FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Golden Tango PS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
thomas1984 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Golden Tango PS
    Posted: 07/15/2018 at 8:35am
Hi eweryone!Has anyone  tried to play this rubber? It seems to be a softer version of golden tango?
thx for the comments
Sponsored Links

Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 9:16am
more bounce than h3
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2018 at 1:23am
Much better than the old one.

I use it without booster and is faster than h3 neo with booster.

Easier to use,you can play it like a Evolution MXS, is a tacky rubber but not as h3 neo.

High spin but on strong topspin h3 neo generate higher spin.

I like it a lot on the FH. I try to use it on BH but was to hard for my BH.

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2018 at 12:39pm
hello how is the throw angle of the golden tango ps max and is it possible to play it on the backhand ? thank you very much :D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2018 at 6:47am
Lower than h3 neo

I tried to use it on bh but i prefer softer and with more catapult rubbers

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 4:38pm
yes it's possible to play with it on BH. The throw is very high, and it's just a bit softer than the 54 deg. GT. It's taking some time for me to get used to and it's definitely harder than just about anything I've ever tried on my BH, except for the original GT, but it has spin that I don't think I've ever experienced with the other (non-Chinese) rubbers I've used. The people I practice with at my club all say the spin I generate is very difficult for them to deal with, so I'm going to be sticking with this for now. After playing with a firm, tacky rubber like this that has the German sponge it's hard to go back to some of the other rubbers I've used such as Rhyzm Tech, Rhyzer 43, etc.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 7:51pm
I loved the Golden Tango, this sounds even better. Can't wait to try it!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2018 at 10:15am
I tried this rubber last night on a Joola Zelebro it had Rhyzer 48 on the other side. Golden Tango PS has a higher throw than Rhyzer 48 and is a lot slower. The top sheet has a mild tack to it and really spins the new ball very well. The sponge feels medium hard to me something like 39 degree dhs blue sponge when it's boosted. This rubber can be played fh or bh but might be soft for some people's fh. Overall this is a spinny rubber that is easy to play/control.

Edited by jpenmaster - 08/25/2018 at 10:25am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2018 at 10:46am
Recently i also tried the 2.0 but with booster, amazing

I already decide to you this rubber on fha

I don't understand why Tibhar don't want to sell the hybrid serie in Europe like Joola do with the Goldens

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2018 at 1:11pm
so Golden tango is like a Chinese rubber hybrid?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2018 at 4:37pm
Yes it's a Chinese Hybrid
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2018 at 1:17am
Yes it is in a way, except that it's made in Germany, whereas some other hybrids  are made in China.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2018 at 8:38pm
I switched to this rubber fh/bh on my Viscaria. Feels like a softer faster H3 Neo. Don't get me wrong it's still hard just not unboosted Chinese rubber hard. If you are playing with a Chinese rubber and are getting tired of boosting this is a nice option. Don't plan on playing this like a regular ESN rubber you need to use a brushing technique and it doesn't flat hit well bit to be expected from a Chinese type top sheet
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2018 at 9:26pm
I've been wanting to try this, but it sounds like it might be too soft coming from TG2 Neo and H2 Neo (I don't boost them, just play them straight from the package).  Maybe the original Golden Tango would be a better option?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2018 at 9:54pm
I'm not sure about the hardness of TG2 but Golden Tango PS is 50 degree ESN which is 38-39 degree on a Chinese rubber.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2018 at 11:52pm
My TG2 Neo and H2 Neo are both 39 degrees.

After reading other international reviews about its speed and tack levels, GT PS sounds like it might be like a Skyline 3-60 with a harder sponge and factory tuning.  I always liked S3-60.

Edited by DLC1325 - 09/02/2018 at 11:53pm
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2018 at 12:22am
Sounds similar to the Genesis 2 rubbers?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2018 at 2:40pm
Can anyone else share the throw angle compared to TG2 Neo or MX-S (or even Sanwei Target National, DHS Skyline 3-60 Mid)?  One person says the throw is lower than H3, another says it is very high, and I've never really figured out H3 Neo (I didn't find the throw all that high).  I have the most experience with TG2 Neo and MX-S, and for the way I play their throws are nice.

Edited by DLC1325 - 09/05/2018 at 2:41pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:51pm
Bump, I'm using it now and it's very nice
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

How does it compare to H3 Neo?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

How does it compare to H3 Neo?
A lot faster, and very spinny also

Feels like a slightly harder MX-P with semi tacky topsheet, slightly slower. A whole different beast from fully Chinese rubbers, in a good or bad way depending on the way you look at it.

Very controlled on Stiga Rosewood VII for my level, feels kind of muted on TB ALC
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 4:21am
Was planning to try this on my FH. Would like to know how it compares to mx-p and h3 in brushy strokes like serves, pushes, loops etc. Also, how is the durability? Does it feel almost immortal like the h3? Or does it feel dead after a few months (cuz of the euro sponge maybe).
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 9:02am
It's good better then all tensors I've used on FH, incl MXP and way better than aurus prime
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 11:01am

It's good better then all tensors I've used on FH, incl MXP and way better than aurus prime

This blanket statement doesn't help much...
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 11:05am
Thanks for the response smack :). Well, Atleast pretty everything I'm hearing abt it till now is all positive stuff.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

This blanket statement doesn't help much...
I was typing on my phone...

It's just better in most ways if you pair it with a fast-ish blade, the semi-tacky surface doesn't affect the speed much which makes it unique to hybrid rubbers, it is nearly the same speed as my Aurus Prime

Once the tack fades away, it still has those chinese rubber characteristics which I like
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 2:56am
What about the weight and how's the reaction to booster

Edited by Kolev - 11/07/2018 at 3:00am
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 8:08pm
Slightly heavier than Aurus Prime, haven't boosted it yet.

Guys again I will say. This rubber is one of a few/its kind - the speed is amazing, plays nearly as fast as my Aurus Prime, and the security when countering/touching is better than stock ESN rubbers. This is a rubber worth trying and you will not be wanting to boost this once you try it on an ALC/ZLC blade.

Remember, SmackDAT said it first ;)

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:53pm
I have been playing with this rubber on my BH since it first came out a few months ago.  I like it much better than the original 54 degree Golden Tango. It's just a little bit softer, and can be used either on the BH or the FH.  Another 2150 player at my club just bought it to replace his Tenergy and he didn't notice any drop off in performance.  
The tacky top sheet really generates a lot of spin, and the German sponge has the speed most of the Chinese tacky rubbers lack.  It is slightly heavier than many other rubbers, and it does have a very high throw angle, but it's a very good rubber and it's only $45!
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 5:25pm
Since the last great Joola rubber (Samba NTEC, which soaked booster and played almost exactly like classic speedglue) I've been burned by Joola repeatedly, by rubbers that failed to live up to their hype.

Joola Energy
Joola Samba+
Joola Samba Tech

If they can't make a rubber that feels like Samba with speed glue, you'll pardon me if I am skeptical of their ability to make a rubber that feels like Tuned H3 Provincial.

Edited by icontek - 11/08/2018 at 5:26pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic