Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Match against Cheng Li (2541) game 3 and 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 4:42pm
I'm 1800,
So are you.

I use spring sponge inverted;
You do too.

You beat me,
Then I beat you.

But the guy over there,
He uses long pips.
Pips that have been known
To sink cruise ships.
And make a ball
Do dives and dips.
And give naive young loopers
Bad head trips.

But if you should become
World Class,
You won't have to worry
About all that jazz.
Just stoke what you got
With the latest booster,
And your game will be as nasty
As a Loosiana rooster.

Pushblocking with pips
Will take you only so far.
After that you have to be
A defensive star.

And though being a D-star (or heck, even a damn good pushblocker)
These days is pretty great.
To win a World Singles
You're gonna have to wait.
(till Hell freezes over; it could--climate change)

Edited by berndt_mann - 11/07/2017 at 4:47pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Sponsored Links

Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Interesting reading :)

I would be interested to see a video of 'Pushblocker' playing against a similar rated chopper. 

in tournaments, we are at 5:5. Most matches go 5 games..

Edited by Pushblocker - 11/07/2017 at 4:51pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 5:04pm

Reflecting

Pushblocker plays a specific strategy that he has honed over many years vs various styles of players. He exposes fundamental weaknesses in players by moving the ball all over the table.

An opponent, to beat him, has to play methodical, see the video.

Players who lose to lp players either don't have the discipline or skills of shots needed to win at the level being played.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Those pips instantly made me a 2000+ player.. They are magical

Everyone knew it.  Now it's confirmed... LOL!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Reflecting

Pushblocker plays a specific strategy that he has honed over many years vs various styles of players. He exposes fundamental weaknesses in players by moving the ball all over the table.

An opponent, to beat him, has to play methodical, see the video.

Players who lose to lp players either don't have the discipline or skills of shots needed to win at the level being played.
This is absolutely correct. I try to figure out what my opponents weaknesses are and then I will exploit them..

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 8:32pm
I think the only thing pushblocker enjoys more than beating high rated players is... seeing the spiteful, bitter comments from posters online! LOL

PB is one of my favorites to watch, and has a style I try to employ in part. I love being the proverbial wall and saying "just try to hit by me!" Blocking them down is such great fun... but, as with most defenders, the player is never given credit for winning.

It's either a "I had a bad day and just missed my shots" or "you're crap and can't win without pips/anti!" 

An attacker is praised for hitting winners and demolishing his opponent. While a player like PB is written off as lucky or unskilled, lol... The truth is though, those players are missing BECAUSE of PB's skill in using the rubber and forcing, yes FORCING, errors from them. Just as a chopper might vary spin and 'force' an error (which is labeled as an unforced error), the pushblocker uses angles, speed, tempo, and changes in spin to bring about mistakes. 

I wonder how amelia solja would do against the people pushblocker plays. She seems to be a bit more aggressive in parts, but is fairly BH oriented just the same. 
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

I think the only thing pushblocker enjoys more than beating high rated players is... seeing the spiteful, bitter comments from posters online! LOL

PB is one of my favorites to watch, and has a style I try to employ in part. I love being the proverbial wall and saying "just try to hit by me!" Blocking them down is such great fun... but, as with most defenders, the player is never given credit for winning.

It's either a "I had a bad day and just missed my shots" or "you're crap and can't win without pips/anti!" 

An attacker is praised for hitting winners and demolishing his opponent. While a player like PB is written off as lucky or unskilled, lol... The truth is though, those players are missing BECAUSE of PB's skill in using the rubber and forcing, yes FORCING, errors from them. Just as a chopper might vary spin and 'force' an error (which is labeled as an unforced error), the pushblocker uses angles, speed, tempo, and changes in spin to bring about mistakes. 

I wonder how amelia solja would do against the people pushblocker plays. She seems to be a bit more aggressive in parts, but is fairly BH oriented just the same. 

USA Yue Wu World Rank 120 USATT rating 2521

Amalie Solja World rank 123

So Solja USATT rating would be 300-400 above the pushblocker
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

USA Yue Wu World Rank 120 USATT rating 2521

Amalie Solja World rank 123

So Solja USATT rating would be 300-400 above the pushblocker

I'm nowhere close to their playing level but I did take a game off Yue Wu when I last played her..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic