Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

whaT iS sPeed Glue ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
schlager_replic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schlager_replic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whaT iS sPeed Glue ?
    Posted: 11/08/2006 at 10:13pm
Iam Sorry If i made a mistake wRong place to make a question, in my country indonesia, we used to glue our racket with local glue with mixed solvent with rubber, the other is national glue that many pros use that..but i still cant get what glue that is speed glue? is there bty fairchack n long chack is speed glue? or maybe i got wrong point? anybody could help? thankxxx
Sponsored Links

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2006 at 5:07am
The substance known as "speed glue" is made up of various volatile organic solvents that bring a cavitation-esque effect to the rubber that it was applied to. That effect lasts anywhere from 3 hours-1 week depending on the type of solvent and concentration.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2006 at 11:50am

yes fair chack and super long chack is speed glue

blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2006 at 10:11pm
 cavitation is a way difrent phenomena, lol best joke i ve heard in months
cavitation is the reason submarines propellers get worn
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2006 at 5:13am
Its the best way to explain it, seeing as the complete effect really isn't known.
From what I know the solvents fill the sponge cell walls and the resulting increase in pressure from contacting the ball turns the gas into liquid and back into gas again once the pressure is gone (resulting in lots of force). It explains how the rubber lasts a drastically shorter amount of time with regular speedgluing.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schlager_replic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2006 at 7:38am
so..the conclusion...with a banned of speed glue..what kind of glue we have to use than?...if that fairchack n long chack is speed glue..are we have too nail the rubber too the blade ? LOl....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2006 at 10:02am
clean chack is not speed glue
right hander

nothing without labour
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2006 at 3:26pm
what types of speed glue are banned? i know they are just banning some of the solvents... would anyone know if stiga energy is being banned?
D4VOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4VOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2006 at 4:00pm
Yes it will. Almost all the Speed glues on the market will be banned. There are only a couple of water based glues currently available that will be fine but their not very good at the moment.
Blade:Stiga Offensive Classic (FL-Master)
FH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
BH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2006 at 4:19pm

do they really check for solvents? i mean if you glued before the new rule was issued, and your rubber has solvents in it already, does that really mean that you have to buy a completely new rubber just to make sure there is no solvents?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2006 at 10:16pm
i think you have to...
right hander

nothing without labour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schlager_replic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2006 at 11:03pm
i really cant get the purpose of this rules, marketing purpose maybe...so the sell product that called "speed glue" on the market will slightly down....and will replace with new style of glue called clean chack?... table tennis in politics?...LOL
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2006 at 4:59am
No, its because the organic solvents are potential carcinogens. Imagine breathing in paint fumes regularly, its similar to what the pros do with speedglue.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2006 at 10:11am
no... clean chack is just a harmless glue to just stick your rubber onto ur bat if i'm not wrong. they are now making water-based glue which are harmless to our body
right hander

nothing without labour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schlager_replic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 8:12am
Oic..thanks for all.. post n reply..nice...:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic