Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the best sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hashimi_69 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashimi_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the best sound
    Posted: 10/17/2006 at 12:53am

hi guyz,

which rubber do you think is a real sound machine? which rubber produce the higher sound?

Sponsored Links

mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 2:21am

Easily joola mambo!

\R

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 4:43am
Stiga Almana Sound
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 9:20am
mambo, neos sound, inspirit is the best sound of any chinese rubber ever...right up there with the other two.

Oh, and donic supersonic s40 max is loud.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
crizKyr729 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crizKyr729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 9:25am
carbo sound with speed glu, samba ntech with of w/o speed glu
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 9:45am
I want to also toss in coppa tenero...very corky. My problem with all these rubbers is that they are all kind of slick. Well, inspirit isn't and coppa is still spinny. I've come to the conclusion that part of the "cork" sound when, it's like a champaign bottle popping, comes from the ball spinning out on the rubbers. Stickier chinese rubbers can make a loud sound, but it won't be that cork sound. More of a click or pow, depending on the sponge.

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 1:31pm
hey cole_ely, what is your current rubber now??Did you use dawei Inspirit?this rubber awesome but I had to glue it everyday because the sponge is really hard for me.
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
hashimi_69 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashimi_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 8:19pm

what about the donic gillardo power sound ? and donic gallardo sound ?

i am using tibhar torpedo for my BH and neos sound for my FH the torpedo sound is higher than the neos and its a very nice rubber but the problem with the tibhar rubbers is they dont live long

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2006 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Adib Adib wrote:

hey cole_ely, what is your current rubber now??Did you use dawei Inspirit?this rubber awesome but I had to glue it everyday because the sponge is really hard for me.

Well, i'm sure there are different hardnesses available. I've got some coming in from 35-43deg. I used it and will again, but I gave my sheet away to a guy who I wanted to try it. Needless to say he's still using it and waiting for more.

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2006 at 9:56am
I think a lot of the sound comes from the blade. When I used my Couga on the Joola Cat blade it was very quit. Then I bought a Stiga Optimum+ blade and glued the same rubber on, now it's loud as H*ll! It's louder then my friends Almana Sound which he uses on a simillar blade.
The holy grail
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2006 at 11:03am
Originally posted by hashimi_69 hashimi_69 wrote:

what about the donic gillardo power sound ? and donic gallardo sound ?

i am using tibhar torpedo for my BH and neos sound for my FH the torpedo sound is higher than the neos and its a very nice rubber but the problem with the tibhar rubbers is they dont live long

Alex Perez any guys here from the Dominican know of him? Well he is 2500 and sponsored by donic, has power sound max on a old avalox and his bat is as loud or louder than they guy with samba and much more power and harder sponge

Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2006 at 9:09pm
neos sound definately
duyanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duyanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2006 at 12:38pm
Yasaka Xtend!!! I'm using Neos Sound. Its sound is really loud but its loudness is reducing day by day. And now, its sound is smaller than Yasaka Xtend, which is used by a guy in my club, although this rubber is older than mine. I think next time i'll try this kind of rubber.
Stiga Clipper CR
FH - H3
BH - Stiga Neos Sound
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2006 at 12:50pm
Any of the Stiga Sound series. Almana, carbo, neos. Of them all I prefer Neos sound.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2006 at 12:55pm
Mambo and samba
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2006 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I want to also toss in coppa tenero...very corky. My problem with all these rubbers is that they are all kind of slick. Well, inspirit isn't and coppa is still spinny. I've come to the conclusion that part of the "cork" sound when, it's like a champaign bottle popping, comes from the ball spinning out on the rubbers. Stickier chinese rubbers can make a loud sound, but it won't be that cork sound. More of a click or pow, depending on the sponge.

I think you're the only other rubber sound aficionado that I know of (yeah, sound is way up there in importance to us). You're right about corky and Chinese just can't be found together.

I would say corky mean the "rwrgh rwrgh..." sound the cork makes when you twist a dry cork around while it's still on the bottle rather than the air popping "poc!" sound the cork makes when you quickly pull it off the bottle.

For me "poc!" is no good. "rwrgh..." means beautiful looping control and an oh-so-smooth feeling in the hand that holds the blade's handle--You know you has hit the ball just right!

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2006 at 4:03pm
Chinese rubbers can cork, but only when they imitate non-Chinese rubbers.

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2006 at 5:20pm
Palio 1.4mm topsheet on 2.4 mm cannon sponge actually makes a noticable 'puht' sound when I push with it. pretty cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic