Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Hexer Grip and Powergrip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ondras.horak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondras.horak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Hexer Grip and Powergrip
    Posted: 09/13/2018 at 9:26am
Hello guys,

I would like to review two hot Andro brand new rubbers from Hexer series. New Hexers are the next stage of development that combines the best of the previous series Hexer and Rasant. Both of these rubbers were launched at the end of August and they are promising us a new solution to our plastic problem. Specifically, these rubbers have a topsheet made of 100% natural material. This trend has just begun, and besides Andro itself, we can see natural rubber for example at Xiom (Vega Pro) or Stiga (Mantra series). 

Andro Hexer Grip has a porous sponge with a hardness of 45 degrees and a significant green color. I had a red square, a sponge thickness 1.9 mm and a weight of 66 grams. Andro Hexer PowerGrip is his stronger sibling whose most distinctive paper difference is a harder sponge. It has 47.5 degrees, smaller pores and of course the green color. I tested a black square with 2.1 mm sponge and a weight of 70 grams. Packaging of rubbers is classic, black color and the design itself is suited to styling the Hexer series into a hellish origin. The description also reflects a little bit of comparison with TSP Super Ventus and Victas V> 01 Stiff with whom I play. I was keen especially about the Hexer Grip, because it (at least for me) fills a gap in a range of Rasanters.

I tested the rubbers on the seven-ply Butterfly SK7. Glued with TSP Bio Fix. The first sight after the cut, the rubbers are lighter than its competitors mentioned above, and they added 100 grams to all bats weight.
And now to the game. The first impression while playing were positive. The rubbers played absolutely steadily, well balanced. Spin potential of the rubbers is enormous. In terms of stiffness, I would say that the topsheet is at the bottom of the medium hardness, it is not sticky, but it is quite adherent. Topspins are really easy to play, I was getting more and more sureness to play the opening topspin from BH. Overally, I would say that my confidence increased in BH topspin game. The Grip seems to be a bit slower and "more technical" than Stiff, which is more direct. Spin is excellent from both rubbers, with Grip I feel spinning was little bit easier. 

Topspin from the FH side was steady. The contratopspins were extremely safe. Hexer PowerGrip is quite similar to Super Ventus in this way. Overally I thought the ideal space was rather closer to the table up to mid-range. Generally, for both rubbers (and more generally not just these two rubbers) the deeper a ball sink into the rubber the more controlled ball you get. Adapting to short play wasn´t problematic thanks to the similarities of rubbers I am used to.

In fact, it is quite possible that the Hexer Grip, at the thickness of 1.7 mm, would be found on a lot of defenders blades with no surprise. Its ball feeling is outstanding.

Conclusion. New Hexer series offers well made, quality rubbers for a plastic era. The softer Hexer Grip is slightly slower, with excellent control and a slightly higher arc. It has higher tolerance for mistakes. Ideal for players who are developing and want to increase their confidence and self-esteem in the strokes they are drilling. Hexer Powegrip is fastersharper with a slightly lower arc. It's really the faster brother of the Grip, the rubbers are very close to each other. I think these rubbers are absolutely amazing substitution of older Hexers with all modern elements of todays game style.

In one word - Hexcellent.

Edited by ondras.horak - 09/13/2018 at 9:38am
Sponsored Links

Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 10:13am
Good review but I like most picture that look like you will throw rubbers into mud :P :)
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondras.horak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 10:38am
Haha, thanks for a reply. It has a longer story in a background. I always catched pictures of new things right from my balcony like so https://www.instagram.com/p/BjSiaT7H45S/?taken-by=ondrashorak or like so https://www.instagram.com/p/Blc3h8fnENM/?taken-by=ondrashorak 
That was such a nice view but they started to build there anything... 

The Hexer rubbers are still on my blade and I am still enjoying them a lot! Really great pieces by Andro. 
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 4:30pm
Any opinion on how these new sheets handle high humidity?  The only down side to the Donic M2 I normally use is it tends to slip when the humidity gets high here in the summer months.

Thanks
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 6:52pm
Can you compare the speed with the original Hexer?
Is it as fast as a tenergy 64, for example?
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondras.horak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 2:49am
1dennistt: Good point. I have tested them about three weeks now and it is quite hot outside but rainy this week. I havent ´t noticed any problems. I am curious about their performance in winter part of seasson. 

assam: I think that the speed level is +- about the same for Grip and little faster for Powergrip. The biggest improvement imho is in spin potential of topsheet. I think that Powergrip could be good competitor of T64 in way of speed. But I think it is still easier to control it. 

Edited by ondras.horak - 09/14/2018 at 2:54am
BTY SK7
FH Andro Hexer Powergrip 2,1
BH Andro Hexer Grip 1,9
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 3:00am
Ok, thanks
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 1:13pm
Thanks!
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 3:12pm
I played with Hexer Power Grip the other day on a 7 ply. It has a soft feel to the top sheet and generates a lot of spin,it is right there with T05. For me personally service spin is excellent. Sponge is the typical porous 47.5 that most players prefer. Overall this is a very spinny ,fast rubber with good control as it's not too bouncy. This is definitely a loopers rubber. If your shot is more of a drive or smash it's not going to be the best choice.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 4:12pm
Are the topsheets translucent like the older gen rubbers (rakza, aurus baracuda, genius, etc) or opaque like all the new gen stuff?
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I played with Hexer Power Grip the other day on a 7 ply. It has a soft feel to the top sheet and generates a lot of spin,it is right there with T05. For me personally service spin is excellent. Sponge is the typical porous 47.5 that most players prefer. Overall this is a very spinny ,fast rubber with good control as it's not too bouncy. This is definitely a loopers rubber. If your shot is more of a drive or smash it's not going to be the best choice.

how is throw?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2018 at 12:04am
Top sheet has a matte finish. Playing on a softer 7 ply it's medium/high. It's not low but doesn't require a super closed blade angle. I played with it a few more hours tonight and it's really easy to play ,very forgiving and not spin sensitive like I feared. For some it might be a little slow as this rubber makes you work some . I would love to see a 50 degree version for the FH.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 5:36am
Can anyone plz compare Powergrip to the old Hexer?
Which one is overall harder, spinnier, are there major differences in throw and topsheet hardness?
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 6:13am
Played with Hexer PG 2.1mm about 5 hrs over 3 days with training and really enjoyed it.  The most spin (and easy access to that spin) that I have ever played with.  (i have never played with mx-p or tenergy or rasanter 47 as a reference)   Past rubbers I played with on this blade is Nittaku G1, Hexer, Rakza 7, Rasanter r50, and several China rubbers like H3.

I'm coming from Rakza 7 and did play with original Hexer before.  I think that Hexer PG is harder than both of them.  Looking at my friend's paddle it is much easier to push down farther on the old Hexer sponge.  Hexer PG seems much firmer.  Throw angle I feel is 'medium'.  Definitely not low throw like the old Rasant Powergrip.

With warm-ups it has a firm and plush feel.  Much better feel that Hexer for my taste.  I think I never truly liked the Hexer sponge experience.  This sponge is really sweet.

This rubber is primed for spin even while warming up.  Close-to-table faster loops the spin just never lets you down.  Maybe it's just a spinny(er) cousin of Rakza 7 but there is lots of dwell/control feeling there.

Stepping back for loops against block is were the magic starts to happen. Again, I have not played Tenergy 05 but this is one spinny rubber.  A more traditional stroke that engages the full sponge you will get high arcs and a 'kick'.  Now if you want to close the face and do more Timo Boll style looping the arc flattens a bit but the speed is cranked up a lot.  It has a very grippy topsheet.  I feel more grip that org. hexer and rakza7.

It is much faster than Hexer but only a little faster than Rakza 7.  using Revspin.net model if R7 is 9.1 speed than Hexer PG should be around 9.2-9.3.  

Going back to spin potential...it's massive.  The one issue I had with Rakza 7 is playing away from the table with counter looping.  It might be bottoming out so that I never could generate enough spin against heavy looping hitters that high speeds.  Margin for error was too low.  With Hexer PG, the spin and control is great and you can just hit through the ball and get that great arc that keeps the ball on the table.  If Rakza 7 is 9.3 spin then I think Hexer PG is at least 9.5.

Again this is not a speed demon rubber, my guess is those used to Mxp or T05 or perhaps Rasanter r47 will feel it is much too slow.  For my taste I'll take this extra spin.  Don't get me wrong...you can close the angle a bit can crush through balls.  I guess I like that you can do both depending on your style or just the situation.

It's a linear rubber that is not too bouncy...very good for short serves and pushing.

Not a rubber made for "FH drives" because its 'begging' to be spun.  But that is an easy adjustment to make.  it's a looper's rubber for sure, but there is lots of "touch" and feel to the rubber.

The only adjustment needed was looping against heavy fast backspin.  I feel i need to generate just a touch more arm speed.  Probably due to it being slightly harder sponge.  My feeling is that I need to engage the rubber more and just let the spin do the work.  it needs more time to play around with height and depth for looping against underspin.

overall, this is a very controllable and easy to use rubber.  Blocking against hard spinnny loops is very easy.  Just a real plush and nice rubber.

I'm going to try out 2.0mm on my BH to see if that is a good fit as well.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 7:11am
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

its not exist in 2.0

Edited by piligrim - 09/27/2018 at 7:11am
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 7:50am
for me the hexer powergrip was a little bit to slow, maybe on a faster blade it can unleash its potential, what i found very good it don't shrinks when i want to reglue it,this is a big big plus, and many would love this :DD
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 9:15am

Played with Hexer PG 2.1mm

What blade did U use with it?
Is it really significantly harder than Hexer? Both have 47.5 sponge (Rakza7 is 45 and I don't like it).

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 09/27/2018 at 9:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

its not exist in 2.0

My bad...only 1.9mm and 2.1mm. Shop closed early last night.  I might pick one up this weekend.

I flipped my blade and just played around with Hexer PG 2.1mm on my backhand for about 30mins.  But really only just for some looping and blocking.  Definitely much more spin with loops.  Punch shots felt off though.

I'll give 1.9mm a try on my backhand.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 10:04pm
Can someone please compare Hexer Powergrip to Gewo Nexxus El Pro 48? Thank you!
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Played with Hexer PG 2.1mm

What blade did U use with it?
Is it really significantly harder than Hexer? Both have 47.5 sponge (Rakza7 is 45 and I don't like it).

I use BBC Nine (custom blade from Charlie in california), 9 ply, hinoki woods and 4 nano carbon layers.  Softer outer woods but not really that stiff. Good control and slow for touch shots and blocking, but looping will has extra speed.  So perhaps with the speed of the carbon blade the Hexer PG doesn't seem too slow. But I definitely would agree that this rubber is not for Speed Queens Demons or for slow blades Big smile

I have not hit Hexer with my blade in a long time.  My coworker here has Hexer (my old rubber..haha) but I haven't had a chance to hit with it.  Obviously it's also on a different type blade than mine.

But to be honest, I'm not a grade "A" equipment junkie so I might not be the best to judge and make these comparisons.  To me, with finger push test, Hexer PG feels firmer when pushing into the topsheet and sponge than Hexer.  Also I feel i can push further down with the Hexer sponge.  But it's not a huge difference.  Hexer PG is certainly not as hard or as fast as Rasant PowerGrip.  In my opinion the feeling of this rubber reminds me of Rasant Grip but with more dwell time...which could account for the increase in spin but also make it not as speedy.

In the past, when I was looking at Hexer and Rakza 7 sponge hardness online I did notice that Hexer was "harder" than Rakza 7 on 'paper'.  But for my feeling,  Rakza 7  feels more firm.  Hexer always felt 'off' for me.  It always felt a bit mushy and too slow and bottomed out even more easily than Rakza 7.  Aside from using a natural rubber for the topsheet I don't really see or feel the "relationship" to the original Hexer.

But this is just personal opinion.  Like you said, you didn't like Rakza 7--> maybe I'm just used to Rakza 7.  It could be blade differences too or the types of strokes...i have no idea.  Different strokes for different folks.

Hopefully some people that have greater knowledge about Hexer might give this new Powergrip a try and compare.  To me this is a faster and much more spinny rubber than Hexer / Rakza 7 and slightly harder.   I think it would be an easy transition for those coming from those 'older' generation rubbers that don't like super fast speed or 50 degree sponge.
jmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2018 at 1:37am
Very good review, ondras.horak and DarkerMyLove!.

Edited by jmaster - 10/06/2018 at 1:38am

FH :Rakza 7
BH : Donic Barracuda
Blade : Avalox P700

guruzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guruzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 5:18pm
Tank you good review i have buy the hexer Powergrip and for my is very good rubber not ti Mamy speed Byt is verter for many top in the table is netterà for one o la 5 point!!
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 4:24am
Anyone is using the new Hexers?

I'd like some reviews, I'm mostly interested in the Hexer Grip for backhand.
Viscaria FL
Omega VII Pro 2.0 Black FH
Omega VII Euro 2.0 Red BH
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 4:54am
If you like medium rubber on the bh is a very good rubber

For me was too soft, a lot of control and spin but not so much power

I'm selling now a new one
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 6:21am
Thanks Carmelo, I use currently Nexxus EL PRO 43 2.1mm on backhand.

I've already ordered a new sheet of Hexer Grip 2.1mm, unfortunately didn't see your post before ordering...hope I don't loose too much power respect the Nexxus
Viscaria FL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 6:23am
I don't think

Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 6:55am
Great, thanks.
I like your setup, I'm fascinated by hybrids rubbers like golden tango.
Viscaria FL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 3:40am
Actually I decide to sell all my Golden Tango PS and play regular h3 neo

Tajny1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajny1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 7:47am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 7:02pm
i glued 2 powergrip 2.1 and it added 102 grams! i thought it was like rasanter in weight but it isn't. playing with was a dream wonderful spin and feel the best i have tried so far but the weight is bothering me . donno if it exists another brand with the same characteristics but lighter.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic