FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Golden Tango PS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Since the last great Joola rubber (Samba NTEC, which soaked booster and played almost exactly like classic speedglue) I've been burned by Joola repeatedly, by rubbers that failed to live up to their hype.

Joola Energy
Joola Samba+
Joola Samba Tech

If they can't make a rubber that feels like Samba with speed glue, you'll pardon me if I am skeptical of their ability to make a rubber that feels like Tuned H3 Provincial.
Whatever, I never said it played like H3 provincial at all. 

Also, you are mitigating a lot of Joola rubbers, such as Rhyzm or Rhyzer 48, so your point isn't valid
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:28am
People, the user SmackDAT is not credible

Please take care.
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 6:48pm
From the readings above I am getting impression that GT PS is similar to Tau or Vega China or is it the answer to Genesis II? Anyone?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
slowd16z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowd16z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 11:51pm
Can someone compare this to Fastarc G1? They sound pretty similar.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 7:36am
This rubber is actually sticky, like a sticky Chinese rubber. This makes it feel slow on low contact, but once the sponge kicks in you get good speed. Topsheet is softer and more elastic compared to something like Hurricane. The rubber is an absolute spin monster. It's nothing like any of their other modern rubbers, in fact it's quite unique.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Since the last great Joola rubber (Samba NTEC, which soaked booster and played almost exactly like classic speedglue) I've been burned by Joola repeatedly, by rubbers that failed to live up to their hype.

Joola Energy
Joola Samba+
Joola Samba Tech

If they can't make a rubber that feels like Samba with speed glue, you'll pardon me if I am skeptical of their ability to make a rubber that feels like Tuned H3 Provincial.
Whatever, I never said it played like H3 provincial at all. 

Also, you are mitigating a lot of Joola rubbers, such as Rhyzm or Rhyzer 48, so your point isn't valid

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was responding to this:

Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I switched to this rubber fh/bh on my Viscaria. Feels like a softer faster H3 Neo. Don't get me wrong it's still hard just not unboosted Chinese rubber hard. If you are playing with a Chinese rubber and are getting tired of boosting this is a nice option. Don't plan on playing this like a regular ESN rubber you need to use a brushing technique and it doesn't flat hit well bit to be expected from a Chinese type top sheet

Boosted blue sponge provincial H3 was pretty much the best FH rubber i've used (in terms of versatility and power, while being more forgiving of footwork errors than unboosted chinese FH rubber). 

If ESN has made something that plays like that, it would be game altering for a lot of people. 

My point is that after using Samba NTEC + booster I looked for a backhand replacement and I reached out to other players who had used Samba, even speed glue era players. Several of them swore by Joola Energy. I tried it, then tried the Energy Extra variant. They lacked the short game touch and obscene control in countertopspin that NTEC provided. I later reached out to one of Joola's NA player reps. He recommended starting with Samba variants. I did so, and was let down repeatedly. Through that line. Each of them had glaring faults, ranging from overly sensitive service receive, to catapults that either felt mushy with no spin or highly reactive and unpredictable.

I haven't tried any of the Rhyzm or Rhyzer series on backhand; because after plowing through Joola's modern Samba line, I decided that Joola wouldn't get any more of my money.

For backhand, I found Rasant and until I run out of them, there is no reason to change backhand rubber again. 
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 4:02am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

This rubber is actually sticky, like a sticky Chinese rubber. This makes it feel slow on low contact, but once the sponge kicks in you get good speed. Topsheet is softer and more elastic compared to something like Hurricane. The rubber is an absolute spin monster. It's nothing like any of their other modern rubbers, in fact it's quite unique.

Hi. Shall I presume you've tried it?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 1:41pm

This description sums up the rubber very well, although I would say it is no longer unique as Tibhar K1 European version is very similar indeed.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2018 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Hi. Shall I presume you've tried it?

Yes, it's my main rubber at the moment.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2018 at 4:34am
In what sponge thickness?

Anyone any idea on the weight of a cut sheet?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2018 at 5:20am
I'm using 2.0mm. Weight of uncut sheet is about 70g, similar to Tenergy 05. It feels light compared to the Victas 401 that I normally use.Shocked
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2018 at 5:23am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

In what sponge thickness?

Anyone any idea on the weight of a cut sheet?

I don't know about a cut sheet, but I weighed mine before cutting it at 72g for a sheet of max in black, 168x168mm.
So about what you would expect for a 50 degree ESN rubber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2018 at 6:38am
Thanks both Smile

We are looking at MX-S range of weight then, heavier than MX-P which is no feather. 

Looking for a rubber to put on a 101g oversize blade (MPS) without making it too head heavy, I fancy trying this but the weight could be a problem. I tried Omega VII Asia in Max on a 100g JSH and I couldn't swing fast enough for decent looping, too accustomed to light setups, partly because as I have always used OX pips.  
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

This description sums up the rubber very well, although I would say it is no longer unique as Tibhar K1 European version is very similar indeed.

I did wonder about that... the description makes them sound a little different... have you compared both?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 9:23am
Looking at posts on other forums, K1's topsheet appears to be semi-tacky like Genesis, whereas Genesis II and Golden Tango (inc PS version) seem to have a fully tacky topsheet like a chinese rubber.

Can anyone corroborate this?  
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 9:39am

I did wonder about that... the description makes them sound a little different... have you compared both?
Yes - I'm using Tibhar in 2.0mm on my main blade and have a sheet of the Joola in Max on my back up/trying out rubbers blade.

I can absolutely switch between the two with no adjustment at all.

I measured the hardness of both with a Shore O durometer and they are identical at 50 degrees (I don't know for certain if the ESN ratings are supposed to be Shore O, but the results I get from it are normally very close to the given rating for ESN/German rubbers.)

The Joola weighed 1 gram more when uncut and the difference in thickness is pretty negligible, I would say the Joola is nominally thicker, but I would need a micrometer to tell you by how much.

Unfortunately I didn't fit them at the same time to compare them side by side before glueing, but from memory I would say the Joola felt a little stiffer. I also felt that possibly the Joola needed a small amount of time to break in, whereas I didn't notice this so much with the Tibhar, however as I tried the Joola first I might just have been used to the type of rubber by the time I tried the Tibhar.

Prior to using these rubbers I was using Stiga Genesis II Medium. Although I generally preferred The Genesis II especially when training, I seem to be getting better results now. I think because both the Joola and the Tibhar are faster on hard shots, whilst still giving me what I was after with the tacky topsheet in the short game and for serves etc. 
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

Looking at posts on other forums, K1's topsheet appears to be semi-tacky like Genesis, whereas Genesis II and Golden Tango (inc PS version) seem to have a fully tacky topsheet like a chinese rubber.

Can anyone corroborate this?  

The tackiness of the K1 European and Joola Golden Tango PS is identical, a fraction less tacky than Genesis II, but still definitely a tacky rubber. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 2:44pm
Thanks Sedis, really helpful feedback

The Golden Tango appears to be on the same sponge as Rhyzer 50, I had expected that the K1 Euro would be on a 50 degree version of the Aurus Prime sponge, however it's yellow/orange (old school lol). Does the K1 Euro follow the thin topsheet thick sponge trend that is used with Golden Tango and K1 Pro?
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 4:43pm
I have the 2.0mm version, since this seems almost as thick as the max Golden Tango PS, it could be the max K1 Euro is thicker, but I haven't seen one to confirm this.
The top sheet is reasonably thin, but maybe not as thin as the some of the latest thin topsheet/thick sponge ESN rubbers, but again I don't have anything to physically compare it with. 
I know a couple of people that are using Joola Rhyzer, so I will have a look at the two side by side next time I see them to get a better idea of how it compares.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 5:07pm
For me personally, the newer thin topsheet rubbers haven't worked as I spin the ball using topsheet only, which you have to with MX-P. The newer rubbers need you to engage the sponge a fair bit before the spin comes out and I don't hit the ball that way. Even if these hybrids are fitted with that thinner topsheet, it might be that the extra tack compensates and you still get rewarded for a thin brush stroke, all be it that more forward momentum and body weight will need to go into the shot than when using a factory boosted to hell rubber like MX-P. I loved MX-S, almost the perfect rubber, but I couldn't adjust to it's throw angle which requires more on my part to dictate it's travel over the net. If any of these hybrids give me similar spin on brush shots and pushes, but with an easier to handle throw angle, then I will be a happy man. T05H actually fits the bill in that respect, but in the end it was just too demanding for my level of play, that is a rubber with unlimited potential in the right hands, no wonder Timo Boll is still killing it on the international stage (apart from his obvious world class talent of course).
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 6:49pm
Thank you Sedis!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 11:39pm
I found Genesis wore out pretty quickly after only a few months of once a week / 3 hours playing. The way that it wore out was that the topsheet and sponge stopped being harmonious.

In other words, instead of getting consistent drives or consistent brushes, the topsheet and sponge started releasing the ball at odd angles.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 1:48am
The Golden Tango PS is certainly not like this, it's been very solid for a few months already.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 8:49am

Here are a couple of pictures:

Joola Golden Tango PS Max (the red rubber is Joola Samba 19 Max) 
Joola Golden Tango PS sponge close up

And the Tibhar K1 Euro 2.0mm (again the red rubber is Joola Samba 19 Max) 

PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 9:16am
Thanks a lot Sedis for your posts. They helped me a lot to understand how those rubbers behave, the comparison with the Genesis II M is especially useful to me.

I've been using the Genesis 1 for the past two years but need a harder sponge. I've tried a boosted H3 Neo Nittaku for a while, but it'd take a longer adjustment for me, even though I was still playing correctly with it (the changing throw angle took some time to get used to, though), and require to be always in a good physical condition to be used effectively. I was thinking of a H3 Pro Turbo Orange which is slightly softer and more springy than the H3 Neo, but in the end, this Tibhar K1/K2 range and Joola Golden Tangos might be good options for me.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 10:07am
And here is a picture of Tibhar K1 Pro (purple sponge) and K2 (beige sponge) with Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 (yellow sponge) and Androp Hexer Grip (green sponge).

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 3:15pm
What's K2 like in comparison with.... everything else?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

on the picture above, the K2 sponge reminds me of Couga's.

Ha, yes.  That sort of off-white.  A blast from the past.

I can't speak highly enough of the original K1 and K1+.  If you want a fast-ish, well-made hybrid then it's brilliant.  And excellent value for money - you can get K1 for $23, and K2 for $26.  Total bargain.

Edited by AndySmith - 01/24/2019 at 3:30pm
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 1:18am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

And here is a picture of Tibhar K1 Pro (purple sponge) and K2 (beige sponge) with Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 (yellow sponge) and Androp Hexer Grip (green sponge).

What is the K1 Pro like? Does the thinner topsheet mean that it plays a bit softer than the 52.5 sponge would suggest? 

Thanks

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 5:16am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

What's K2 like in comparison with.... everything else?

Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

What is the K1 Pro like? Does the thinner topsheet mean that it plays a bit softer than the 52.5 sponge would suggest? 

Thanks 

I've been using K1 Pro on Calix 2 since April. K1 Pro is actually perfectly fine out of the box without any boosting. It's a bit less tacky than H3 Neo (but still properly tacky) but the sponge is plenty fast. Looping underspin is a bit harder than with H3 Neo but I find K1 Pro easier to counter more aggressively. Lower throw than H3 Neo. Durability - my first topsheet laster from April till early Jan, playing 3-4 times a week.

K2 on my spare Qabod. Out of the box K2 felt rock hard as compared to K1 Pro or H3 Neo. K2's topsheet is less tacky than K1 Pro's, and the sponge feels even faster than K1 Pro's. Lower throw than K1 Pro. I found it to be a bit too demanding out of the box and so tried boosting K2 with one layer of Falco. Boosted it becomes quite playable but only close to the table, IMO. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic