Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka ebony carbon with pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka ebony carbon with pips
    Posted: 11/22/2018 at 10:07am
Hi all,

has anyone tried yasaka ebony carbon with short pips? If so, can someone please give me a brief review on their thoughts on the blade with short pips?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 10:51am
better just use 7 ply wood with short pip. Ebony carbon will be very difficult to control.
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:59pm
I have played with short pimple over 10 years on a pretty high level. I have tried a lot of blades, first allwood blades like clipper, mazunov and have also tried carbon blades like timo boll spirit but now play with Timo boll zlc. In my opinion, all blades work well with short pimple. As long as the blade is pretty fast and stiff it will work good for an offensive short pimple play. Of course all wood blades have more feel but i still think it works fine to play pips with carbon blades so i think ebony carbon will work fine.  Please post a video of you playing with the pips, would be interesting to watch. May also be able to help with the technique. Good Luck.
M.Hoang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

I have played with short pimple over 10 years on a pretty high level. I have tried a lot of blades, first allwood blades like clipper, mazunov and have also tried carbon blades like timo boll spirit but now play with Timo boll zlc. In my opinion, all blades work well with short pimple. As long as the blade is pretty fast and stiff it will work good for an offensive short pimple play. Of course all wood blades have more feel but i still think it works fine to play pips with carbon blades so i think ebony carbon will work fine.  Please post a video of you playing with the pips, would be interesting to watch. May also be able to help with the technique. Good Luck.
Do you have any choice blades for close to the table style and good backhand? For example, they are clone of viscaria but cheaper for price. Tks.
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 6:48pm
Im not so good at equipment, but i think you want to have a pretty hard and stiff blade for close to the table play since the ball trajectory is straigth and direct, which suits a play close to the table. Do not know any viscaria clones. Try posting a new thread and ask the same question on tabletennis daily forum. There are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge there. 
M.Hoang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 6:59pm
tks so much =)
M.Hoang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 8:01pm
Viscaria is an example, so what another kinds of blade you think that is good for me by your exp? 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by M.Hoang M.Hoang wrote:

Viscaria is an example, so what another kinds of blade you think that is good for me by your exp? 

Carbonado 190 low arc and unsensitive to spin. Opponent put sink balls into the net when blocking

Edited by mykonos96 - 11/22/2018 at 8:31pm
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 8:37pm
Thanks all for ur opinons! I think for the D40+ ball ERA and if the ball gets bigger carbon blades will be more efficient and popular. I currently use Cornilleau Absolom (discontinued blade) with max victas 103 short pips and I think this is fairly fast already but I am also scared it may be too fast. Would this ruin my passive blocks? Or is it just a matter of getting use to the blade? Also, isnt a Viscaria clone Donic Ovchartov True Carbon? Ive tried that blade and its REALLY close to Viscaria.
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 8:56pm
I am currently playing with ebony carbon and I use SP on the FH. The ebony carbon seemed like an interesting blade to use for SP due to its construction; Ebony-unknown wood-carbon-unknown wood-unknown wood. So much like innerforce the thin carbon layer is under two layers of wood however the top layer is a thin layer of ebony which is really hard(harder then rosewood)
So a few observations...
1. Reagarding the short game, It really feels like an all wood blade on low speed. Despite its construction it has very good control in the short game. There is something about the ebony top ply that makes the blade feel muted however i do not think it has a lot of dwell time. I don’t know if this makes sense but i feel like i can drop it just as short as if i were using my p700 but i cannot generate as much spin.
2. But once you put power behind your stroke and activates the carbon layer it is quite a fast blade with more then enough speed to finish the point
3. Because of 1 and 2, it is not a very linear blade, it has great low gear and awesome high gear but kind of lacks in the middle. It jumps up several gears once you hit into the carbon.
4. I have a lot more trouble blocking passively with SP on this blade (i know you are never suppose to block passively with short pips... but it happens in games). It nets a lot more.
5. This blade is very head heavy, even with 1.8 pips on one side it is still head heavy.

I think if you use pips on the backhand side of the shakehand grip or forehand side of the penhold grip, it would be good since you can always use a bit of wrist to hit into the blade a bit...
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 8:59pm
What is the purpose with the change of blade? In my opinio, if you want to play fast and offensive with short pimple then it can not be too fast. Do your pips have grip or No grip? I mean, can you make spin with it? If it have No grip and you want to have strange blocks and a game with a Lot of change of pace and rythm instead of just offensive then Maybe it can be to fast. But i Do not believe the ebony carbon is si fast so i think it Will be okay.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 8:16am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

I am currently playing with ebony carbon and I use SP on the FH. The ebony carbon seemed like an interesting blade to use for SP due to its construction; Ebony-unknown wood-carbon-unknown wood-unknown wood. So much like innerforce the thin carbon layer is under two layers of wood however the top layer is a thin layer of ebony which is really hard(harder then rosewood)
So a few observations...
1. Reagarding the short game, It really feels like an all wood blade on low speed. Despite its construction it has very good control in the short game. There is something about the ebony top ply that makes the blade feel muted however i do not think it has a lot of dwell time. I don’t know if this makes sense but i feel like i can drop it just as short as if i were using my p700 but i cannot generate as much spin.
2. But once you put power behind your stroke and activates the carbon layer it is quite a fast blade with more then enough speed to finish the point
3. Because of 1 and 2, it is not a very linear blade, it has great low gear and awesome high gear but kind of lacks in the middle. It jumps up several gears once you hit into the carbon.
4. I have a lot more trouble blocking passively with SP on this blade (i know you are never suppose to block passively with short pips... but it happens in games). It nets a lot more.
5. This blade is very head heavy, even with 1.8 pips on one side it is still head heavy.

I think if you use pips on the backhand side of the shakehand grip or forehand side of the penhold grip, it would be good since you can always use a bit of wrist to hit into the blade a bit...

Awesome review! Thanks so much! I didnt know the carbon layers r close to the core like innerforce... thats very interesting. What was the weight of ur bat?
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

What is the purpose with the change of blade? In my opinio, if you want to play fast and offensive with short pimple then it can not be too fast. Do your pips have grip or No grip? I mean, can you make spin with it? If it have No grip and you want to have strange blocks and a game with a Lot of change of pace and rythm instead of just offensive then Maybe it can be to fast. But i Do not believe the ebony carbon is si fast so i think it Will be okay.

My pips dont have much grip. I suppose i want to change blades because the EJ within me wants to try other blades ahahah! But i got a feeling I will go back to my original blade since ive used it for 9 months now
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 9:27am
There's one called
Galaxya ebony carbon or something like that.
It's like galaxya carbon with ebony outer.
Harimoto used the galaxya carbon for some time.
I couldn't find the carbon layer when looking at it.

There's also joola greenline extrem, 7 ply ebony.

bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

There's one called

I heard that Galaxya carbon blade isnt very popular due to its immense speed cos of the carbon layers close to the top ply. However, If i scream as loud as Harimoto maybe I can play like him xD
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 9:59am
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

There's one called

I heard that Galaxya carbon blade isnt very popular due to its immense speed cos of the carbon layers close to the top ply. However, If i scream as loud as Harimoto maybe I can play like him xD

Probably not that fast.
From the side it looked like a thinner clipper.
Couldn't see no carbon.

Persson power carbon for example has really thin carbon, almost like all wood.

As for harimoto, there seems to be a lot of hate for him LOL
Personally I would condemn other attitudes from other players more, but we all have different perspectives.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 10:37am

There's one called

Harimoto played with that blade at 12
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 10:41am

So a few observations...

What pips are you using with ebony?
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

So a few observations...

Rakza po
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

So a few observations...

Rakza po

Why do you like rakza po?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2018 at 12:31pm

There's one called

Probably not that fast.
From the side it looked like a thinner clipper.
Couldn't see no carbon.

Persson power carbon for example has really thin carbon, almost like all wood.

As for harimoto, there seems to be a lot of hate for him LOL
Personally I would condemn other attitudes from other players more, but we all have different perspectives.

this is the one I had in mind
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/yasaka-galaxya-carbon-special
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2018 at 7:59pm
is the difference between the galaxya carbon special and the ebony carbon the placement of the carbon plys? Ebony Carbon is closer to core while Galaxya is close to the top ply?
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2018 at 1:28am
Thanks JonnyChop for the review.  I'm considering trying out the Ebony Carbon too.  What is the thickness?

So a few observations...

ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 6:18pm
How is looping with it? Feel like a brixk?
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 7:36pm
WHen I tried, felt like a brick yes haha
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2023 at 11:33am

WHen I tried, felt like a brick yes haha
No flex? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic