Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Is there an errors in my forehand stroke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there an errors in my forehand stroke
    Posted: 09/28/2017 at 2:05pm
Hi everybody I never had a coach. I learned strokes from videos.can you give me advice.. is there an errors in my forehand stroke? Thanks a lot

---------------------(I will add new video)

Edited by leonardo - 09/29/2017 at 12:26pm
Sponsored Links

Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 2:29pm
you mostly play from your arm, not from your body. try to use your hip to generate speed.
do you stand on your entire feet?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 2:31pm
It's a great start, congrats! good hips and upper body rotation and weight transfer from one leg to another.
I suggest you do it bouncing on your feet, relaxed, being more fluid; you will know you are on the right path when you can achieve the same ball speed spending less energy because you'll get better at letting your strokes flow. The shoulder should be looser: you want your the upper body rotation to throw it forward without you doing anything about it, you just let it go; same for the arm; then you snap the forearm actively.
I also recommend you place the ball in the middle, do 2 forehands and 2 backhand drills to teach you forehand to forehand, backhand to backhand, forehand to backhand and backhand to forehand recoveries and the related side steps and pivot.
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

you mostly play from your arm, not from your body. try to use your hip to generate speed.
do you stand on your entire feet?

thanks Fabian yes I stand entire feet
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It's a great start, congrats! good hips and upper body rotation and weight transfer from one leg to another.
I suggest you do it bouncing on your feet, relaxed, being more fluid; you will know you are on the right path when you can achieve the same ball speed spending less energy because you'll get better at letting your strokes flow. The shoulder should be looser: you want your the upper body rotation to throw it forward without you doing anything about it, you just let it go; same for the arm; then you snap the forearm actively.
I also recommend you place the ball in the middle, do 2 forehands and 2 backhand drills to teach you forehand to forehand, backhand to backhand, forehand to backhand and backhand to forehand recoveries and the related side steps and pivot.

Thanks soooo much fatt....what a nice advices...after your comment i realized i was very rigid...next I will try to be more flexible
(can I send your e-mail next video? can you write your e-mail thanks a lot )
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 3:04pm
you are welcome; just post your progress here; it's better to have multiple advice so you can build your own game and perspective from what all people say; this game is complicated and it's good to hear the same things expressed differently.
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

you are welcome; just post your progress here; it's better to have multiple advice so you can build your own game and perspective from what all people say; this game is complicated and it's good to hear the same things expressed differently.

ok you are right...by the way

1)Is there a problem about the ball hit time?
2)Is there a problem with racket grip?
3)Is there a problem with the end of the racket? (sometimes its pass my head)
4)is there a problem in my distance? (this is last question :)))

Edited by leonardo - 09/28/2017 at 4:06pm
maurice101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maurice101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 4:17pm
What I see. Good forward weight transfer. Better than me!! However, not enough arm relaxation. You take the racket back too soon. This leads to a pause at the end of the backswing. This does not allow a whip action to occur. You do not rotate forward just before the arm. This means you can not relax the arm for the forward swing and this makes you not relaxed and this means the racket head swing is not maximized. ttedge.com goes into detail about the whip pattern in all strokes. It is worth joining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR_ll18VZg8
cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 4:18pm
Relax and move your feet.
SDC custom st
FH G-1 max
BH Evolution FX-S 1.9
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 4:23pm
What I see that's wrong is your arm is the same through the entire stroke.  You're using 0 elbow.  

Try this:  
Beginning of the stroke, start with your weight on your right foot (you're already doing this pretty well)
Elbow at more of a downward angle and less bent at the elbow.  
Swing your arm more and snap the elbow a bit as your transfer weight to the other foot.
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 4:29pm
I'm getting great advice right now when there is not one person around me to fix me around. everyone eternal thanks
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 11:43pm
Just to echo what has been said about the elbow:   It's not as fun-- but I would actually slow down the speed of the ball on your robot as you develop the 'feel' and elbow positioning.  I would adjust the speed to a 'warm-up' speed so that you can relax your arm more and let your elbow rest more naturally.

Check out the first few minutes of Ma long and Zhang Jike warming up and even them transitioning to stronger loop strokes.  Their elbow is still pretty close to their body.  

Positives I see is you have good 'forward' acceleration.  As you 'open-up' to a bigger forehand I would use the hips more to initiate the arm going forward.  

But overall a great start!
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 4:55am
Yeah you should not stand on your entire feet, just your forefoot
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 2:59pm
thanks a lot for all advices...I'll try to fix myself and add another video soon...I will inform you
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2017 at 4:41pm
nobody give answer for my second video...so I delete it...yours sincerely

Edited by leonardo - 12/04/2017 at 6:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic