Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Hexer Powergrip / Grip (2018 Release)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Hexer Powergrip / Grip (2018 Release)
    Posted: 08/18/2018 at 11:28pm
Hello fellow forum members,

Anyone played with these 2 rubbers yet?
Especially interested in the Powergrip version.

Could you kindly make a comparison with the original Hexer?
Spin similar? What about the throw? Still medium to high?

Kindly let me know.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2018 at 10:13pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx-dJ7z50Ao

They are in Japanese but overall the message from the Andro representative is that this rubber was made with more focus on affordability while maintaining the quality. It continues to utilize Andro's green sponge seen in Rasanter. 

It looks like Rasanter would be a better rubber if you can afford. 
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2018 at 4:24am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Not necessarily. Both rubbers have their advantages.

If you are coming from Rasant and you prefer to play with a rubber that offers an improved performance, you better try Rasanter.
If you are looking for a rubber that has similar characteristics like Rasant, Hexer Grip or Powergrip could be your future rubbers. Only the topsheets are slightly different and are improved with view to the plastic ball.

Best regards
Björn from andro
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2018 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Bjoern Bjoern wrote:

Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Not necessarily. Both rubbers have their advantages.

If you are coming from Rasant and you prefer to play with a rubber that offers an improved performance, you better try Rasanter.
If you are looking for a rubber that has similar characteristics like Rasant, Hexer Grip or Powergrip could be your future rubbers. Only the topsheets are slightly different and are improved with view to the plastic ball.

Best regards
Björn from andro

Do you mean that Hexer Grip and Powergrip are only an topsheet improvement of the olds Rasant Grip and Powergrip?
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2018 at 6:35am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

Do you mean that Hexer Grip and Powergrip are only an topsheet improvement of the olds Rasant Grip and Powergrip?

What do you mean with "only"? In myes 90% of all new rubbers are an improvement or modification of a former version. Sometimes they modify the sponge, sometimes the topsheet. Why should a completely new rubber be batter than o modification of a good former rubber? In our region several players are still playing with Rasant Grip instead of the newer Rasanter, because they prefer the feeling of the old version. For these players Hexer Grip could be a nice option.
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2018 at 7:25am
I don't like thw feeling of the new Rasanter

I already bought the Hexer Powergrip but didn't play yet.

I just wanted to ask the difference of this new Rubbes compare to the Rasant Grip and Powergrip. Was not clear to me if only the topsheet was improved.
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2018 at 7:40am
I am also not sure, but some people mentioned the sponge would be the same like the Rasant series (not like Rasanter) and that the topsheet would be similar (not identical) to the Hexer series. If my informations are right Rasanter has a thinner topsheet while Hexer and also the new Hexer Grip and Powergrip have a thicker topsheet.

Someone who already testet the new Hexer Grip with 2,1 mm sponge told me that the feeling of this 45 degree rubber is overall softer than his Rasanter R42. Therefore I think, the overall softness of the new Powergrip could be between R42 and R47. But once again: personally I did not test these new rubbers up to now. But this review does not fit to the theory that it is a combination of Rasant Sponge with spin-optimised Hexer topsheet because the Hexer topsheet was bit really soft
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2018 at 10:11am
I would definitely try these in the future.
I am a big fan of Hexer.

I am glad that Andro continues making that awesome natural rubber topsheets with nice red translucent color, unlike the new, orange-red plastic looking topsheets LOL
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2018 at 5:04am
Thank you for all the replies!

Way back, i enjoyed the normal Rasant for the ease of use.
I've been playing with the Rasanter R47 for some time now, it's great! But if I could choose, I would prefer something with a higher throw and grippier top-sheet.

I've also used the Barracuda. Never the Hexer though, but it seems they are quite similar according to forum members here.

By this Sunday, I will play with the new Hexer Powergrip. Will update with my thoughts on it again.
Cheers!
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2018 at 6:31am

First impression:

I'd fire the line art designer. The model name is squeezed down to fit that tiny space. So goddamn ugly. Ditch that brand logo there. Either that or andro, not both. Such a big waste of space.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2018 at 11:43pm
I am looking for something similar to Rasant PowerGrip, which I would get a couple of sheets if still available in 1.9 mm. I love the way it absorbs a full stroke and spits out a killer loop. if the Hexer PowerGrip turns out to be a slightly improved version - that would be even better.  Any revelation by people testing the Hexer PowerGrip would be appreciated. 
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 2:03pm
Hello Tom!

I've tried the Andro Hexer Powergrip (2.1mm) on the BTY Kaytec (M.Jun Penhold equivalent)
I have not tried the Rasant Powergrip. But have tried the normal Rasant and am a frequent user of Rasanter R47.

“I love the way it absorbs a full stroke and spits out a killer loop.”
This is still true indeed! Especially on slower loops, you can really feel the "auto-spin" just works right up! This is what they(Andro) market as magic spin.

It is an upgraded version of the Rasant for me. Easy to use still, faster, with a grippier topsheet. The Hexer Powergrip is a rubber I enjoy using very much. It's fun to use! (Brings back old memories, Palio Drunken Dragon was one crazy and fun rubber. Drunken kung fu style; This "magic spin")

Comparing the Rasanter R47. The Hexer PG feels softer probably feels more to 45 degrees than 47. R47 is faster, more speed especially at high power strokes. Hexer PG has a much higher arc for me. On brush loops / thin contact, I prefer the grip of the Hexer PG too. Spin wise, easier to generate on the Hexer PG for most shots, but on really high powered far table shots the R47's spin might edge out just a little.

Tell me how you feel when you've tried it too. Cheers!

Edited by Chewy - 09/10/2018 at 2:06pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 2:33pm
Thanks Chewy. If the HPG is slower than the R47 then maybe it is not what I am looking for.  I have a mounted R50 also,  I will play the R50 and RPG back to back before shell out for for HPG.
Hamasaki_Fanz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamasaki_Fanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

Hello Tom!

I've tried the Andro Hexer Powergrip (2.1mm) on the BTY Kaytec (M.Jun Penhold equivalent)
I have not tried the Rasant Powergrip. But have tried the normal Rasant and am a frequent user of Rasanter R47.

“I love the way it absorbs a full stroke and spits out a killer loop.”
This is still true indeed! Especially on slower loops, you can really feel the "auto-spin" just works right up! This is what they(Andro) market as magic spin.

It is an upgraded version of the Rasant for me. Easy to use still, faster, with a grippier topsheet. The Hexer Powergrip is a rubber I enjoy using very much. It's fun to use! (Brings back old memories, Palio Drunken Dragon was one crazy and fun rubber. Drunken kung fu style; This "magic spin")

Comparing the Rasanter R47. The Hexer PG feels softer probably feels more to 45 degrees than 47. R47 is faster, more speed especially at high power strokes. Hexer PG has a much higher arc for me. On brush loops / thin contact, I prefer the grip of the Hexer PG too. Spin wise, easier to generate on the Hexer PG for most shots, but on really high powered far table shots the R47's spin might edge out just a little.

Tell me how you feel when you've tried it too. Cheers!

Thanks for the review. Doesnt Hexer PG use the same sponge hardness with R47? I use R47 on the backhand and it feels slightly too hard and very bouncy. If Hexer PG feels softer then maybe I will like it more than my R47.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic