Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gewo Nexxus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gewo Nexxus
    Posted: 08/02/2019 at 11:18am
Which Gewo would you select for an FH rubber on a Innerforce ZLC?

I've been playing with RWV with M2/Rozena these years, but I feel that M2 feels quite mushy/slowl and it lacks a bit of power on ZLC, which is indeed softer feeling than RW. 

I've thought where to upgrade to the well-known MXP or maybe try something newer, but as fast and more controllable with thinner topsheet.

I fe
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Sponsored Links

cftt-blades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cftt-blades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 12:24pm
Nexxus EL Pro 48 or XT Pro 48 would both feel good I think.  I use Nexxus EL Pro 48 on several of my blades, both with Inner carbon layers or carbon closer to the top ply.  XT Pro 48 would be slightly more direct with a lower throw compared to the EL Pro 48.

I personally prefer the EL Pro 48.  There are also the newer "hard" version that have been released recently including the EL Pro 50 Hard, EL Pro 53 Hard and XT Pro 50 Hard.  I haven't tried any of these three yet, but they are just slightly harder sponges with the same top sheet as far as I can tell.
Chris
---
Custom Blade made by me
Donic Bluestorm Z1
Donic Bluestorm Z2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 4:17pm
Can you compare to Thibar MXP in terms of spin/speed and durability?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 5:05pm
The El 48 has a long arc, it may be a bit too fast with your zlc. And the hard series nexxus might be a big change coming from m2 and rozena which are med-soft hardness. I'd suggest trying a fastarc g-1 on your FH and a genius on your bh, that would be a decent step up in hardness without a drop in control compared to mx-p or any of the new gen thin topsheet rubbers. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 5:28pm
I would recommend the Nexxus EL Pro 48 and maybe the 50 Hard. I have a Nexxus Pro 53 EL Hard and it behaves quite well on a 5 ply purewood blade.  The main difference to MXP Hard that I have is that it is a notch slower but the arch of loops is higher.

I also have an XT 48. It is slower compared to MXP but your loops are spinnier. However, at higher speeds it loses consistency which the EL series retain.

If you boost the Nexus EL Pro 53 it becomes very soft. I have tried TRF on it, it lasted about two weeks and the control became very good.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

The El 48 has a long arc, it may be a bit too fast with your zlc. And the hard series nexxus might be a big change coming from m2 and rozena which are med-soft hardness. I'd suggest trying a fastarc g-1 on your FH and a genius on your bh, that would be a decent step up in hardness without a drop in control compared to mx-p or any of the new gen thin topsheet rubbers. 

RWV is much faster than Innerforce ZLC and harder to control. Any hard rubber with RW was really difficult to control, specially in the short game. I've been playing RW since the introduction of PB, but I want to change to sometimes easier to control in the short game with similar power.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I would recommend the Nexxus EL Pro 48 and maybe the 50 Hard. I have a Nexxus Pro 53 EL Hard and it behaves quite well on a 5 ply purewood blade.  The main difference to MXP Hard that I have is that it is a notch slower but the arch of loops is higher.

I also have an XT 48. It is slower compared to MXP but your loops are spinnier. However, at higher speeds it loses consistency which the EL series retain.

If you boost the Nexus EL Pro 53 it becomes very soft. I have tried TRF on it, it lasted about two weeks and the control became very good.
I discard the use of booster. It's a hassle. I'm an experienced 3rd/4th national League player but I don't think I really need it. All I need is to have the same power as I used to have with M2 on my RW5. Rozena it's OK in the BH but 44-45° old gen tensors such as M2 or EL-P feel  a bit slow on ZLC with is OFF- at most. 

I was thing also whether to EL-Pro 48 or 50 but I fear to be really different from MXP which I've been playing many years in the past on its regular version.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I've been playing with RWV with M2/Rozena these years, but I feel that M2 feels quite mushy/slowl and it lacks a bit of power on ZLC, which is indeed softer feeling than RW. 

I've thought where to upgrade to the well-known MXP or maybe try something newer, but as fast and more controllable with thinner topsheet.

I fe

I have EL Pro 50 Hard on FH and EL Pro 48 on BH of a similar blade (MJ-ZLC).

Re: which Nexxus would work on FH, it depends on what hardness you prefer. 

I have reviewed EL Pro 50 Hard somewhere on this forum, I think. It is different from EL Pro 48 (different topsheet and the sponge only comes in 2.1 as opposed to EL Pro 48 which can be selected with a thicker sponge).

While EL Pro 48 is fantastic for serves & has very good bite / grip even on the ABS ball, I don't like one attribute of it: if you hit harder (power loops), the throw 'collapses'. This does not happen with the EL Pro 50 and so I prefer it on FH. YMMV.

Re: other attributes: I feel that I can get more power and spin while looping with EL Pro 50 Hard on FH as opposed to the EL Pro 48. However, that is probably because, prior to this rubber, I played with H3 Neo and T05 Hard.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I fe

I have EL Pro 50 Hard on FH and EL Pro 48 on BH of a similar blade (MJ-ZLC).

Re: which Nexxus would work on FH, it depends on what hardness you prefer. 

I have reviewed EL Pro 50 Hard somewhere on this forum, I think. It is different from EL Pro 48 (different topsheet and the sponge only comes in 2.1 as opposed to EL Pro 48 which can be selected with a thicker sponge).

While EL Pro 48 is fantastic for serves & has very good bite / grip even on the ABS ball, I don't like one attribute of it: if you hit harder (power loops), the throw 'collapses' & the arc becomes straighter. This does not happen with the EL Pro 50 and so I prefer it on FH. YMMV.

Re: other attributes: I feel that I can get more power and spin while looping with EL Pro 50 Hard on FH as opposed to the EL Pro 48. However, that is probably because, prior to this rubber, I played with H3 Neo and T05 Hard.

However, the EL Pro 48 is no slouch - I know quite a few players who use it on FH and love it.

Edited by slevin - 08/02/2019 at 8:44pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2019 at 2:15am
@OP  I guess I dint read your post right, so you'd be using the rosewood 5 as your main ply right? In that case nexxus El pro 50 should feel better Imo, I really like the nexxus hard series on 5ply allwood blades, especially on one's with a harder outer. The El pro would work too, but it would feel a bit weird when you hit harder. Also, coming from a rozena, I still think you should try one of the older gen rubbers like the genius, hexer etc on your bh, if you want a bit more control you can even try aurus 

Also, @ slevin, the nexxus hard series are available in max thickness on contra (official gewo distributor i suppose), only 2.1 is available at tt11 for some odd reason. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2019 at 4:31am
nope, i want to switch to Innerforce
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2019 at 12:08pm
Firstly, I need to apologise, for some reason i just automatically assumed you own a timo boll zlc, I did not read the word 'innerforce' i your post. So kindly ignore my first post here. 

I've tried an innerforce zlc with El pro 48 both sides. It was a pretty fun to use spinny setup overall. It was really good for loop-driving a few steps off the table, while closer to the table it felt a bit tougher to control, but I'm sure that was just a matter of getting used to. I liked the El pro +innerforce zlc combo for the FH and bh wing, was quite easy to use on both sides. It felt quite light too since the nexxus El rubbers are quite light for the hardness rating. If you have any queries in specific I can check with my friend again and confirm. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2019 at 12:29pm
if you say RWV is faster than your inner force then  definitely XT 48 FH EL 48 BH is good. I use that combo on a RWV and it barely fast enough 

Edited by tom - 08/03/2019 at 12:29pm
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2019 at 1:06pm
As a Rosewood blade user myself since 2015 (Glory and Goiabao) I felt Innerfoce ZLC too soft and mushy, so I recommend you to get Nexxus 50 FH and 48 BH.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2019 at 3:22am
Thanks you all for your help. 

I don't want to lose the identity of my game, but I feel  with IF ZLC with the rubbers I used on RWV is at least two steps slower than my RWV and need to hit much harder make more efford to get the same power as before.

OTOH I'm fine with Rozena on the BH, it gives me everything I need: controlled loops,medium speed and great control at a cheap price. The main problem is the lack of power on my FH compared to my RW setup.

If you state that Nexxus 48 EL might be slower than MXP or same as M2/E LP   II think could go for 50° but I fear to be really hard& difficult to control since I've never played with 50° ESN degrees, just 47-48°at most.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2019 at 4:08am
Nexxus el pro 48 isn't exactly slower than mx-p, it even has a slightly longer arc, so the ball would be landing more deeper on the table. However, the main problem for some is that it does not 'feel' as hard as other 48 deg rubbers( this same thing applies to most of the new thin topsheet rubbers), I found it plenty fast and powerful on the if zlc that I tried and I did not really have any issue hitting or looping harder on this setup. 

However, the suggestion for a El 50 on your FH isn't bad as the topsheet of the new nexxus 'hard' rubbers are a bit different i.e its matt as opposed to the translucent color of the reg nexxus rubbers and it even feels a tiny bit harder. I personally prefer these new 'hard' rubbers on the FH wing, especially on softer plies. However, this would definitely feel quite a bit harder than your m2, if you can make the adjustment then the El 50 hard would be a better pick or if you want a slightly softer and dwellier feel then go with the El 48 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 2:34am
Well, i´ll let you know my impressions after my first session of use. As i was i doubt, i finally bought both El P48 and 50. Yestesday i was playing with 48 and i think i´m not even to open 50º because of the hardness.   As you stated, It feels a bit softer than 48º but just only a bit. In fact,  it´s clearly firmer than anything i´ve been using previosly with is around 44-45º .  

Once i  stuck it to the blade i felt a bit confused: Maybe i was too used to Evo series these past years, but this one feels quite different. The firsts hits it were weird; I realized it  hasn´t got that booster smell as EVO and i didn´t feel that spring power compared to Bluefires of Evo, but my balls weren´t slow either. 
I felt that these thicker sponges need to break in for a while to reach its potential and became stable, like some sort of chinese rubbers;  they´re not just stick&play as classic ESN rubbers. At first the sound was crisp and somehow metallic, quite different from M2/Rozena. 

After some minutes of use i realized this rubber is a big move from what i´ve been using before. The arc is much longer than my previous racket and the loops are more powerful. My topspins also had a really low arc compared to the other rubbers i´ve been using before; sometimes  reminded me to typical chinese rubbers when the ball nearly skids on the table.   The short game it was great indeed for the first day and i would dare to say it´s even better than ESN of same hardness range. The topsheet feels hard and easy to predict but honestly  I felt this ELPRO48 was a bit too hard with too much power for my RW-V considering my level or perhaps i´m too much used to my setup and i tend to refuse any changes.  I also struggled a lot with blocks that tend to go much longer but slower and felt totally confused with them. 

Then, i stick the same rubbers on ZLC and i felt it was a bit better, the ball were still landing at the end of the table, but i felt i could manage myself to have more balance and  control on my shots.  
IMO, these thick sponges are really fast, there´s no need to use this superthick sponges; 2.1mm might have been enough for any amateur player. it´s the first time I would select anything thinner than MAX thickness which is almost crazy. When you loop well and you fully engage the sponge it´s almost IMPOSIBLE to block because of the lighting speed; the opponent hasn´t  barely time to react, and i remark that  i´m using 48º. I can´t imagine how could be with harder 50º or even 53º versions: ridiculous fast.  These are the consequences of the introduction of the unnecesary PB, super fast rubbers with brick sponges to blast the ball.

This makes TT even more boring becauses it shortens the possibility of longer rallies. These newer sponges are  weapos of massive destruction,  conceived for really advanced players that go for an all-out-offensive game with high proyection.  For the rest of the amateurs, any 45º or 46º it´s more than enough, so i finally keep using same RW-V with M2/RZN or Innerforce ZLC with EL48/RZN, but by no means anything harder than 48º

Edited by jonyer1980 - 08/14/2019 at 2:46am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic