FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Calderano signs with Xiom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2019 at 5:34pm
so what is calderano really using?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/45865275185/
Sponsored Links

serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2019 at 6:15pm
loooks like xiom's mild red topsheet
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

so what is calderano really using?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/45865275185/

The blade handle still looks like the Foco.  Red sheet looks like black sponge.  Black sheet - hard to say, not a great pic for sponge colour.  There's a bit on the black sheet's sponge that looks white, but I think that's just bad lighting.

Xiom posted a pic on their facebook page which suggests he's using Omega 7 Pro and Omega 7 Tour.  But at this stage anything is possible.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2019 at 6:47pm
Here's a pic from mixed doubles, Qualifying day 2, where you can see that both sponges are black:

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2019 at 6:52pm
looks like he also changed the blade.
here's his old blade

https://pingsunday.com/what-is-hugo-calderanos-equipment/
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 1:35am
1st round:
Calderano FH Thumbs UpSmile
Calderano BH Thumbs DownUnhappy

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 2:58am

here's his old blade

The handle still looks like the grey with white stripe of the Foco to me?

I expect Xiom will be working on a blade for him at the moment.
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 5:19am
I am not sure but I think Calderano use OSP Palatinus Ultimate with Foco handle last year.
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

I am not sure but I think Calderano use OSP Palatinus Ultimate with Foco handle last year.

Nope, he used custom Foco.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 7:07am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

here's his old blade

in this pic the thick dark center layer is gone.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/18/2019 at 7:07am
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 7:12am

here's his old blade

in this pic the thick dark center layer is gone.

The dark red center ply might be gone, but instead Bruna appeared. A very decent substitution Wink
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

1st round:
Calderano FH Thumbs UpSmile
Calderano BH Thumbs DownUnhappy

What's wrong with his BH? Looked same as always to me.
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 8:35am
LOL Calderano vs FZD BH with 100% power and no mistakes.
      Calderano 1st round match BH - after so many mistakes he starts to use 70% power and still makes the errors but less then before.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2019 at 3:54pm
is it possible that calderano is using the real calderano foco off+ now?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/32915161118
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 8:50am
When I found out that Hugo is moving, I rushed to buy me a second FOCO Off+. To my grieve disappointment all the shops I knew have sold it out, or it was withdrawn . Luckily I found a German shop called tischtennis.biz( impeccable communication and service) who had in stock the requested weight. Love this blade. For quite some time I haven't been impressed by a wooden blade.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 12:05pm
His blade clearly has the dark, thin centre play against Chuqin. Still his old blade as far as I can see. That pic from the doubles now seems a bit odd...
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 12:56pm
His forehand drive was very poor with his new Xiom Tour runbbers. His opponent easily counter hit it. Topsheet is to soft.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by jobaumi jobaumi wrote:

His forehand drive was very poor with his new Xiom Tour runbbers. His opponent easily counter hit it. Topsheet is to soft.

I think it's very difficult to watch any professional play and pin an element of their performance on their equipment.  There are so many other possible factors at play (dip in form, had a cold, opponent did particularly well).  Plus, the level the pros play at is so different to amateurs that what we assume based on our own limited experience may be far different to the reality.  So it's possible, but I'm not so sure myself.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 3:28pm

His blade clearly has the dark, thin centre play against Chuqin. Still his old blade as far as I can see. That pic from the doubles now seems a bit odd...

dark center ply is back!
the other one is maybe for when he's playing for fun.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/39837943603/

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/19/2019 at 3:56pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 5:13pm
Xiom said they did not rush or forced Hugo to change to a Xiom blade.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 5:32pm
it seems to me his loops have higher arc then it was before
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by jobaumi jobaumi wrote:

I think it's very difficult to watch any professional play and pin an element of their performance on their equipment.  There are so many other possible factors at play (dip in form, had a cold, opponent did particularly well).  Plus, the level the pros play at is so different to amateurs that what we assume based on our own limited experience may be far different to the reality.  So it's possible, but I'm not so sure myself.

Hi,

In the first video available match I watched of his after switching to XIOM, I made the same comment as jobaum has made; his offensive standard of shot was lower than with Cornilleau.  Yes, just a personal impression on my part, however I've used his Cornilleau racket - blade and rubbers (unboosted) - prior to switching to Tenergy (05R on backhand and 05Hard on forehand) (on the Cornilleau Off+ and Off-) and there was a definite drop in power in the racket.  This I am sure of.  That experience caused me to wonder about Calderano's switch to XIOM and what this might mean to him.

Those Cornilleau Target rubbers are first class in performance.  I can certainly understand how they contributed to Calderano's success, for they deliver in the hands of the skilled.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

When I found out that Hugo is moving, I rushed to buy me a second FOCO Off+. To my grieve disappointment all the shops I knew have sold it out, or it was withdrawn . Luckily I found a German shop called tischtennis.biz( impeccable communication and service) who had in stock the requested weight. Love this blade. For quite some time I haven't been impressed by a wooden blade.

Sadly, they do not ship to the USA.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 7:40pm
I think the calderano foco shares same composition as the andro csv series.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Sadly, they do not ship to the USA.

Thanks,

I have one for sale if you want
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 7:47pm
On the other hand the Belgian https://shop-ping.be/en/ wrote to me that there were plenty of blades produced and they could order for me if I like. I didn't ask them cause meanwhile had already found the German shop which had what I wanted, even cheaper.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 1:44am
Both Calderano and Gauzy used the Cornilleau Absolum in 2017. Handles may have changed, but I'm guessing Calderano is still using that blade.
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 8:46am

I think the calderano foco shares same composition as the andro csv series.

The outer ply of the Andro CS V Off+ I think is limba, while the one of the Foco Off + is fineline (which is a mystery for me which wood is).
Besides that,  I don´t own a Foco Off +, but it seems to be thicker than the Andro blade  

Edit: I don't know why the message doesn't show the forum member quoted. It's pingpunpeng. Edit II: upps, now it appears.

Edited by Makelele - 01/24/2019 at 12:19pm
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 9:12am

Kolev, how would you compare it to the Clipper Wood (if you have tried the normal one, not CR and not WRB handle). I know the composition of woods are different as well as the number of plies, but as both being thick blades, I guess they may share some properties, although Foco Off+ should be faster.
Particularly, I would like to know how they compare in stiffness, backhand blocking and forehand topsin.  
Thanks a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic