Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R42/ESN close to T05FX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R42/ESN close to T05FX?
    Posted: 06/15/2018 at 9:11pm
How does R42 compare with T05FX? Any other similar playing rubbers from the current generation of ESN/Stiga?
Sponsored Links

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2018 at 11:14pm
I don't want to say that Rozena is similar to T05FX because for me it is far better, because I put a premium on control. Rozena does not have the catapult or grab of Tenergy because it had a different top sheet, but because you can control the ball more, it has every bit the same ability to create excellent spin n and c speed. A rubber we'll work considering. I have to hand it to Butterfly, they know how to create great rubbers.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 12:35am
Omega V asia for me
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 12:58am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I don't want to say that Rozena is similar to T05FX because for me it is far better, because I put a premium on control. Rozena does not have the catapult or grab of Tenergy because it had a different top sheet, but because you can control the ball more, it has every bit the same ability to create excellent spin n and c speed. A rubber we'll work considering. I have to hand it to Butterfly, they know how to create great rubbers.

Err, Rozena has an identical topsheet to T80 pretty much? Do your research
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 1:22am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I play with ROZENA as of now. Not the same or close.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 11:00am
I tried R42 in the supermax sponge, and I have used t05 fx for more than a year, although it was a while ago and on a different blade. They onviously don't play the same. R42 was great for topspin, but the 2.3 sponge felt mushy to block. I could feel the wxtra dponge and it made blocking seem quite randon. I block a lot of my bh so that killed it for me. T05fx never had that problem. I didn't care enough about r42 to try it in 2.1, which might have solved the problem.

So it doesn't feel quite like tenergy, nothing else does, but it's a really nice rubber. Just try different thicknesses before you buy, if you can.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I tried R42 in the supermax sponge, and I have used t05 fx for more than a year, although it was a while ago and on a different blade. They onviously don't play the same. R42 was great for topspin, but the 2.3 sponge felt mushy to block. I could feel the wxtra dponge and it made blocking seem quite randon. I block a lot of my bh so that killed it for me. T05fx never had that problem. I didn't care enough about r42 to try it in 2.1, which might have solved the problem.

So it doesn't feel quite like tenergy, nothing else does, but it's a really nice rubber. Just try different thicknesses before you buy, if you can.

Yes, I meant the non-ultramax version! On BH, I never use ultramax (currently using Aurus Prime 2.1).
ZhouZhekai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZhouZhekai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 5:20pm
A lighter version of EL-S or Evolution FX-P, however no Tensor as far as i know has the Tenergy Feeling. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic