FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS 40+ seemed balls suck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I agree that they could be fakes, I will wait on you guys to tell me your observations on the balls from the 10-pack, its just that the ball from 6-pack feels very close to nittaku balls, and the 10-pack ones feel lighter during play.

Does your 10 pack have a date code? ITTF requires a date code, if there is no date code embossed on the box, they are fake. If there is a date code, it's highly likely they are real unless the faker took the extra step.

Here are some unscientific loosely controlled results from comparing some unused 6 pack balls from earlier in the year to a 10 pack I just got from paddle palace.

Bounce height, I dropped both balls simultaneously on the counter multiple times. They bounce the same. Tried a few different balls from each pack, same.

I grabbed my hardbat paddle with Dr Evil OX pips and bounced a bunch of different balls as high as possible up to the ceiling. They all feel the same to me. Switched to Tenergy 80, same.

I used the spectrum analyzer app that people have been using to record blade frequency and got the frequency of the balls bouncing on the counter. The results were close enough that I call them all the same or likely within expected manufacturing variance.

I will play with the balls at the club this weekend.

Edited by qpskfec - 09/14/2017 at 6:21pm
Sponsored Links

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

I agree that they could be fakes, I will wait on you guys to tell me your observations on the balls from the 10-pack, its just that the ball from 6-pack feels very close to nittaku balls, and the 10-pack ones feel lighter during play.

Does your 10 pack have a date code? ITTF requires a date code, if there is no date code embossed on the box, they are fake. If there is a date code, it's highly likely they are real unless the faker took the extra step.

Here are some unscientific loosely controlled results from comparing some unused 6 pack balls from earlier in the year to a 10 pack I just got from paddle palace.

Bounce height, I dropped both balls simultaneously on the counter multiple times. They bounce the same. Tried a few different balls from each pack, same.

I grabbed my hardbat paddle with Dr Evil OX pips and bounced a bunch of different balls as high as possible up to the ceiling. They all feel the same to me. Switched to Tenergy 80, same.

I used the spectrum analyzer app that people have been using to record blade frequency and got the frequency of the balls bouncing on the Kutchen counter. The results were close enough that I call them all the same or likely within expected manufacturing variance.

I'll find the date and report it here tonight, i m sincerely hoping that the ones i got were fake, in that case its not big deal, cause 20 of them cost me 9$, and I can donate them to my office pingpong supplies.
BigFatLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFatLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 7:59pm

I'll find the date and report it here tonight, i m sincerely hoping that the ones i got were fake, in that case its not big deal, cause 20 of them cost me 9$, and I can donate them to my office pingpong supplies.

Your office has pingpong supplies??!!  Cool!! Thumbs Up Are they hiring?   

Edited by BigFatLoop - 09/14/2017 at 8:42pm
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

I used the spectrum analyzer app that people have been using to record blade frequency and got the frequency of the balls bouncing on the Kutchen counter. The results were close enough that I call them all the same or likely within expected manufacturing variance.

$9 for 20 is a red flag, less than 50 cents per ball. Sounds too good to be true.

For comparison, ttnpp sells 72 3* balls for $40, so a little less than 60 cents each.

I paid about $14 for 12 balls on aliexpress in March. The current rate still is around a buck a ball more or less for small quantities.

BigFatLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFatLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 8:54pm

Maybe you could post detailed pics of the box and the ball markings from ebay, to compare to the ones from TTNPP.

Edited by BigFatLoop - 09/14/2017 at 8:57pm
book4all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book4all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 9:01pm
My D40+ from TTNPP weights 2.72 gram each on average. 27.2 grams for 10 balls. Smile

The distinct feature of D40+ is not quite white. I haven't found any balls from other manufacturers with similar "antique-white" color.

Edited by book4all - 09/14/2017 at 11:07pm
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 12:51am
Double fish V40+ isn't that far off in color.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 1:13am
after reading that mega thread, i bought about of ding ning DHS balls from ttnpp.

They are TOTAL GARBAGE, COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. 

Maybe i have gotten some weird batch, but these balls cannot last me one 3-hour day at the club without cracking, half of them are not round, and are too rough-surfased to retain any kind of spin. The balls has tremendous air drag that just kills speed and spin. 

They are nowhere near Nittaku. Not on same planet. Maybe i got ML balls in DN boxes? Who knows what u get when u buy crap from China. Just don't you tell me its my perception. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

after reading that mega thread, i bought about of ding ning DHS balls from ttnpp.

They are TOTAL GARBAGE, COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. 

Maybe i have gotten some weird batch, but these balls cannot last me one 3-hour day at the club without cracking, half of them are not round, and are too rough-surfased to retain any kind of spin. The balls has tremendous air drag that just kills speed and spin. 

They are nowhere near Nittaku. Not on same planet. Maybe i got ML balls in DN boxes? Who knows what u get when u buy crap from China. Just don't you tell me its my perception. 

I would never order bulk balls from TTNPP again. Last year our club bought 72 XuShaoFa 3* seamless, and maybe there were 20 round in the whole batch. Total waste of money.

If you're going to buy DHS D40+ balls, try tabletennis11 - our club had good luck with those.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:03am
Please tell if it is one star or three star, since there is a huge difference in one star and three star DHS balls.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:18am
Here's the pics of the crap balls https://imgur.com/gallery/1Euh7
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 9:33am
I have six-packs of DHS D40+ balls that are very good marked XBAG, in other words February of 2017.  They are three-star.

As someone else noted, not quite as white as some other balls.  They are 2.73 grams.  But very good to play with and they don't break, almost ever.

Wipe them with a towel before you play with them though, they may be the dustiest balls ever made.

As for ttnpp, I have never had a problem with them (have not bought much from them) BUT you have to wonder where he gets his stock that he can sell for so much lower than anyone else.

book4all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book4all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 9:45am
The box looks totally the same as I got from TTNPP. Can you compare the color of the bad balls with other brands? 

My DHS Ding Ning D40+ 3* also have a stamped batch number : XFAG (F is no clear, could be P, but mostly F). 

I used some D40+ from TTNPP, though still use Nitakku Premium 90% time. The first day experience of D40+ are very good, close to Nittaku Premium. My recent experience brought up a little doubt. I saw the first real time crack during the play, just like the old DHS 40+. After that I immediately switched to Nittaku Premium again. So I still don't have enough experience at this time to tell good or bad. 

I wonder how many people have bad experiences with DHS D40+ 3 star balls. And how many people feels very good. If you can add the source, like TTNPP, TT11, eBay, etc. , that would be great. 

Edited by book4all - 09/15/2017 at 9:52am
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 11:49am

Here's the pics of the crap balls https://imgur.com/gallery/1Euh7

Pix do not show the top/bottom part of the box where the date code should be. You probably cannot tell if it is there from a picture as it is embossed into the cardboard. You have to look close to see it.

On my box it is on the box flap that has "10 peices". Run your finger to the left of the "10" and you will feel the date code.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by book4all book4all wrote:

The box looks totally the same as I got from TTNPP. Can you compare the color of the bad balls with other brands? 

My DHS Ding Ning D40+ 3* also have a stamped batch number : XFAG (F is no clear, could be P, but mostly F). 

I used some D40+ from TTNPP, though still use Nitakku Premium 90% time. The first day experience of D40+ are very good, close to Nittaku Premium. My recent experience brought up a little doubt. I saw the first real time crack during the play, just like the old DHS 40+. After that I immediately switched to Nittaku Premium again. So I still don't have enough experience at this time to tell good or bad. 

I wonder how many people have bad experiences with DHS D40+ 3 star balls. And how many people feels very good. If you can add the source, like TTNPP, TT11, eBay, etc. , that would be great. 

That stamp means yours were made in June of 2017.  A P in the second position would never exist.  (The date code is simple, first two letters are month with X denoting zero, and last two letters denote year; ITTF mandates that code, although I really don't know why they just don't tell manufactures to stamp the date on the box so people can just read it).   I got one bunch from a site on Aliexpress (10-boxes) and another from ttnpp (6-boxes).  Haven't noticed that they are different in play, although sometimes I imagine that the ones I got from ttnpp make a slightly higher pitched sound when they bounce. If you really want to be sure, buy from TT11. 
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 11:57am
Just about every company is coming out with new balls right now. You know why? Because they are rebranded D40+ balls. Every company is swapping out from the old garbage and soon the seamless ball will be the odd ball we complain about as the new standard will be these D40+ and Nittaku.

Also all of the pros are happier with them, compared to the previous. Hopefully we will end up with a slightly softer ball that more spin can be imparted as the manufacturing process improves.

Stiga's new ball which just seems just like the D40+! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geWdqlwNaBs

TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 11:58am
Yes, although some of them may also be rebranded V40+ balls from Double Fish.  Still, they play similar enough.  I agree, this general class of balls is going to become the standard (and also, playing properties of seamless are likely to become more and more like the seamed ABS).  Not everybody will love them, but we won't be having to deal with so many different classes of balls.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

That stamp means yours were made in June of 2017.  A P in the second position would never exist.  (The date code is simple, first two letters are month with X denoting zero, and last two letters denote year; ITTF mandates that code, although I really don't know why they just don't tell manufactures to stamp the date on the box so people can just read it).   I got one bunch from a site on Aliexpress (10-boxes) and another from ttnpp (6-boxes).  Haven't noticed that they are different in play, although sometimes I imagine that the ones I got from ttnpp make a slightly higher pitched sound when they bounce. If you really want to be sure, buy from TT11. 

The Date code is XDAG, so D==April??

Also the balls are not off-white, but white
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:10pm
Yes, April.
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:16pm
  This is baffling , bought loads of Ding Nings  from TTnPP can't see a problem !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by siestakey siestakey wrote:

Its clear, i will put the dinged ding nings in the office ball box :)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by siestakey siestakey wrote:

Same here. But in the end though, the ball is pretty cheap. Should not be the end of the world.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 9:03pm
As ALWAYS,
Nittaku and Butterfly are the only safe balls to buy. You can try the others. If you feel lucky. 
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 10:22pm
I did some multiball with a mix of 12 balls, half from a 6 pack made in Feb, half from a 10 pack made in May, no difference.

I will restate the obvious - $9 for 20 balls is a huge red flag. It's like the $50 sheets of Tenergy you see on ebay.
book4all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book4all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 12:11am
Thanks Baal. I tried another box (same batch code for June 2017) from TTNPP. Today's play experience is positive and still quite close to Nittaku Premium. Again I haven't used D40+ too much yet . And with TTNPP's price I don't need to worry about it. 

I believe the D40+ balls should be "antique white" or "off white". 

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Edited by book4all - 09/16/2017 at 12:13am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 12:20am
Which aliexpress buyer do you guys suggest, i think TT11 is overpriced, and ttnp, i don't want to buy such a huge shipment of balls
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 12:22am
The 2017 MSRP for D40+ in China is ¥3.2(~$0.49 as of Sep 16) each for the 6pk.

Edited by zeio - 09/16/2017 at 12:26am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 12:30am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

The 2017 MSRP for D40+ in China is ¥3.2(~$0.49 as of Sep 16) each for the 6pk.

WOW! Thanks for the insider info Zeio!
Red (Europe) View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red (Europe) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 2:55am
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

Just about every company is coming out with new balls right now. You know why? Because they are rebranded D40+ balls. Every company is swapping out from the old garbage and soon the seamless ball will be the odd ball we complain about as the new standard will be these D40+ and Nittaku.

I guess that almost hits the spot, at least as long as the master of odd, the BTY G40+, is taken out of the equation. But it's quite funny that the more I play with the newer D40 balls the odder XSF seamless seems to behave.
-- wrecking crew --
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 11:34am

Which aliexpress buyer do you guys suggest, i think TT11 is overpriced, and ttnp, i don't want to buy such a huge shipment of balls

Ttnpp sells 6 packs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic