FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Lazy blocking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lazy blocking
    Posted: 10/03/2018 at 9:49pm
Just a tip I learnt recently, when helping others by doing blocks, it is quite important not to get lazy, stand up and block with your hand without moving your feet! This will encourage lazy behavior which will negatively affect your game later on....

Instead, you should be still bending your knees, looking at the ball intently and move to the ball for each shot, just like what you'll have to do for max performance later on.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 10:39pm
Very good suggestion. Most of us do not get nearly enough training time. We have to use every second possible to practice good technique and footwork. I encourage lots of players to consider their warmups as mini practice sessions. Trying to get them to focus on some technical item such as hip turn, or moving feet when jammed, etc rather than just mindlessly hitting back and forth. Blocking for a partner in a drill is another place where you can get extra practice in if you choose to focus on something (especially footwork).

Mark
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 11:26pm
Good points. I've always thought of it as trying to get to the ball with your feet rather than your arms.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 6:35pm
really? niwa koki want to have a word with you. 
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 6:54pm
I like to stand flat footed, one hand on my hip and smoking a cigarette with the other while blocking.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

I like to stand flat footed, one hand on my hip and smoking a cigarette with the other while blocking.

No beer?
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

No beer?

Well, I've never claimed to be an advanced player LOL
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Hahahahahahahahaha, great one!
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2018 at 8:50am
Lol you guys are funny.....
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2018 at 6:55pm
This is gold. A Chinese coach once told me that when you block you should imagine you are drinking a cup of tea in the other hand. Only then will you be relaxed enough to absorb the other players shot and simply direct it back. It was one of the most eureka moments I’ve ever had in tt :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic