Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st rule of EJing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st rule of EJing
    Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:02am
As a recovering EJ;

Its a 12 step programme
The first step is admitting you are an EJ.....

I have been an EJ on and off for a few years. If you are going to test different equipment, make sure you do at the same venue using the same balls and table.
Otherwise different venues and balls or tables could be having a big effect on how you feel it is going.

Its the only scientific way to get a proper reading of what is going on.

I have just ordered my 15th new blade of the last 2 years.
Hopefully it will be the last.

Stiga Allround Evolution!

But what if its too slow????????????

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:39am
Then try a Stiga Allround Classic Carbon, just a tiny bit faster.
The possibilities are nearly endless...
Seriously, if you want to quit EJing and your setup is too slow, just hit harder!
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:46am
tried a stiga allround classic carbon, thought it was horrible no feeling, might as well of used a frying pan
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 6:09am
go for Virtuoso -

Should be enough.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 6:39am
1st Rule of EJing:

Current setup not working - Ignore all opinions and reviews and buy something new to help...

Yes, it's an epidemic...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:12am
If its too slow get a Vituoso, Acoustic or maybe Korbel? If that is too slow Virtuoso + or maybe a 7 ply if the V+ doesn't work out ? Maybe a light weight Clipper? Maybe an innerforce blade? Composite will help stability and won't have so much feedback plus a larger sweet spot. I love my Apolonia ZLC.... hahahahahahahaha
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Stiga Allround Evolution!

But what if its too slow????????????

That's what I thought at first. It's actually too fast for me with two T05s attached. It is probably the overall weight of the assembled racket. Alternatively, Viscaria and Freitas play a little slower with the same rubber. I bought the Evolution looking for better feeling in my push game, which I got. Looping with the Evo is unreal. So much power and spin.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:15am
I think I will like, im coming down a notch hopefully from a Tibhar stratus power wood.   Stratus is a wonderful blade but a notch too stiff and fast.

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:18am
What was wrong with your Primorac Carbon?

You mentioned plating at the same venue, etc, etc....I would also add, to try and play against the same player/players, as much as possible. That way you remove that variable as well.

I was never an EJ, and I always felt like my playing had drastically deteriorated when playing with a new blade. And it took almost two months to get used to all the quirks of the new setup, sometimes more. So glad I have settled.

FdT
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:25am
I've been EJing for years

I make my own paddles so my excuse is I have to try them.
And try to get rubbers to match.

Most times i go thru a 2 oz bottle of tear mender every other week.

I have blades that do what no other blade does.
Most times its fun sometimes it's not.

I usually carry 4 or 5 blades to the club every time.

Changing so often obviously hinders consistent play but what are the alternatives.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:26am
I see no hint of recovery.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:47am
I EJ without remorse. Cheaper than buying cars.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 11:06am
I would love to EJ more but there just isn't enough playing time to get truly familiar with different blade and rubber combinations. 
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 11:10am
Second rule is: when you reach to a decent level, you need consistency, then you will keep only one setup.
EJ end!
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I see no hint of recovery.

no i'm going to use this blade for 2 months at least before I make a decision
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 11:16am
think its too late for me to reach a decent level.

having said that I am now 46, and I could not loop until I got to the age of about 44 and had to practice with my children and listened to there coaches
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 11:51am

having said that I am now 46, and I could not loop until I got to the age of about 44 and had to practice with my children and listened to there coaches

No wonder you change equipment so much. And no wonder you are so stubborn when people tell you to stop. And you kinda lied when you said you used the same equipment for many years without pointing out you didn't know how to loop when you did.

I had the same experience when I started playing years ago. Today, I EJ because it is cheaper than buying cars, not because I am under any illusion it will make me play better.
Cybershape Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:01pm
Next Level

why did I kind of lie? do you mean because I did not say I could not loop until 3 years ago.

I did use Sammy alpha and Mendo and Rapid for a long time.

But it is true I was very upright and used to drive almost everything off the bounce, I think you mean this bit where I kind of lied.

I am going to stop Ejing though, although it is probable at some point I will go to lp on one side of the blade
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:02pm
to be honest I do sort of like ejing sometimes too, it is fun too try different equipment sometimes
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:08pm

Next Level

why did I kind of lie? do you mean because I did not say I could not loop until 3 years ago.

I did use Sammy alpha and Mendo and Rapid for a long time.

But it is true I was very upright and used to drive almost everything off the bounce, I think you mean this bit where I kind of lied.

I am going to stop Ejing though, although it is probable at some point I will go to lp on one side of the blade

Yes - you haven't played long enough with anything to know your stroke yet so everything feels different and special.
Cybershape Carbon
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I EJ without remorse. Cheaper than buying cars.

I've got so many blades and crap now, I consider myself more of a collector than an Ej'er! 

I knew a guy who had gone through about 800 different ones he claimed... I saw about 90 that he had left. 
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:40pm
I played with JRE and 05fx both sides for about 6 months, this coincided with me getting better at/learning to loop

that was 2 years ago been messing about since then
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 3:19pm

tried a stiga allround classic carbon, thought it was horrible no feeling, might as well of used a frying pan

I was kidding, I just selected the next higher blade in the Stiga speed ranking Big smile
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 3:48pm
I used to own quite a few blades, and just recently I went ahead and sold ... every.. single ... one.. of.. them, except my main one. Boy was it tough :) I do have a backup blade, new in the box, sitting and waiting just in case, but I don't think I'll need it anytime soon.
My new setup is definitely "40+" ready and instead of wasting money on the blades I now spend money on the lessons :)    

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 4:03pm
Going Tonight with 5 blades to try

I find i can get used to almost any combination within a game
Because I've tried so many.

Exciting to try
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I was kidding, I just selected the next higher blade in the Stiga speed ranking Big smile

Im too sensitive
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 7:35pm

I used to loose against a 70x and he could not loop or move when I was 20x and my level was about 2300-2400.

I am over 35 now but I don't have to loop or move to beat some youngsters

WHY MUST BE LOOP???
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 7:59pm
My first rule of being an ej- "it is better to be an ej than do drugs."
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 8:03pm

============================
That will open a new door for EJing, because there are so many different LP rubbers available - some are OX while others with sponge.  Sooner or later, you will be able to find a LP rubber that you like.
skip3119
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 10:22pm
-buy first, regret later.

-money !!

-use your heart not your brain.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic