Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Long Pips Rubber ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 3:53am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

There is a place in Malaysia that also has it but their payment processing company can't process US credit cards..

http://www.tenryu.com.my/store/Giant+Dragon-Dragon+Talon+National+Team/q?m=prod&prod_id=828&in=9

Ahhhhh..... I thought it was me, or my Visa which is Belgian.
Pity cause they offer a lot of quality stuff for decent price. I was there last year and was impressed by the people especially the owner. Lovely folks.
One question remains open: shall the Belgian customs ask me to pay import taxes like they always do when I buy from Japan?
Meanwhile ordering from China doesn't cause any headaches(so far)

True, Belgian Customs are obsessed by packages coming from Japan (even sent as gift with low declared value, they open it each time :)) I have ordered maybe 50 times from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan...never been caught. From Japan, only 2 packages arrived without being caught.....They even stole me brand new shoes which I ordered straight from Butterfly Japan in 2010.....They told me these were maybe fakes....I had the invoice from Butterfly company and I paid more than 100 EUR to get them...this model was not for sale in Europe..a few months later they sold them without leting me know ....
I know this is not the subject of this thread but your comment reminds me that horrible souvenir....

Edited by kakapo - 02/11/2018 at 3:54am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Sponsored Links

pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

So, I'm still not sure what blade to buy ... Does it make send to just stick a LP on my existing Joyner ?
Has anyone used any of the following blades, and if YES, whats your take on it..

- Giant Dragon Kris II 
- Giant Dragon Kris
- Donic Defplay Senso (NOT THE V3)
- Donic Alligator Combi

Since I'm going to be testing the waters with LPs, I don't want to spend much on the setup. At around $55 USD, I find the The Dr. Newbauer Firewall blades to be more on the expensive side. Initially, I don't want to spend more than $35USD, on a blade...

I am using Donic Cayman and Dr. Newbauer Firewall Plus, both with Grass D. Tech.
Cayman is a bit more bouncy but OK at my level. Both very thick, which is what
I wanted, to compensate for the OX Long Pips.

Giant Dragon Kris II seemed interesting but impossible to get in the U.S.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 5:35pm

XVT 10mm balsa carbon plays all around

I have two using with Globe 979 OX.

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 7:32pm
Veet,

You won't be able to find any LP that is currently made that will satisfy all of your requirements.  You need to think about which are most important to you.  If staying close to the table and blocking with the LP is most important then the best LP will be one that is OX.

Go with any cheap Chinese OX LP that is easily available in India.  Friendship 755, Talon, Neptune, Dawei 388D or any of the other Chiniese LPs already recommended in OX are all fine for close to the table LP blocking.  Learn to control the ball and chop block with any of these.

This includes learning how to deal with dead/no spin balls.  Learn to twiddle and play with inverted with on your BH every once in a while.  If you are physically able to, learn to step around your BH to attack with your FH. You will need all of these techniques to continue to improve your level with LPs.

You should be aware with the lower spin generally with plastic ball, there is a lot less spin reversal from LPs and less funkiness.  You can push aggressively or attack against backspin balls with OX LPs.  However, you cannot attack consistently against no spin or topspin balls with OX.  You need to understand the limitations of what LPs can and cannot do and you will need to build your game around that.

I would not change your current blade to try LPs.  A blade change may also cause your FH rubber play different.  Change 1 variable at a time.  Also be aware due to the reduction in the overall weight of your setup due to OX LPs as well as change in balance, your FH may/will feel a bit different.

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 8:00pm
I use LPs only on the ca. 0.5 mm sponge. My own take on National Pogo: avoid it. True, it is very easy to use, but it is even much easier for the opponent to do with your shots whatever they want. 
For me, 755 was much better, considering the average of control and difficulty for opponent. Similar holds true for 388d-1. A few guys in my club use TSP LPs or MPs for close to the table blocking style. Maybe have a look at these, even P1R can work well for the blocking style even though it is meant primarily for modern def/choppers.
Also, there is a bunch of very interesting LPs from Dr N. if you don't mind spending some.
Another option is to start with a tough one, like the Tibhar Grass DTecs and go through some suffering on the tough road to excellence...

(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 11:15pm
Hello NoFootwork..

Thank you your suggestions.. much appreciated!!

Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

Veet,

You won't be able to find any LP that is currently made that will satisfy all of your requirements.  You need to think about which are most important to you.  If staying close to the table and blocking with the LP is most important then the best LP will be one that is OX.

I already understand that, which is why I had mentioned it, right at the beginning of the thread, that Control is my top priority, followed by Spin. Then, Spin-Reversal, and Deception, which although not priorities, would be nice to have as added bonuses... 

Go with any cheap Chinese OX LP that is easily available in India.  Friendship 755, Talon, Neptune, Dawei 388D or any of the other Chiniese LPs already recommended in OX are all fine for close to the table LP blocking.  Learn to control the ball and chop block with any of these.

The main issue in India is, availability ... Most vendors (Online or Offline) have never even heard of brands like Dawei, CTT, Giant Dragon etc... Friendship is a known brand here, but the 755 is not available. 

This includes learning how to deal with dead/no spin balls.  Learn to twiddle and play with inverted with on your BH every once in a while.  If you are physically able to, learn to step around your BH to attack with your FH. You will need all of these techniques to continue to improve your level with LPs.

You should be aware with the lower spin generally with plastic ball, there is a lot less spin reversal from LPs and less funkiness.  You can push aggressively or attack against backspin balls with OX LPs.  However, you cannot attack consistently against no spin or topspin balls with OX.  You need to understand the limitations of what LPs can and cannot do and you will need to build your game around that.

Yes, I understand that there would be a learning curve .. Probably a steep one.. I'm wondering if I should use OX, or a thin sponge (0.5 or 0.6)

I would not change your current blade to try LPs.  A blade change may also cause your FH rubber play different.  Change 1 variable at a time.  Also be aware due to the reduction in the overall weight of your setup due to OX LPs as well as change in balance, your FH may/will feel a bit different. 

I don't mind using my existing blade... However, it is a 25year+ blade, and has gone through several rubber changes.. So, I'm not too sure if it can endure another..

Edited by Veet - 02/11/2018 at 11:20pm
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 4:17am
Hi JacekGM,

Thanks for your response and suggestions...

Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

I use LPs only on the ca. 0.5 mm sponge.

That's another aspect I'm wondering 'bout  - whether to opt for an OX, or to get a minimal sponge (like 0.5mm or 0.6mm), and how much of a difference it would make. 

My own take on National Pogo: avoid it. True, it is very easy to use, but it is even much easier for the opponent to do with your shots whatever they want. 

For me, 755 was much better, considering the average of control and difficulty for opponent. Similar holds true for 388d-1. A few guys in my club use TSP LPs or MPs for close to the table blocking style. Maybe have a look at these, even P1R can work well for the blocking style even though it is meant primarily for modern def/choppers.

My thinking is - Start off with a easier LP, and then progressively move-on to more effective, but difficult to use LPs.. Initially, I just want to get a feel of an LP, cause, at this point, I don't even know if it'll suite my game, or whether I'll be able to adapt or learn the technique... 

The 755 and 388-1 comes recommended by many, on this thread.. So, I'm open to even these..

Also, there is a bunch of very interesting LPs from Dr N. if you don't mind spending some.
Another option is to start with a tough one, like the Tibhar Grass DTecs and go through some suffering on the tough road to excellence...

Since I'm only going to be trying to LP, initially, I surely don't want to start-off with advance and expensive ones like Dr. N and/or DTecs... 

Edited by Veet - 02/12/2018 at 4:18am
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 11:07am
My advice would be to put ANY LP on your BH and give it a shot. You are suffering from a case of 'paralysis by analysis' right now and an illusion of being able to come up with an optimal (for you) choice by simply reading and discussing multiple options on the Internet. It is fun in itself, but no replacement for actual experience at the table.

Just get something (borrowing paddle for a few minutes from a club mate works too) - you might hate it, as you pointed out yourself. 

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 12:03pm

I use LPs only on the ca. 0.5 mm sponge. My own take on National Pogo: avoid it. True, it is very easy to use, but it is even much easier for the opponent to do with your shots whatever they want. 

I agree that Pogo does not bother opponents too much.. Easy to use but also not too deceptive for the opponent.. However, I think that for someone who does not have experience with long pips, it's the perfect rubber to learn to play with long pips. I think that rubbers like DtecS or Talon require a experienced long pips user as they are not as easy to control as Pogo.  There are plenty of good pips but many of them are kind of hard to play if you are new to long pips.

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/12/2018 at 12:04pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

My advice would be to put ANY LP on your BH and give it a shot. You are suffering from a case of 'paralysis by analysis' right now and an illusion of being able to come up with an optimal (for you) choice by simply reading and discussing multiple options on the Internet. It is fun in itself, but no replacement for actual experience at the table.

Just get something (borrowing paddle for a few minutes from a club mate works too) - you might hate it, as you pointed out yourself.  

What you've said makes 100% sense... this is some zen type advice....... 

'paralysis by analysis'  - This is the first-time I've comes across this quote.. and I love it... I'm going to use and reuse this quote, some where, some time... if you don't mind...

Edited by Veet - 02/12/2018 at 1:11pm
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 1:55pm
The Kris II blade is going to play different to your Jonyer...it is a stiff balsa blade, maybe medium fast with a fast and a slightly slower side.  Neither is what I would describe as slow.  The rebound from the balsa works well with the OX long pips (which ever one you choose), but you may find it requires some adjustment for your forehand.  It's been a few years since I used the Kris II and even longer since I used a Jonyer, but you may find it is harder to loop some balls but easier to hit with.  The Jonyer is a much more topspin friendly blade for most loop oriented play.  It's not that you can't loop with the Kris II, you can, just would require some adjustments since the blade doesn't help as much as your current blade.

As far as the Pogo goes, it is a good pip to start with.  

What brands do you have available to you?  Perhaps we could help you find something easily available for you.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 2:27pm

What you've said makes 100% sense... this is some zen type advice....... 

'paralysis by analysis'  - This is the first-time I've comes across this quote.. and I love it... I'm going to use and reuse this quote, some where, some time... if you don't mind...

Also known as  (or at least related to)  'paradox of choice' phenomenon: offering too many options to the user can lead to increased frustration of said user. Kind of describes a lot of EJ problems.

I did not coin it - it comes up a lot in business context though, at least where I work. So - feel free to use it :)
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 2:35pm
I recommend Spinlord Dornenglanz II. It is very easy to use, has great control in both attack and defence and is very durable.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

The Kris II blade is going to play different to your Jonyer...it is a stiff balsa blade, maybe medium fast with a fast and a slightly slower side.  Neither is what I would describe as slow.  The rebound from the balsa works well with the OX long pips (which ever one you choose), but you may find it requires some adjustment for your forehand.  It's been a few years since I used the Kris II and even longer since I used a Jonyer, but you may find it is harder to loop some balls but easier to hit with.  The Jonyer is a much more topspin friendly blade for most loop oriented play.  It's not that you can't loop with the Kris II, you can, just would require some adjustments since the blade doesn't help as much as your current blade.

As far as the Pogo goes, it is a good pip to start with.  

What brands do you have available to you?  Perhaps we could help you find something easily available for you.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your response... I do prefer looping/top spinning the ball, over flat-out hitting, especially on the FH;  unless is high and close to the net. I did read that the Kris II is a 2-speed OFF/DEF blade.. But, I guess I overlooked the balsa/stiff part.

The Joyner has some flex, and certainly loop friendly (was more so during the 38mm era).. However, I really don't think it would be able to endure another rubber change... The ply had already starting stripping off, during the last rubber change..

As for rubber that are readily available to me are : -
  • Tibhar Grass Dtecs (I am not even giving this rubber a thought)
  • Yinhe Neptune & Qing
  • Butterfly Feint (Don't know which one)
  • Phantom 007,008,008,011 
  • Sanwei Dizzy
  • Andro Chaos (Very Expensive)
I've found Dawei 388D-1, and the Friendship 755 on ttnpp.com, that too, at some ridiculously cheap prices.. ... However, I 'm not sure about the shipping... Anyway, I've sent them an email, inquiring bout the same..

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 9:15am

My advice would be to put ANY LP on your BH and give it a shot. You are suffering from a case of 'paralysis by analysis' right now and an illusion of being able to come up with an optimal (for you) choice by simply reading and discussing multiple options on the Internet.  

Haha, my favorite is :   "I am an agressive looper with spinny loops on both wings. Can someone recommend a spinny rubber and a good blade for me?" 
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 1:04am
Hi,

I've found some of the recommended Rubbers and Blades on Aliexpress - They accept Indian credit card, and ship to India too... However, I'm not sure about the Authenticity of the products... Has anyone made purchases from Aliexpress ? Any views ?
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 8:31am

Hi,

I've found some of the recommended Rubbers and Blades on Aliexpress - They accept Indian credit card, and ship to India too... However, I'm not sure about the Authenticity of the products... Has anyone made purchases from Aliexpress ? Any views ?

I did and it was fine (I was buying chinese blades and rubbers). Again, worrying about authenticity of 6-8$ LP is an overkill. Whatever differences among different LP flavors there is, it will be dwarfed by the fact that you don't know yet how to play with LP. 

May be I am misinterpreting your intent, but it does not sound you are 100% sure of committing to LP long term, you just want to try it, and we are not talking about serious competitive level either (I could be wrong). 

So, yes - Aliexpress is fine in my experience (shipping might be extra slow now because of Chinese New Year though)

pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 9:08am
One more thing: gluing OX rubbers is really hard; if you buy a blade as well,
it is a good idea to buy them together and ask the seller to glue the rubber.

Edited by pitigoi - 02/14/2018 at 9:08am
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 1:03pm

May be I am misinterpreting your intent, but it does not sound you are 100% sure of committing to LP long term, you just want to try it, and we are not talking about serious competitive level either (I could be wrong). 

Yes, I'm not 100% sure of committing to LP .. That being said, it's not like I intend of playing with it, for just a couple of days... I know, there would be a learning curve ... some adjusting/getting used to ... I will certainly give it my best shot..
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 1:04pm

Yes, I'm not 100% sure of committing to LP, for life .. That being said, it's not like I intend of playing with it, for just a couple of days... I know, there would be a learning curve ... some adjusting/getting used to ... I will certainly give it my best shot..
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 1:12pm
So, I've got the rubber figured-out ... I found ordered the 729-755 and Dawei 388D-1 on Aliexpress.. Both were under $8USD..

However, I could not find any of the blades I had shortlisted... I'm not too familiar with the Chinese blades..  I discovered the Yinhe Galaxy T-9, on Aliexpress, which is a 2-Speed Blade. Based on reviews, it seems to be way too fast, and difficult to play with (??)

Apart from the Kriss II (Not Available on Aliexpress) Any recommendations on Chinese Blades, suited for LPs ?  Preferably, not too heavy, and slightly larger head ?

Edited by Veet - 02/14/2018 at 1:14pm
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 2:32pm

So, I've got the rubber figured-out ... I found ordered the 729-755 and Dawei 388D-1 on Aliexpress.. Both were under $8USD..

However, I could not find any of the blades I had shortlisted... I'm not too familiar with the Chinese blades..  I discovered the Yinhe Galaxy T-9, on Aliexpress, which is a 2-Speed Blade. Based on reviews, it seems to be way too fast, and difficult to play with (??)

Apart from the Kriss II (Not Available on Aliexpress) Any recommendations on Chinese Blades, suited for LPs ?  Preferably, not too heavy, and slightly larger head ?

Sword 309 is pretty good - I am using it now and recently ordered 2 more as a spare and to do some 'experimentation'.

It is quite popular with defenders, especially in the Eastern Europe, I think.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 11:20pm
A really good defense chinese blade is the yinhe LQ-2. Great for chopping and looping. My all time favorite defensive blade.
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 11:34pm

Sword 309 is pretty good - I am using it now and recently ordered 2 more as a spare and to do some 'experimentation'.

I found it on Aliexpress.... 

How's the grip ?  I saw detailed pix of the blade, and to, it seems that the Wings go a tad too far down the handle/grip... I used to have a toy-racquet with a similar grip, and it was horrible to hold.

Edited by Veet - 02/14/2018 at 11:35pm
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2018 at 8:16am

I found it on Aliexpress.... 

How's the grip ?  I saw detailed pix of the blade, and to, it seems that the Wings go a tad too far down the handle/grip... I used to have a toy-racquet with a similar grip, and it was horrible to hold.

It is a common complaint in reviews ('wings are too low') - but it did not bother me. 
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 11:12am
Hi,

Anyone played with Hallmark blades - Aurora, Combination, etc ? How would these blades, be suited to my style of play ?
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 5:28am
Hello,

Just an update....

I purchased both, the Pogo and the Dawei 389d-1 rubbers.... I'll probably start off with the Pogo. 

Thanks everyone, for the suggestions and advice
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 12:50am
Hi,

So, I played with my new setup, yesterday (Donic Defplay Senso V3, FH=Xiom Vega Euro, BH=Pogo OX), and it certainly didn't go anything as expected.

I'd like some input, suggestions, tips, etc.. from you guys..

So, here's how it went, for me...

1. Went to club, but there were only players, who play a level or 2 below me, and who I typically, never lose a set to.
  2. Started-off a some FH counters... Right away, I felt the vibrations, a lot more than I usually do with my 25 year+ old Joyner-H..Even the sound was different...The entire feel was very different...
  3. Then went on to do some light-mid loops...Seemed very very controlled...However, I had to put in some more effort, than before...
  4. Then, I asked my partner to loop/top-spin to my FH, so I could block... Blocking seemed somewhat easier, although my blocks landed higher, as compared to when I would with my Joyner/Neo3/Mark V combo... My FH blocks seemed somewhat more consistent, and my partner would get a bit thrown-off by the lack of speed, on my blocks... So, I'm guessing my setup has some dampening effect on the FH.
  5. I couldn't wait anymore, and asked my partner to switch to BH....Now, I felt it was all down-hill, from here-on... I netted my very first return... and my second, third, fourth.. The fifth one, I managed to put across.
  6. On the sixth one, the ball hit my LP, and bounced right down, onto the table...I'm pretty sure that the blade angle was pretty open.
  7. I could sense the dark clouds gathering right above me...everything turned rather gloomy.
  8. When my partner would push, my returns would go long, if I tried returning with an open-face... Closed a face a bit, and I would net it...'
  9. I'm thinking "NO...NO, this Pogo LP is not at all easy to control as those guys on MyTT made it sound...Pushblocker : grrrrr"
  10. I tried playing strokes/shots, as per the dozens of video and written tutorials/tips/trainings, that I had watched and read many many times, but nothing worked... 
  11. Started playing proper games...
  12. I thought placing the ball would be a easier... No
  13. I thought, pushing the ball would be easier.. No
  14. Blocking (BH)... Not a chance in hell...Those I did manage.. were put away, with relative ease.
  15. Side-swiping.... No cigar...
  16. The Glimmer of hope was the controlled FH.. even those were not as effected, once my partner(s) got used to.
  17. I actually found imy chop/push with the XVE on the FH, to be more consistent, than I did with Pogo on the BH
  18. I lost most of the games/sets, played.. Mind you, this is against players, who I'd typically thrash, even if I didn't bring my A game to the table.
  19. At times, it seemed that my BH was deader and dead.. at times, it felt as if the ball was made of lead(Pb)..
  20. Almost always, when I did manage to put the ball across the net, it was higher, and even these players, could put away...
  21. I can't even begin to imagine, what it would be like to play against players, on the same level as myself, or higher..
  22. Even service returns, went wide... didn't think of it to be insensitive to spin.
  23. I don't think this rubber is meant for chopping, on of off the table.
  24. I tried lightly hitting (as seen in training videos), on Backspins... simply netted the ball each time....
  25. The setup for the BH, seemed like it lacked any juice what-so-ever... 
  26. At the end of play, my elbow hurt a lot more, than it usually did...
At this point, I don't know whether it technique, or whether something is wrong with the setup....

Help!!!!
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 1:10am
It is a learning process, takes time.

Go to North Little Rock Table Tennis Group timeline page on Facebook. Read the lengthy introduction, click on the info links.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 1:11am
Playing with long pimples takes a lot of skill, especially at the higher levels (only at the lower levels do you win a lot of cheap points because the opponent does not understand how LPs work). If you expected to learn how to use it in one session, you're very optimistic. I think you need some help from a player that plays with long pimples, to show you how to adjust.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic