FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Booster for Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Booster for Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial
    Posted: 11/12/2018 at 11:11pm
I am playing with Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 39 degree orange sponge on my forehand.  I attached the rubber to my blade without using any boosters other than the tuning layer that this rubber comes with. 

I am thinking about trying a booster so the question is which works best with this particular rubber: 

• Falco
  • Kailin
  • Dianchi
  • Haifu Seamoon (soluble bond)
  • Lidu yellow color
  • Lidu white color

How long does the boost effect last for each of these boosters before you need to reboost.

If you have used more than 1 of the above, how would you rank these relative to each other from 1 to 6 with 1 being the best.

Sponsored Links

timole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2018 at 11:29pm
Falco Tempo Long Booster. About 5 weeks
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 1:14am
What works best is hard to determine, but most of the chinese provincial players use Kailin (the CNT players use the national version of the Haifu oil). I've used Kailin too, and it's great. Dries quickly. And I've honestly never heard of anybody using Falco until I got on this forum lol...

The duration of the boost effect depends on the number of layers you apply, as well as whether you apply the oil before or after applying glue. Applying oil after glue is the correct method, although some people apply oil first. Applying oil first = shorter duration, btw. 

Anyway, I do 3-4 layers on top of the glue, and it lasts 3+ weeks for me usually. But I also only play 2-3x a week. So if you play more, the effect may not last as long.

Edited by MLfan - 11/13/2018 at 1:18am
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 3:35am
I used Falco, Dianchi and Haifu.

For Chinese rubber I liked Dianchi the most. Application method was to put the oil on top of the preglued rubber. The number of layers may be different depending on desired effect. I've never put more than 3 layers. It works well for euro japan rubbers as well (1 or 2 thin layers is enough).
The effect is very strong at first but then diminished over time. So when you want to reboost it is up to you. What I want to say is that just boosted rubber plays different even after a week. But some effect persists for 2-3 weeks I think.

I tried Haifu (it is cheaper in my country), but booster effect was not that strong as with Dianchi and diminished faster. Perfectly suitable for euro japan rubber though...

Falco is a different beast. I've never put it onto Chinese rubber. I've tried it on Tenergy 05, MX-P, Baracuda and that kind. Falco softens rubber the most of the oils I tried. And it contributes more to the spin and the rubber dwell time than to the speed. I used it often on hard euro sponges if I want to soften it a bit. And recover some old rubbers with "dead" sponges with it. There it works perfectly well.
But for some people the rubber might seem mushy after Falco.

Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 5:19am
Falco is best for hard euro sponges rubbers and for tenergy series. But I dont know how good works with Hurricane but probably will be good because Hurricane is great for boosters.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 7:10am
Why do people use Falco though...? Are there any pros out there who use Falco?
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 7:13am
Originally posted by polbotinka polbotinka wrote:

I tried Haifu (it is cheaper in my country), but booster effect was not that strong as with Dianchi and diminished faster. Perfectly suitable for euro japan rubber though...

That's interesting. The Haifu from the CNT is so strong that you can't even use it on Tenergy.
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 7:29am
Falco softens the rubber extremely: 2 layers of falco and my 39 degree H3Neo provincial felt mushy and spinless. I just recommend 1 thin layer to get the break in effect earlier.

So my next booster test will be with Maximizer. I was told that this one doesn't soften the sponge. And it is easy to get it in Europe.

chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 7:44am
I use both Falco and Kailin. Falco for Japanese/European rubbers and Kailin for Chinese rubbers. Tried Falco on H3 rubbers, not satisfied with the results. I usually don't boost new European/Japanese rubbers, especially Tenergy series.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 10:02am
if you don't have any booster yet get the Chinese ones for H3.  If you already have Falco, I think it is ok for orange sponge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

Why do people use Falco though...? Are there any pros out there who use Falco?

I use it because it's cheap , as I told to reanimate some old rubbers or just to experiment with rubber boosting... it's good for that purpose. I could use Haifu or Dianchi for that too but they are significantly expensive here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 10:28am

That's interesting. The Haifu from the CNT is so strong that you can't even use it on Tenergy.

Yes I've read this about Haifu too, that it has great boosting effect.

I used Haifu from CNT, not sure if it can be from anywhere else
At least my local reseller says its original Haifu, I didn't try it to Tenergy, but remember trying it on some blue sponge Hurricane prov. I didn't notice that effect was too strong, may be I should have used more layers, or my oil was some of bad quality.

Dianchi on the other hand was very good, but it costs around 70 euro in my country (for small bottle). Quite expensive to my taste. So I use it only to boost prov/national versions.

Edited by polbotinka - 11/13/2018 at 10:29am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 11:15am
I am only using falco long booster
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 8:10pm
Most good players with technique can use this on a fast blade without boosting and I happen to be one of them. H3 neo provincial blue sponge 40 degrees 2.15mm is fast without booster on most alc, zlc, and many layer thick wood blades
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 9:26pm

Anyway, I do 3-4 layers on top of the glue, and it lasts 3+ weeks for me usually. But I also only play 2-3x a week. So if you play more, the effect may not last as long.
Is the length of booster effect mostly dependent on the number of times you play per week or mostly on elapsed time since it has been applied?  

For example is you apply booster and you play 2 to 3 times per week the booster effect lasts 3 weeks.  If you apply booster and don't play at all for 3 weeks, will the booster effect also last 3 weeks or will it last longer longer, lets say 5 weeks if you start playing on weeks 4 and 5.   
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

Most good players with technique can use this on a fast blade without boosting and I happen to be one of them. H3 neo provincial blue sponge 40 degrees 2.15mm is fast without booster on most alc, zlc, and many layer thick wood blades

I'm using my H3 Neo Provincial orange sponge without any booster (other than whatever stuff DHS puts on this rubber) on an All+ blade and my forehand loop is pretty fast and spinny.  

I haven't tried boosters and want to try their effect.  If its too much of a hassle or I don't see much difference, I can go back to play this rubber as is without any additional treatment.  I think I will start with 1 or 2 thin layers applied on top of WBG (I use Revolution No. 3 normal viscosity to attach my rubbers.)

I haven't tried 40 degree blue sponge version of H3 Neo.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 9:41pm
Most opinions expressed so far are to not use Falco for H3.  Of the Chinese boosters, Kailin seems to have good results for those that have used it.  

I am in the US.  What is a reliable place to purchase Kailin - ttnpp, prottt.vip, any other place? 
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 12:25am
Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

I'm using my H3 Neo Provincial orange sponge without any booster (other than whatever stuff DHS puts on this rubber) on an All+ blade and my forehand loop is pretty fast and spinny.  

I haven't tried boosters and want to try their effect.  If its too much of a hassle or I don't see much difference, I can go back to play this rubber as is without any additional treatment.  I think I will start with 1 or 2 thin layers applied on top of WBG (I use Revolution No. 3 normal viscosity to attach my rubbers.)

I haven't tried 40 degree blue sponge version of H3 Neo.

Exactly I'm not the only one and I heard haifu and dianchi are best or seamoon! I don't like the hassle either
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 4:42am
Falco is great with Hurricane 3. Mine is 39 degrees orange sponge and it feels good with increase in bounciness and of course feel.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 5:31am

I am playing with Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 39 degree orange sponge on my forehand.  I attached the rubber to my blade without using any boosters other than the tuning layer that this rubber comes with. 

I am thinking about trying a booster so the question is which works best with this particular rubber: 

• Falco
  • Kailin
  • Dianchi
  • Lidu yellow color
  • Lidu white color

How long does the boost effect last for each of these boosters before you need to reboost.

If you have used more than 1 of the above, how would you rank these relative to each other from 1 to 6 with 1 being the best.

If you have Neo "provincial" D39, there are several concerns
-It is DEFINITELY not a good rubber for you, cuz you are not Provinicial player! haha. Very dull and slow, too soft or too hard, the 39 doesn't mean it is similar to the other 39s. Let buy 3 the same Neo "prov" 39 and see if they are the same in hardness? In short, it is designed for YOU only, cuz you are rich and generous. In fact, DHS doesn't sponsor for any provincial player, nor specific H3 for them.
-"neo" means it has been turned/boosted. Hence any attempt to re-boost it will cause overload to the rubber. For instance, the topsheet will be glossy and stretched so that you can't brush the counter topspin.
-39 means perfect to play, don't have to soften it anymore.
For booster, I prefer Lidu white and Kailin.

====
For whom to support Falco, let try Nittaku Speed Axel or Stiga Extreme or any kind of similar booster, then you will not say Falco is a booster.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

I am playing with Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 39 degree orange sponge on my forehand.<span style="margin: 0px;">  </span>I attached the rubber to my blade without
using any boosters other than the tuning layer that this rubber comes
with.<span style="margin: 0px;">  </span>

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I am thinking about trying a booster so the question is
which works best with this particular rubber: 

• <div style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Falco
  • <div style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Kailin
  • <div style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Dianchi
  • <div style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Haifu Seamoon (soluble bond)
  • <div style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Lidu yellow color
  • <div style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Lidu white color

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">How long does the boost effect last for each of these
boosters before you need to reboost.

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">If you have used more than 1 of the above, how would you
rank these relative to each other from 1 to 6 with 1 being the best.

-It is DEFINITELY not a good rubber for you, cuz you are not Provinicial player! haha. Very dull and slow, too soft or too hard, the 39 doesn't mean it is similar to the other 39s. Let buy 3 the same Neo "prov" 39 and see if they are the same in hardness? In short, it is designed for YOU only, cuz you are rich and generous. In fact, DHS doesn't sponsor for any provincial player, nor specific H3 for them.
-"neo" means it has been turned/boosted. Hence any attempt to re-boost it will cause overload to the rubber. For instance, the topsheet will be glossy and stretched so that you can't brush the counter topspin.

====
For whom to support Falco, let try Nittaku Speed Axel or Stiga Extreme or any kind of similar booster, then you will not say Falco is a booster.

Its hard to find axel and a reliable store that ship overseas at good price
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Its hard to find axel and a reliable store that ship overseas at good price

Nittaku Axel is selling inside USA. Just need some searching.

Falco is not a booster
Hudoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 12:48am

• Falco
  • Kailin
  • Dianchi
  • Lidu yellow color
  • Lidu white color

====

If you use too much Phoenix when processing the overlays, the effect will also be negative, as with the Neo?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 2:36am
Originally posted by Hudoi Hudoi wrote:

• Falco
  • Kailin
  • Dianchi
  • Lidu yellow color
  • Lidu white color

====

If you use too much Phoenix when processing the overlays, the effect will also be negative, as with the Neo?

Yes, it is correct. Even with Phoenix Reviver, but it takes longer time to damage the topsheet.
Falco is not a booster
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 9:51pm

Yes I've read this about Haifu too, that it has great boosting effect.

I used Haifu from CNT, not sure if it can be from anywhere else
At least my local reseller says its original Haifu, I didn't try it to Tenergy, but remember trying it on some blue sponge Hurricane prov. I didn't notice that effect was too strong, may be I should have used more layers, or my oil was some of bad quality.

Dianchi on the other hand was very good, but it costs around 70 euro in my country (for small bottle). Quite expensive to my taste. So I use it only to boost prov/national versions.

Actually, you're not correct about Haifu. The commercial version of the Haifu oil is called Haifu Seamoon. That's the one that's usually for sale online. Seamoon is just whatever. But the Haifu oil for CNT is extremely powerful. It's basically a distilled version of Seamoon that's very potent. The CNT Haifu oil usually comes in a small bottle (100 mL), with various colors of the oil, including yellow, orange, and black, depending on what boosting effect you like (i.e. black oil makes the sponge "stronger" while yellow makes it easier to hit through).

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 10:16pm

Edited by MLfan - 11/15/2018 at 10:20pm
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 10:19pm

LOL sorry bro but you're rather misinformed. I'm based in China, so I thought I'd share.

1. Provincial rubbers are the rubbers that anybody should use if they're serious about table tennis. Otherwise just play with Tenergy or non-Chinese rubbers. Commercial rubbers are notorious for their lack of quality control; Provincial rubbers are much better in this regard. @OP: definitely get the provincial verison if you want to play with Hurricane. Otherwise just use other rubbers.

2. DHS doesn't sponsor provincial players, but they sponsor provincial teams. Each team member gets free provincial rubbers (around 2-4 rubbers) every month, depending on the province. 

3. "Neo" rubbers are VERY SLIGHTLY boosted, but they play like they're not boosted at all. 99% of provincial players boost their sponges, both boys and girls. Girls usually boost 1-2 layers, while guys usually boost 3-4 layers. Guys boost more because they typically play with harder sponges. Many girls play with 37-38 degree rubbers, and they still boost 1 layer. Hurricane rubbers are MEANT to be boosted guys...if they're not boosted, then don't bother using them. Just go with Euro/Jap rubbers instead. Overboosting can happen, but only if you boost like 6 times in a row lol.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 10:23pm

Is the length of booster effect mostly dependent on the number of times you play per week or mostly on elapsed time since it has been applied?  

For example is you apply booster and you play 2 to 3 times per week the booster effect lasts 3 weeks.  If you apply booster and don't play at all for 3 weeks, will the booster effect also last 3 weeks or will it last longer longer, lets say 5 weeks if you start playing on weeks 4 and 5.   

The length of the booster effect depends on both factors, haha. But you're correct in saying that the effect would last a bit longer if you don't play. I'm not sure how much longer it would last, bc I've never just boosted my rubber and not played with it, but I have noticed that the more I play with it, the shorter its effect. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 11:58pm

Actually, you're not correct about Haifu. The commercial version of the Haifu oil is called Haifu Seamoon. That's the one that's usually for sale online. Seamoon is just whatever. But the Haifu oil for CNT is extremely powerful. It's basically a distilled version of Seamoon that's very potent. The CNT Haifu oil usually comes in a small bottle (100 mL), with various colors of the oil, including yellow, orange, and black, depending on what boosting effect you like (i.e. black oil makes the sponge "stronger" while yellow makes it easier to hit through).
Prott ( https://www.prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=64 ) is selling Kailin 250 ml bottle for $54, Haifu national oil 100 ml for $58 (out of stock), and Haifu Seamoon 100 ml for $16.

First of all are these boosters sold by prott legit or fakes?

Is the Haifu national oil worth waiting for it to get back in stock.  If so, what is the difference between White, Brown, Black, and Yellow?

Given the Haifu Seamoon is so much cheaper, does it provide good enough effect or would you categorize it as "don't even bother."

They also have Dianchi for $45.

So which booster would you recommend for my H3 Neo 39 degree orange sponge?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2018 at 12:20am

LOL sorry bro but you're rather misinformed. I'm based in China, so I thought I'd share.

1. Provincial rubbers are the rubbers that anybody should use if they're serious about table tennis. Otherwise just play with Tenergy or non-Chinese rubbers. Commercial rubbers are notorious for their lack of quality control; Provincial rubbers are much better in this regard. @OP: definitely get the provincial verison if you want to play with Hurricane. Otherwise just use other rubbers.
Waste money for a lower quality rubber. All Provincial H3 is not an actually H3. Explain me why my Original H3 is higher and consistent in quality than all other "provincial" H3 on the world?

Quote 2. DHS doesn't sponsor provincial players, but they sponsor provincial teams. Each team member gets free provincial rubbers (around 2-4 rubbers) every month, depending on the province.
Give me an evidence, cuz I have never heard DHS has sponsored to provincial teams.

Quote 3. "Neo" rubbers are VERY SLIGHTLY boosted, but they play like they're not boosted at all. 99% of provincial players boost their sponges, both boys and girls. Girls usually boost 1-2 layers, while guys usually boost 3-4 layers. Guys boost more because they typically play with harder sponges. Many girls play with 37-38 degree rubbers, and they still boost 1 layer. Hurricane rubbers are MEANT to be boosted guys...if they're not boosted, then don't bother using them. Just go with Euro/Jap rubbers instead. Overboosting can happen, but only if you boost like 6 times in a row lol.

In fact, the topsheet of "neo" version has been stretched significantly in comparison to the original version. In order to reach to that boosting level, I have to apply 4-5 brushes of booster to the original H3.
Hence 1-2 times reboost the neo could bring it to dead.

All over above, you could believe what you have got.

Falco is not a booster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic