Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Violin LG ST with fastarc G-1 FH and Rakza 7 BH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Violin LG ST with fastarc G-1 FH and Rakza 7 BH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
max vdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max vdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Violin LG ST with fastarc G-1 FH and Rakza 7 BH
    Posted: 07/12/2018 at 11:40am
Hello,
I have commanded this setup (both FH and BH are 1.8 thick) and while waiting for the delivery I was wondering what its shortcomings would be.
I have been playing for 3 years now, my playstyle is looping from FH close to the table and at mi-distance while moving a lot and using big strokes with my whole body. I am currently developping my BH loop.
I used to play with Donic persson powerspeed (7 ply allwood off/off- blade) with Tihbar Nimbus 1.8 on FH and evolution FX-P 1.8 on BH.
I found myself going too often off the table with my loops even though my bat angle was very closed (probably due to my too big strokes and lack of touch/brush) thus I chose to buy the violin which I heard had a good feeling so I could correct my technique with the fastarc G-1 which I read goes well with violin and with which it's ok to engage the sponge strongly.
So what are your thoughts on that setup? My main concern would be the setup being too fast for me.
Thanks for your advices

Edited by max vdh - 07/12/2018 at 11:57am
Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2018 at 12:01pm
sounds ok.  I have played with all the equipment you ordered - your balls should stay in more.  This setup definitely is not too fast.

Edited by tom - 07/12/2018 at 12:02pm
max vdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max vdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2018 at 12:04pm
Thanks it puts my mind at ease Tongue
max vdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max vdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 4:25pm
update
the blade arrived today,It was indeed exactly what i needed.
I still need to tame the rakza 7 since my backhand technique is messy but when I execute the brush properly I send bangers filled with kick.
The fastarc G-1 on the FH side is perfect my loops accuracy and consistency have raised a lot and I can execute smashes really easily compared to my previous setup.
I found I had to be even more active in the game, It's definetely not a setup for passive play but it suits me.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 4:39pm
Sounds like a very reasonable setup to me
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by max vdh max vdh wrote:

update
the blade arrived today,It was indeed exactly what i needed.
I still need to tame the rakza 7 since my backhand technique is messy but when I execute the brush properly I send bangers filled with kick.
The fastarc G-1 on the FH side is perfect my loops accuracy and consistency have raised a lot and I can execute smashes really easily compared to my previous setup.
I found I had to be even more active in the game, It's definetely not a setup for passive play but it suits me.
During your next training-session you should try to use the G1 on backhand. You will notice that this rubber is playable very good on both sides. Actually I am playing with G1 on both sides (fh 2,0 and bh 1,8) of my main blade (Nexy Arche) and it feels fine for me, although my playing-style is different on fh (slow and fast looping) and bh (underspin, block and smash).
max vdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max vdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 5:17pm
I'll try that.
Though it's really a technique issue since I have only 1 training session a week and I guess my Usatt rating shouldn't be high (never heard of Usatt rating here in Belgium so I can't really estimate it )
I made my teammate try the setup and now he's set on getting the same rubbers LOL
I should also add that by the end of the training session I had more trouble lifting the ball since my rubbers got moist but may also be due to exhaustion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic