FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Balsa Carbo Fleece Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Balsa Carbo Fleece Blade
    Posted: 05/19/2018 at 5:25am

With my season pretty well over due to recovering from an illness…I've decided to have a look at a slightly faster blade and a bit lighter. The Donic Balsa Carbo Fleece.

A bit of back blade history…. I played with a OTC since it was released till that had an accident with a wall at a hall I was playing in and switched quickly over to the slower Donic Carbo Fibre which I actually really like but lacks a little speed and power when playing at match speed sometimes which it makes up with amazing touch, feel and control.  Hence going for the slightly faster Fleece model which I hope holds some of the same feeling.

The Balsa Fleece blade is light at 76g on my scales and has a really good finish. Edges on my one have been sanded down smooth and overall the feel in hand is really nice. Very much the same as the Fibre but maybe even a touch nicer finish.

I'm not a big packaging fan but the blade I got blade comes in a really rather nice new packaging which I haven't seen before as to be honest I don't change blade so much or rubbers really. Pics included.

I'll be testing the blade in a while against the Balsa Fibre and a OTC that I have coming back to decide which one I’ll train with over the summer.

Rubbers wise will be Z1, Barracuda and Z1 Turbo.

Here are some quick photos of the blade and packaging. No real guessing that I don’t have the best camera for this kind of thing btw.

Cheers

GZ

Sponsored Links

Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2018 at 8:10pm
Please do follow up with your thoughts, I am interested!
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2018 at 8:33pm
I'm trying to have a gentle hit over the next few days and i'll pop some basic details on here once I've hit a few balls with the blade.

Cheers

GZ
Uri View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 6:13am
Hi,

Did you play with  "donic balsa carbo fleece"?
How is it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic