Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Akkad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Akkad
    Posted: 08/04/2018 at 2:38am
As some of you may know, I am still happy with the Nexy Arche. I really like the feeling of the blade and the wonderful measures of the flared handle

But if I compare the feeling of both sides,I prefer the feeling of the forehand-side with this new outer-veneer which some people identified as "late" or "white wenge", which is also used for Nexy Rubicon.

Now Tibhar offers a new blade called Akkad, which is also designed by Nexy (http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35293&PN=27&title=nexy-designers-diary)
This blade has a similar structure like Nexy Arche, but with 2 important differences:
1. The outer veneer on forehand and backhand is the same (white wenge)
2. The core is much thicker compared with Nexy Arche 

The complete thickness of Akkad is 6,5 mm while Arche is 5,9 mm. Head size (15,7 x 14,9 mm) is the same and the weight is 2-4g heavier (my Akkad is 87g and my 3 Arche are round about 84g).

In my eyes Arche is a solid AR+ up to Off- blade. Therefore Akkad should be ranged with clear Off.
And (important for me) it has the same comfortable handle design and measures like Nexy Arche

without this "special" crystal Wink

Overall Akkad is a really beautiful blade

Next monday I will test it for the first time, with Fastarc G1 both sides (like on one of my Arche).

Edited by Magic_M - 08/04/2018 at 2:59am
Sponsored Links

assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 7:20am
So, how does it play?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 9:54am
Looking forward to your impressions!
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 11:15am
Is this Sargon's personal blade?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 9:12pm
I have not seen these available from my source of supply (Nexy Korea) I have asked and the time zone will take care of stuff in a day. 

If they are available, I will stock a few and also be testing one.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 4:38pm
Nothing yet Manfred? Ermm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 5:37pm
I have tested the Akkad within 2 training-sessions, side by side with my actual playing-blade Nexy Arche. Although the composition seems to be very similar, the feeling is not the same.

Because of the thicker core Akkad is definitely faster than Arche. That's not really a surprise. Personally I rate Arche with All+ up to Off- while Akkad is clear Off in my eyes.

For me Arche is a very solid blade with very linear speed, maybe a bit too less speed if you want to attack aggressively, but over all fast enough for nearly all situations.

Tibhar Akkad is faster, but also a bit more "lifely". That`s helpful if you want to loop on underspin or generally for each kind of controlled looping. If you want to attack with aggressive looping, you need a good feeling to find the right length of your balls. Otherwise some balls will go over the table. It is also a bit harder to control in the passive game (when your opponent attacks with power).

In comparison the Akkad is the better blade for players who usually play active and who want to loop whenever this is possible. I did not test this combination, but I am sure, that Akkad will fit very well with rubbers like DHS H3, Tibhar Evolution MX-S or similar rubbers.

If you want more control and less speed, Nexy Arche is the better blade for you, because blocking and ball-placement is extremely easy with Arche and of course looping is also possible without any problem (but not with the same speed and not with the same level of spin like with Akkad).

Personally I prefer the feeling of Nexy Arche, because I do not have enough skills to handle Akkad in the passive game and blocking on my backhand is an important part of my game.

Tomorrow I will post the Akkad and one of my 3 Arche in my FS-thread.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 5:42pm
Thanks!! Thumbs Up
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2018 at 5:44am
I bought the Blade and i will test it in the next weeks

My first time with a Nexy Blade
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2018 at 7:03pm
I tested today the blade about 90 minutes.

It's fast off/off+ with light vibrations and has a soft touch, too much for me.

I used hard rubbers, Golden Tango and Hexer Powergrip but I felt it was too soft and I had some problems during passiv game expecially with the block.

For the rest i found it excellent in attack game, powerful, high catapult strong rotations.

I recommend it for pure aggressive players.

Regards
Carmelo
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 4:24pm
Has anyone tried this blade with the Tenergy rubbers?

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 4:31pm
Yes, works fine with tenergy 05 2,1mm and Aurus Select 2,1mm on BH Wink
David_from_Gers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_from_Gers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2018 at 12:11pm
Got mine today. (83gr only !!??)
I'll test with 2 tibhar mx-s this evening,
Then i'll try chinese on the forehand.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_from_Gers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2018 at 7:50pm
I found it not that fast, off- or may be off. I found it similar to some 5 plies flex blade. My mx-s feel mushy on this blade.
Overall very good control, very good for topspin, but globally lack power. Linear, and good in the short game. Good for fast serve, and light contact, bad for hard charged underspin serve. Lack power for punchy blocks.
I like a lot the handle, nearly perfect for my hand.
You can go with very fast rubber without hesitation.
I have the impression that i need extra hard rubbber on this blade.
Next training, I will test heavily boosted chinese rubber on the forehand (tuttle vip 2018, 39 hardness).
May be my blade is too light at only 83 gr. I will seal it to make crispier contact.
Another point is about the sound... What is that...how to describe, looks like a broken ball, or a non inverted defensive setup. A bit strange for me, disturbing for the opponent !
Test story to continue...

Edited by David_from_Gers - 10/18/2018 at 7:53pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_from_Gers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 4:47am
New test with chinese dynamic rubbers, vip 2018 and battle 2. This setup is well better. No more strange sound, linear behavior, middle low but enough power. I found the blade really flexible with medium hard outer ply... Large sweetspot... but still able of precise hard shot also. Short game is easy. Lack of spin on hard contact services, lack of spin on hard pushes.
I like the handle a lot, nearly perfect for my hand.
Battle 2 h36 was nearly perfect on this blade, but blade too soft for the boosted tuttle vip (h39) given semi mushy result. Conclusion is that dynamic chinese rubber of 45 deg on esn scale is the best choice.
Testing to continue...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I have tested the Akkad within 2 training-sessions, side by side with my actual playing-blade Nexy Arche. Although the composition seems to be very similar, the feeling is not the same.

Because of the thicker core Akkad is definitely faster than Arche. That's not really a surprise. Personally I rate Arche with All+ up to Off- while Akkad is clear Off in my eyes.

For me Arche is a very solid blade with very linear speed, maybe a bit too less speed if you want to attack aggressively, but over all fast enough for nearly all situations.

Tibhar Akkad is faster, but also a bit more "lifely". That`s helpful if you want to loop on underspin or generally for each kind of controlled looping. If you want to attack with aggressive looping, you need a good feeling to find the right length of your balls. Otherwise some balls will go over the table. It is also a bit harder to control in the passive game (when your opponent attacks with power).

In comparison the Akkad is the better blade for players who usually play active and who want to loop whenever this is possible. I did not test this combination, but I am sure, that Akkad will fit very well with rubbers like DHS H3, Tibhar Evolution MX-S or similar rubbers.

If you want more control and less speed, Nexy Arche is the better blade for you, because blocking and ball-placement is extremely easy with Arche and of course looping is also possible without any problem (but not with the same speed and not with the same level of spin like with Akkad).

Personally I prefer the feeling of Nexy Arche, because I do not have enough skills to handle Akkad in the passive game and blocking on my backhand is an important part of my game.

Tomorrow I will post the Akkad and one of my 3 Arche in my FS-thread.

I think the contract in your blades was affected by the weights. I have a heavy Arche (87g) and a light Akkad (81g) and for me the Akkad is only slightly faster on the BH. Both are the same on the forehand. And I prefer the lighter blade on the whole.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2019 at 1:10pm
Next Level likes the Akkad, because he can put heavy topspin on the ball... BH-Man also likes putting heavy topspin on the ball. 
Ravil View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 11:12pm
How is it different from Clipper, or other 7-ply all-wood blades? I would like to know if it as stiff as Clipper or Force Pro.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2019 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Ravil Ravil wrote:

How is it different from Clipper, or other 7-ply all-wood blades? I would like to know if it as stiff as Clipper or Force Pro.

Definitely not as stiff to me. Feels harder though. I can't play with the Force Pro.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 9:35am
Is this blade flexy like a 5 ply (eg OSP Ultimate 2) or stiff like a tibhar force pro blue (semi stiff)?

Anyone using it with short or mid pimples on bh?

How much faster than Tibhar Force Pro Blue?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 10:03am
how doest it compare to TB ALC?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Is this blade flexy like a 5 ply (eg OSP Ultimate 2) or stiff like a tibhar force pro blue (semi stiff)?

I played the Akkad for a while and it's a very good 7ply blade in my opinion. It has a crispy contact and is pretty stiff. If you're looking for a rather flexy and soft blade, the Akkad is probably not for you. I do not know the Force Pro Blue, only the Force Pro SE which is supposedly thinner and slower than the other two Force Pro blades. The Force Pro SE is very soft on contact compared to the Akkad and I would say also slower.
Overall I would put it in the off- range, although if you swing fast enough, you can get it into off range. It also produces a nice arc and plays very linear imo.

Edited by Skynet - 07/28/2020 at 10:21am
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Is this blade flexy like a 5 ply (eg OSP Ultimate 2)
The OSP Ultimate 2 is a medium-stiff 7-ply blade.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 12:01pm
Matt, I thought Ultimate 2 was a lot flexier than I expected.  I bought it hoping it would be a better quality, better looping but still fairly stiff Force Pro Blue.  I can't control the OSP on backhand, my Spinord Keiler are too bouncy on it and when I drive fh really hard its too bouncy, I think it is flexier than medium stiff.

So hoping Akkad might be similar stiffness to Force Pro Blue and solid enough for bh blocks on backhand.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2020 at 2:22am
MOG, Akkad with a soft, modern dynamic rubber on FH like T05FX or Tibhar FX-S is outstanding on that blade for what you do.

Those two rubbers would also be outstanding on a gazillion other wood blade in hte Off- to OFF range too.

Ultimately, you gunna need to get your paws on some blade and try them out for yourself.

If you are around a lot of TT players, that shouldn't be much of a problem.
peopl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2020 at 7:31am
The TTGEAR LAB extensively tested the Tibhar Akkad blade, comparing it with six other blades:
Stiga ‘Ebenholz NCT VII’
Donic ‘Ovcharov Senso V1’
Nittaku ‘Barwell’
Stiga ‘Clipper CR’
Tibhar ‘Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition’
Stiga ‘Clipper CC’

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2020 at 7:53am
Yes I know but I have used some of the blades on tt gear lab and there numbers do not always reflect real world playing.  

For example I do not like flexy blades, so I am all over the place with a 5 ply wood blade as they are unpredictable.  
I have used a Tibhar Samsonov Carbon and I can assure you it is one hell of a fast blade!!

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic