you gotta have footwork or at least be willing to acquire it.  The Koyo Bears I wore in the early 1970s were fine on wooden floors, but I would definitely not recommend such a shoe if you play on concrete or linoleum.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 12:24pm
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/xiom-shoes-footwork-blue

seems like in-stock?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I have always been surprised that the prices of shoes and clothes from Xiom are so high given that their rubbers and blades are often lower than some of their main  competitors.

Their rubbers are priced like most of the other ESN options, but their blades are generally a bit cheaper yeah.  Their clothes are very pricey as you say.  I've picked up a few xiom shirts and shorts in sales (where the price is approaching average for the market) and they're really well made with some interesting ideas like concealed air flaps.  But pretty crazy prices at full retail.

I'm holding off on the shoes until I hear some feedback one way or another.  Expensive experiment, and I got my Medal 5 for less.  And they're great.

Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/xiom-shoes-footwork-blue

seems like in-stock?

Wrong colour for me.

Edited by AndySmith - 04/23/2017 at 12:56pm
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:18pm
I'm considering white-blue / white-orange. Shoes color shine from distance !!!!!
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
gianquittia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gianquittia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 12:41am
Hi. Has anyone purchased these or other Xiom shoes. I wear a 10 in an Asic and have reasonably high arches. Was wondering what Xiom size you wear compared to an Asic, New balance, Adidas or Puma.
Timo Boll Zlf
FH Yasaka Rakza 7 1.9
BH Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.9
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 2:22pm
Just received my pair of these.
Weight wise they are pretty similar to other Table tennis shoes - 279g for one shoe, with inner sole and laces (size EU42/UK8/JP26.5)
Size wise the Japanese size (26.5) seems pretty accurate.
I won't get a chance to play in them until Sunday, but they seem really, really grippy on my wooden floor, if anything I'm more worried about more grip than I am used to, rather than a lack of it.
I am also not sure how long this will last for as the tread is made up of very small hexagons, which unless the sole material is very hardwearing, don't look that substantial  
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

Just received my pair of these.
Weight wise they are pretty similar to other Table tennis shoes - 279g for one shoe, with inner sole and laces (size EU42/UK8/JP26.5)
Size wise the Japanese size (26.5) seems pretty accurate.
I won't get a chance to play in them until Sunday, but they seem really, really grippy on my wooden floor, if anything I'm more worried about more grip than I am used to, rather than a lack of it.
I am also not sure how long this will last for as the tread is made up of very small hexagons, which unless the sole material is very hardwearing, don't look that substantial  

hello, how is it going? please share a review if possible. I'm interested in these shoes. I care most about grip and durability. Just like you, I'm not sure how long the sole will last.

anyone else tried these shoes yet?
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 6:30am
Just bought a pair. Will post when I can train
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 10:16am
some new experiences?
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 1:24pm
Mine seem to be lasting up very well. Only very minor signs of wear after using them twice a week for nearly 7 months now.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 6:39pm
The cushioning in these is terrible. In my opinion not usable if you are above 190 pounds.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2017 at 3:17am
In my honest opinion, I totally agree with Honig.
These shoes do not have the best cushioning, especially on the sole area. If you are heavy on your feet or are particular about cushion/ comfort. You might want to look at other options.

From a direct comparison, Mizuno shoes are of better quality overall.

I do maintain and clean my shoes regularly. Below in the pictures you can see, I’ve taken out the insoles, the Xiom Footwork still has some sloppy finishing with thread dangling around. Whereas the Mizuno is completed very nicely.

Price-wise the Xiom Footwork shoes were not exactly much cheaper either.
Therefore considering the value for money and workmanship, i’d rate it 4/10 in this department.

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 6:26am
Any follow up reviews? Now they are sold at discount at tt11. Worth to buy?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
gianquittia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gianquittia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 9:54pm
Not comfortable at all. Very little cushioning. I don't play on rubber floors, so,that would probably help. If you play on hard floors I recommend Salming Kobra squash shoes. Insanely comfortable. Order a half size up.
Timo Boll Zlf
FH Yasaka Rakza 7 1.9
BH Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.9
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 10:34pm
Thanks for the info. I'll just keep to the Mizuno models
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 12:40am
Originally posted by gianquittia gianquittia wrote:

Not comfortable at all. Very little cushioning. I don't play on rubber floors, so,that would probably help. If you play on hard floors I recommend Salming Kobra squash shoes. Insanely comfortable. Order a half size up.

I just ordered a pair.  I'll give a review when I get them.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 1:59pm
did these shoes improve anyone's footwork?
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic