Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gambler FLC = ZLC ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gambler FLC = ZLC ?
    Posted: 09/15/2017 at 6:48pm
I noticed Gambler has some new FLC blades they claim is like ZLC. Maybe it's a Chinese copy of ZLC? Limba, Koto and a hinoki blade. Here is the innerforce type blade

Every Fire Dragon has 2 layers of proprietary *high modulus carbon interwoven with multi stranded tempered filament,(F.L.C). F.L.C expands the optimal striking surface and gives the blade optimum flex recovery even at the highest professional levels all while maintaining touch and feel.

4 outer layers of high grade Limba and Koto followed by *high modulus carbon interwoven with multi stranded tempered filament,(F.L.C)., Inner core of high grade select clearwood.
Carbon layers are placed closer to the core to provide an overall soft feel while maintaining the kick of carbon, Fire Dragon Touch is a very nimble blade with notable flex and kick.

Edited by jpenmaster - 09/15/2017 at 6:48pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 7:18pm
It sounds nore like the stuff Stiga uses in Carbonado to me.

That is a quite nice looking blade IMHO.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 7:47pm
The other blades are limba Koto with the FLC under the first layer and then the Hinoki FLC

Edited by jpenmaster - 09/15/2017 at 10:20pm
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 7:51pm
Where are they available from?
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Zeropong

P.S.: posted at the same time as piligrim

Edited by Matt Pimple - 09/15/2017 at 7:56pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

zeropong
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 8:16pm
Might be a pioneer and try this. With 729 focus 3 snipe rubbers.
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 12:37am
Is there a chinese website that sells Gambler products worldwide? I searched on Aliexpress and Taobao but didn't find anything, strange considering they are chinese brand....
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 4:35am
They look gorgeous. The only thing that cools me down is the size. Otherwise for this price I wouldn't think at all and jump on it
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
vinox27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vinox27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 5:48am
EJ mode kicks in just bought all of the blades with free shirt per blade.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by vinox27 vinox27 wrote:

EJ mode kicks in just bought all of the blades with free shirt per blade.

Interested in how the blade plays.  And the design of the moisture-wicking shirt looks extremely sharp.  Hmmm, maybe something to wear for the NA Teams this year.

-
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 1:07pm
I'm trying one.  I should get it by tues eve.  A guy told me he thought his was ok so.  I was skeptical based on the rosewood oversized I tried that seems to be of the same make.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
dsc13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:01pm
I have a PH version of the Fire Dragon Touch, which is supposed to be similar to the BTY Innerforce-ZLC. The construction of the blade looks to be the same, but i can't tell if the wood composition is the same. The head size of the Gambler blade is the same as the BTY blade.  I forgot to weigh the Gambler blade before mounting rubber on it, but it feels much lighter.  I'm sure it is, because my 2 ZLC-CS's are much heavier than the spec at over 90 grams each.

I use 2.1mm Tenergy on both sides.  The blade feels very solid and has a slightly harder feel than the BTY blades I have.  In my case, this is perfect for me, as my BTY blades feel like they've lost some pop over the years.  I know there is a theory that composite blades degrade through use, and while I used to be skeptical of this, I'm more of a believer now.    This combo seems to fit my play style perfectly, and I have much better feel and generate more spin. 

I'm not sure whether the blade feels better because of the lighter weight, newness, or superior construction, but I do like the results.

ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

They look gorgeous. The only thing that cools me down is the size. Otherwise for this price I wouldn't think at all and jump on it

Agreed! Nothing wrong with 151x161, but it’s just not what most people will prefer. Fingers crossed down the road they will offer 150x157.

(Also, the pink handle on the “fast” will probably be polarizing. But it looks cool.)
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 11:45pm
I got the fast version (fire dragon) and it is much stiffer and harder than almost all my other blades. At first I thought it was like my galaxy T8 blade which feels like a brick, but it has pretty good control for blade this fast. I am currently using razka 9 and xiom asia omega V both in 2.0 sponge. My blade has a mass of 90 grams.

The shirt was the kicker for me. Great deal at 10 dollars. Fits well. This is a steal at 45 dollars for both (counting shipping). I am thinking about trying the one or two of the other blades. 
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 9:17am
Interesting.  I've been looking for a fast composite blade at around 80g.  For $40, I wonder what sanding it down to 150 X 157 would do to the weight, balance, and the performance?
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 9:18am
Does the larger head make it feel more head heavy? I'm looking for a balanced blade.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Does the larger head make it feel more head heavy? I'm looking for a balanced blade.

I do not think it is particularly head heavy. I will try to get a weight with current rubbers, but with razka9 and i think air assasin it was 184 grams
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I do not think it is particularly head heavy. I will try to get a weight with current rubbers, but with razka9 and i think air assasin it was 184 grams

Thanks. Looking forward to your comments.
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 11:00am
Just ordered a Fire Dragon Touch.  When I get it, I'm going to weigh it out of the box, then shave it down to the profile of my Xiom blades, then weigh it again, mount rubbers and evaluate its performance.  I think taking it from 151X161 to 150X157 will probably take 3-4g off the total blade weight.  Maybe it will open the door to try some rubbers that I felt were too heavy previously.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 10:49am
i got mine. sure looks nice.  will try it out tonight
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 11:19am
Out of curiosity, is anyone going to perform the frequency measurements as per:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79593&PN=3#999531
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by dsc13 dsc13 wrote:

I know there is a theory that composite blades degrade through use,

is it true ?

and what it look like that free gambler t-shirt ?

Edited by manraid - 10/17/2017 at 12:14pm
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

i got mine. sure looks nice.  will try it out tonight

Which one did you get?

Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 4:48pm
Just received my Fire Dragon Touch.  Weight listed on the Zeropong website:  81g plus or minus 2g.
Weight of blade received:  91g
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Rich L Rich L wrote:

Just received my Fire Dragon Touch.  Weight listed on the Zeropong website:  81g plus or minus 2g.

I guess right off that means that it's best to talk to them directly and have them weigh one before ordering if 90+ grams is an issue.

Did you do a frequency test?
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Rich L Rich L wrote:

I'm going to pick mine up in Vegas.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 7:00pm
I did not do a frequency test, I don't have the app, and frankly, I don't buy the correlation based on some of the numbers I saw on the table.

I emailed Zeropong, and I'm sure they'll straighten the matter out, it's just that I've never seen a blade that's 10g off from its published weight.  I didn't specify, because I felt I could deal with the tolerances they published.  I have a suspicion that it might be an error on their website.  Anyway, I've raised the flag for other readers, and Zeropong knows they have to look into it.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 7:12pm
I have the fast blade, both blades are the same thickness and mine also weighs 91g. +/- 2 grams is never going to happen lol. Most blades can vary 10 grams so if you want something specific better ask. I have had Butterfly Korbels from 80 grams to over 100 grams

Edited by jpenmaster - 10/18/2017 at 7:12pm
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I have the fast blade, both blades are the same thickness and mine also weighs 91g. +/- 2 grams is never going to happen lol. Most blades can vary 10 grams so if you want something specific better ask. I have had Butterfly Korbels from 80 grams to over 100 grams

That's nasty. A 20% difference. Someone should get fired.

I know that there are Japanese and European versions, possibly that is the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic