FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bluestorm series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluestorm series
    Posted: 06/21/2018 at 5:59pm
I'm a MXP user and former user of Bluefire M1. would you recommended me Bluestorm series over MXP or FXS/Z3?

Which is the difference between Z1/Z2? looks like they've got same hardness.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/21/2018 at 6:00pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Sponsored Links

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2018 at 5:56pm
I would definitely not recommend to anyone Z2 or Z3 if they normally play with MXP. Z1, I might, but I want to test it out again next week.

Z2 is an okay rubber from beginners to lower-intermediate players. Z3 is for beginners only in my view.

Luckily, I have a sheet of Z1 Turbo and I have played 6-8 hurs with it. 4 hours on Zhang Jike ALC and another 4 on Stiga Celero. Donic have launched a product that is harder than Z1 but by no means a step forward. It is a bit harder and difficult to loop more than 4 in a row. The first two loops are good with good spin and speed but after that the rubber loses grip and pace. Plain Z1 is a lot better without tuning.

After scratching my head over the Turbo, I decided to boost it with a substantial layer of Revo.

I will report back in a couple of days but the bottom line is that Z1 is the best of the Bluestorm series but not really better than MXP overall.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Which is the difference between Z1/Z2? looks like they've got same hardness.

Pip geometry. Z1 has closer pips, more spin. Z2 has longer and more spaced pips, more catapult/feel.

I found Z2 pretty mushy even on ALC blades while Z1 is a very good rubber. Found max thickness (2.3) a little bit softer compared to M1 or MXP.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 1:37am
Thanks you both form the reply!

I was suspecting it was pips geometry too.

So, do I keep using M1/MXP? ESN formula barely hasn't changed since the release of 2013 Evo series/bluefire.

How about the speed and spin on Z2/Z3 compared to former Bluefires M2/M3?

Bluefire M3 was quite faster and spinny for a soft rubber.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 8:30am
Having tried both Z2 and Z3 I think M3 is better than both of them in every aspect.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 10:17am
For sure Bluefire series was a huge improvement on ESN rubbers, but which one would you get as a replacement of M1/M2?

I don't get why ESN keeps releasing same rubbers as before like Donic Acuda Blue or this Bluestorm series... Theres nothing really new from the release of Bluefire gen rubbbers.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Having tried both Z2 and Z3 I think M3 is better than both of them in every aspect.

To put in my 2 cents. Compared to M3, I consider Z2 harder, faster, and spinnier. Z3 is spinnier but slower.

I think all Donic rubbers have durability issues but that's a different topic.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic