Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Your adaptation to 40+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your adaptation to 40+
    Posted: 12/16/2017 at 4:40am
I'm curious as to what equipment changes people have actually performed in order to adapt to 40+ balls.
If some of you could share your experience, others could benefit.

So, what did you change, why did you change and how happy are you with it?
Sponsored Links

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 11:11am
No thanks. I was looking for simple and concise statements about how and why people have changed equipment, not for the life stories of lp or anti players.

Funny that no one seems to care or have any strong opinion on this as for me it's quite obvious that rubbers with softer and/or thinner topsheets and harder sponges seem to be much better with any 40+ balls.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Funny that no one seems to care or have any strong opinion on this as for me ...........

Of course no one has any great opinion.
The change has affected everyone at the same time. Any modifications to one's game has probably been very gradual and hardly noticeable. That's why it's not worth the effort to have any great analysis.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 2:47pm
Celluloid era: 2012-2014 seasons

Timo Boll ZLF/ 86 grams/ FH hurricane 3 neo/ BH Regular Hexer

Plastic ball: 2015 season to present

Timo Boll ZLC/ 86 grams/ FH Hurricane 3 neo/ BH hexer powersponge (softer sponge than hexer, same

The heavier ball just made my ZLF set up so MUSHY

The harder feel of the ZLC made it more solid for me, and the softer sponged hexer allowed me to spin better by slowing the zlc blade
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 5:31pm
A lot of people I know who used to use all wood blades switched to Btfly ALC blades. This included several 2500 players. Personally I didnt change equipment but had to change technique a little and really concentrate on good body rotation.   
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 7:08pm
I change equipment so much, it's hard to tell. I do think a faster/harder blade a good idea due to less spline and slower game.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic