Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar K Variants : feedback on versions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar K Variants : feedback on versions?
    Posted: 03/17/2019 at 1:15pm
Using K1 Hybrid : Euro
Now that I've found a forehand rubber that I like, the manufacturer has made versions of it. I believe I have the first variant. I'm tempted to side-grade to an alternate version, because although I am hitting more winners and taking points by speed and placement, the rubber is not as forgiving as I'd like when I get moved out of position. 

Such is equipment in the game of Table Tennis.

It's a bit "wiry" and not stable like hard Chinese rubber. however, this dynamic produces great spin and good speed in a wide variety of strokes compared to unboosted Chinese rubber.

After a few hours playing with it, I think it plays like a less stable and more dynamic Stiga Genesis M.

It's not a hard sponge, and it's not as linear as Genesis. Frankly, I liked Genesis M, but didn't like how fast the initial factory tune wore out. The rubber fell off sharply after just 2-3 months. Others have reported great longevity from the original Genesis, but I think they were sponsored.

Tibhar Hybrid K1 Plus

Hybrid K1 PLUS is a rubber made in Germany developed for the advanced standards chinese table tennis art.

The goal of research was the consistent further development of the HYBRID K1 rubber and to create an innovative and thrilling product!The excellent feedback of HYBRID K1 in the market has lead us to create the next version of HYBRID K1-the HYBRID K1 PLUS!In the HYBRID rubber we have managed to combine the elasticity and tension which means high catapult effect and stickiness to create tremendous spin.The -in comparison to the K1-harder sponge allows to hit the ball with high strength,The large-pored sponge keeps the ball trajectory high and stable and is responsible to create faster balls without losing the control over it,The elasticity and tension of the rubber surface on one hand and the stickiness of the surface combined with the leading technology of TIBHAR sponge is the secret of this rubber.HYBRID K1 PLUS can easily obtain more stable flight curves in both offensive and defensive play.The ball arc is tricky,longer and not foreseeable for your opponent.Especially developed for the 40+ balls.

Tibhar Hybrid K2

- HYBRID K2 - the new generation of Chinese "Hybrid rubbers - made in Germany - issued from the development of the K1 and K1 Plus pimple rubbers. This harder "blend", in connection with the hard, small-pored sponge, offers a good control at high rotation and speed: An absolute quality feature for serve and return games.

- At the same time, Hybrid K2 is perfectly adapted to counter the adversary's strokes. The sticky, Chinese construction of the rubber makes it possible to control, with the sufficient amount of power, undercut topspin strokes and to push them forwards. This new rubber opens a wide range of tactical possibilities to the courageous player!

If anyone chose either versions as their main forehand rubber, please share your experiences!

Thanks to VVK1 for the links to K1 Pro reviews!

Edited by icontek - 03/18/2019 at 8:29pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2019 at 2:15pm
Tibhar Hybrid K1J rubber made in Germany.

Edited by Ray - 03/17/2019 at 2:21pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

It's a bit "wiry" and not stable like hard chinese rubber.
That's exactly how K1 Euro felt to me. Tried it last week on a blade with Hurricane 8. I was interested in trying hard tacky rubber versus my usual T05. Loved the H8 which had a rock solid feel that made it seem like I couldn't miss the table. In comparison the K1 felt unstable, not just compared to the H8 but also T05. On forehand with K1 I tended to overestimate the amount of topspin I was generating and sent a lot of balls long. It got better as I played but never felt secure. Only played a few hours with this set up, but my quick take away was that if I decide to give hard tacky rubber a shot then I'd probably go all the way to Hurricane rather than half way to a hybrid. On the other hand the extra bounce of the hybrid sponge versus the H8 did make things physically less demanding, so I'm curious if any of the other K variants have a more stable Hurricane-like feel than the K1 Euro.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2019 at 2:30am
Try the K2. I have read reviews on it being the most balanced of the lot due to the lack of large pore sponge.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2019 at 7:46am
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Enter into Google Chrome: site:mytabletennis.net "tibhar hybrid" or site:mytabletennis.net "tibhar k1"

thank you for the trick and info; i'd given up on searching the forum internally when the google function failed!

Did you buy a 2nd sheet of Hybrid K1 Pro for your forehand or did you switch to something else? 

It's funny that in your review or comments, you mention STN - because I LOVE STN but only on flexible 5 ply Limba blades or Anigre outerplies (Yasaka Gatien Extra). STN is fast and controllable but frankly plays awful on my OSP Ultimate II because that rubbers fast 2nd gear and the blades own 2nd gear don't mesh well...
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2019 at 5:04am
No, I still have that same sheet of HK1P. As to STN, it was my FH rubber for a long while before trying HK1P. 
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 6:39am
Tibhar K series are the best hybrid rubbers I've tried so far. They've managed to take all Chinese style rubber benefits and minimize the drawbacks.

I have tried K1 Euro and K1 Pro sheets yet. However I have purchased K2 as well, decided not to try K1 Plus.

K1 Euro looks more like euro style rubber on the hybrid scale.
Pros:
   - more than average spin,
   - good dwell time, good serve
   - good close to table game,
   - not sensitive to the incoming spin,
   - very lively large porous sponge (much more bouncy than any Chinese without a booster).
The sponge being somewhat hard doesn't have this 'dead' Chinese feeling.

Cons:
   - smash hits are harder to execute, just looping and looping,
   - the 3rd ball attack is not as deadly as I wanted to be, the speed could be better. It's not as deadly as traditional Chinese rubber.

As for K1 Pro all pros are slightly amplified as it is a bit closer to true Chinese rubber than K1 Euro.

K1 Pro is stickier, harder and gives more spin & speed. Smashes are still harder to execute than with any of traditional euro rubber. The 3rd ball attack is better but still doesn't match to the best Chinese rubbers. But this mostly depends on your expectations I think.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 7:44am
polbotinka

did you try Golden Tango? Can you compare?
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 9:05am
Unfortunately I didn't
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 1:52pm
anyone tried K1 Plus version???

on sale at tt11 right now
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

anyone tried K1 Plus version???

on sale at tt11 right now

on prott even cheaper
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

polbotinka

did you try Golden Tango? Can you compare?

I've tried both - they are very similar indeed. Here is what I wrote at the time on a different forum: 

"Compared to Joola Golden Tango PS, the Tibhar seemed slightly more flexible when handling the rubber before glueing. They both measured exactly the same hardness at 50° Shore O. The Joola would probably be slightly lighter at the same thickness, with 72g for a max compared to 71g for a 2.0mm K1 European version, although there didn't seem to be visually much difference between the thickness of the two. They are extremely similar in how they play, especially after a bit of use."

Edited by Sedis - 09/14/2019 at 5:05pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 5:17pm
thank you Sedis
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 1:21am
I found the Tibhar to be a little faster, the Joola a little spinnier, although both are great for spin.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 7:11pm
there is also rubber called K1J
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2019 at 8:21pm
Since posting this, I also spent some time with Golden Tango. Golden Tango felt more Classic Chinese Tacky, and had bigger speed and spin at high impact. 

I'm still using that 8 month old sheet of K1 Euro, but I did reboost it to size after transferring it between a couple blades. It now has a longer trajectory. Topsheet still looks good even after 40-60 hours more into it.

Edited by icontek - 11/05/2019 at 8:28pm
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 11:14am
I've used Joola Golden Tango PS and Tibhar K2, as well as my buddy JohnyChop member.

Both are very similar. Both are not great in smashing and blocking. Great for looping.
My strength usually is blocking. I often get asked for higher level players to block for them. I have to switch to my bh rubber to block on FH side when I am blocking for them.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

I've used Joola Golden Tango PS and Tibhar K2, as well as my buddy JohnyChop member.

Both are very similar. Both are not great in smashing and blocking. Great for looping.
My strength usually is blocking. I often get asked for higher level players to block for them. I have to switch to my bh rubber to block on FH side when I am blocking for them.

What is the problem you have in blocking?  I am using K2 now (Tenergy 25 before) and not noticed a significant problem.  Of course I most often attribute any problems to my technique instead of equipment so there may be something that I did not interpret correctly.

Mark
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 12:02am
I guess spin sensitivity..
With my Acuda S2, I can be sure that 90% of my blocks will land on their table. K2 or GT PS, I have to be precise, no mistake. No "lazy" block.
They are not as forgiving. Awesome of looping though..
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 5:37am
K2 (just like any other tacky rubber) is really not designed for blocking ... so if that is a major issue, consider something else.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 6:54am
using K1. no problem with blocking
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

K2 (just like any other tacky rubber) is really not designed for blocking ... so if that is a major issue, consider something else.
I am well aware of that. I've always used chinese rubbers on fh/or hybrid but I didn't have to adjust as much when blocking compared to these.
FYI: I am using a very sticky Venus 2 on FH currently, blocking countering my 2000+ partners' loops last night with ease..
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 1:27pm
so which one plays closest to a boosted h3 neo?
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic