FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane 3 Advice please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 3 Advice please
    Posted: 09/08/2019 at 9:42pm
About 2 weeks ago, I started playing with commercial Hurricane 3 Neo. Initially, I scraped off the factory glue layer and boosted it with 2 thin layers of Reviver Phoenix. I pasted it on an XVT Hinoki ALC blade, which was terrible and the setup felt hard as a rock. Actually, I don't like that blade with any rubbers. So, it wasn't a big surprise that I didn't like that setup. 

So, I took off the rubber, added two more layers of Reviver Phoenix, waited for the dome to relax slightly, and glued it on my Stiga Clipper Wood. Here, it plays pretty nice. After playing with that setup for about 10 or 12 sessions, I can see a lot of the benefits of this type of rubber. Pushes are loaded. I can attack a lot of balls near the net that I couldn't attack with Tenergy. Loops near the table are loaded with spin and have decent power. The control is outstanding. Without the tensor effect, its just super easy for me to understand how this rubber is going to behave when I hit against all kinds of spin. 

However, there are some drawbacks which I think might be improved by upgrading to a better version of Hurricane 3 and getting a slightly softer sponge or possibly by changing it to a different blade. I think the commercial Hurricane 3 Neo I got is 2.15 thickness and 40 degrees hardness. Even though its boosted, its pretty terrible at passive blocking. Which sometimes is required when opponents make strong attacks which put me out of position. It's also super terrible at driving and flat hitting. Additionally, at mid distance and beyond, it lacking power. I expected these drawbacks, but not to this extreme. 

So, I'm thinking of some solutions:

A: Changing blades (Currently on Clipper Wood)
I have a few other blades laying around that I could try. Those blades include Clipper CR, Timo Boll Spirit, Xiom Zetro Quad, and two Sittho (Siam Ping Pong) custom blades. One is Hinoki-ALC-Hinoki-ALC-Hinoki the other is Hinoki-T5000-Hionki-T5000-Hinoki. 

B. Boosting it more. I've boosted it twice, but with only two thin layers each time. I don't think this would be the best option. 

C. Trying another variation of Hurricane 3 or Hurricane 3 Neo. The main ones I'm considering are Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo, Hurricane 3 Provincial 39 degrees orange sponge, Hurricane 3 Provincial 39 degrees blue sponge. 

D. A combination of the above options. 

The most affordable of the rubbers is the NITTAKU Hurricane 3 Neo. TT11 has it on sale for 28 bucks and the store down the street here in Saigon has it for 33. H3 Provincial orange sponge is only 7 to 10 bucks more than that, but the blue sponge is around 55 bucks. Is it worth it? 

Any advice you guys could give me would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by ericd937 - 09/08/2019 at 9:45pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Sponsored Links

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2019 at 10:20pm
Get a H3 prov 39 degree orange sponge and call it a day. Never used reviver Phoenix but 3 layers of FTL works fine. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Get a H3 prov 39 degree orange sponge and call it a day. Never used reviver Phoenix but 3 layers of FTL works fine. 

Hmmm I just contacted the local shops here in Saigon, they don't have that. I'd have to order it. They have Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo Orange sponge (I'm not sure about the hardness). Commercial Hurricane 3 orange sponge at 38 or 40 Hardness. And, DHS Hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge 39 degrees hardness, but its way overpriced at about 75 bucks. They other two are reasonable prices. I don't really know much about the Nittaku variant. 

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 1:33am
Alright! I found a DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial Orange Sponge in 39 degrees locally. They are shipping it to my house today. 

In the meantime, I'm going to try the Commercial Hurricane 3 Neo on the Sittho Hinoki-ALC-Hinoki-ALC-Hinoki blade. 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 8:35am
Carbon blade and hard rubbers are not the best combination, regardless of blade model. Try all wood blade (but expect setup to be slow, like OFF-) 

If you are exploring H3 commercial options and still want it on carbon blade then go for H3 commercial old version - 2.15 H38. It plays well on carbon. Boosting is matter of taste. After 10 sessions it will soften more and will become a spin robot :)

Edited by fmarek - 09/09/2019 at 8:36am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 8:56am
Hi Eric
Don't pay extra more $ on the prov, NT or blue sponge.
PM me your postal address. I will send you some H3.
Play them, and compare them over all the H3 you have played.
If they are similar to that sheet, then they are free, you can throw them to the bin and throw my words to the window.
If they are surprised good.  You can keep them as a gift.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
yuri.saldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuri.saldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 9:52am
I do not know how phoenix reviver feels, but i boost with haifu seamoon and it is pretty good. It does not feel too hard and has plenty of speed and spin.

Do not get blue sponged because it's a lot harder than the orange sponge.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Alright! I found a DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial Orange Sponge in 39 degrees locally. They are shipping it to my house today. 

In the meantime, I'm going to try the Commercial Hurricane 3 Neo on the Sittho Hinoki-ALC-Hinoki-ALC-Hinoki blade. 

You can find all types of H3 rubbers on prott. I'd stay away from commercial because of inconsistencies. I wouldn't go as far as national versions but provincial orange can be purchased at a very reasonable cost and offers more certainty on the rubber quality. 

In my experience, Chinese rubbers don't really go with hinoki. If you are still developing, Acoustic is one of the best blades to play H3 with. Once you've developed a good technique, you can move to the likes of Viscaria, or inner carbon blades like HL5 that offer a bit more dwell time. I have to say though, Acoustic is an amazing blade to play with hard tacky Chinese rubbers. There's a reason ML used to play with Acoustic. 
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 1:43pm
Eric! dont waste money on those crappy overpriced rubbers! get some training and you’ll play much better regardless equipments. Trust me!
On a different note, I have tried all the H3 versions. the blue sponge takes booster quicker but they usually get bubbles if you overboost - also they have slightly different characteristics (a little faster and softer than orange). i prefer orange sponge since they give lower throw and most importantly cheaper and more durable. im still using the orange since we played in Hoa Lu and still going strong - i boosted with 2 layers of P500/Chop-ever Reviver. 
Get training from My Trang if you can - shes a very experienced coach. 
(hope your arm/ wrist getting better)

Edited by Leftstudio - 09/09/2019 at 1:51pm
No signature required
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 3:47pm
I say if you are going to boost use commercial stuff. It may be inconsistent sometimes but only in terms of top sheet tackiness which wears off slightly within 2 weeks anyway. After that they play about the same.

I’ve tried prov h3 neo orange and quality seems better but not worth if you are going to boost. Same goes for other prov versions.

I prefer 39 hardness but now they don’t label the commercial stuff. They just put mid, mid-hard, and hard. I think 39 is mid-hard or something like that. You can try mid version if the one you got was too hard.

I only boosted with FTL, which makes the sponge softer abit. I heard the more expensive stuff doesn’t soften up the sponge as FTL does, so you can try that.

Oh, and right now I’m trying unboosted comm h3 neo on a 5 ply all wood (hadraw vk) and it’s too slow but boosted might be nice. I’m also going to try it on a 7 ply clipper clone (force pro black ed), a lot of people prefer boosted/unboosted h3s on 7ply blades like clipper.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/09/2019 at 3:50pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 6:55pm
You are not gonna like what I have to say.

Ive been playing for more than a decade now. I have tried almost every type of Hurricane 3 that's out there. Yes, including the Nittakku H3 Turbo Blue Sponge, which is actually pretty good!

I tried the commercial versions first (orange sponge) and I was so disappointed i had written H3 off my list (yes, they felt like bricks, both original and Neo versions). Then a friend, who had been a pro, sold me a National Version of H3. The difference is like night and day.

Do you have to boost? Answer is NO. As it has been said before, after about 5 weeks of use, the sponge will soften up. Others claim you HAVE to boost it. No you don't. I don't boost mine. I USED to but since a couple of sheets developed bubbles, I decided I did not need to boost. And what do you know, I don't miss it. Right now I'm testing this Nittaku version of Hurricane 3. The sponge is a little harder than the DHS version. Im hoping it will soften up as I use it. Maybe a layer of oil might do the trick, but I can wait a little longer and see. So far it feels very similar to the DHS version. And it is not as expensive.

My main setup is not boosted. And it works quite well like that.

FdT

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Leftstudio Leftstudio wrote:

Eric! dont waste money on those crappy overpriced rubbers! get some training and you’ll play much better regardless equipments. Trust me!
On a different note, I have tried all the H3 versions. the blue sponge takes booster quicker but they usually get bubbles if you overboost - also they have slightly different characteristics (a little faster and softer than orange). i prefer orange sponge since they give lower throw and most importantly cheaper and more durable. im still using the orange since we played in Hoa Lu and still going strong - i boosted with 2 layers of P500/Chop-ever Reviver. 
Get training from My Trang if you can - shes a very experienced coach. 
(hope your arm/ wrist getting better)

My wrist is doing much better now. I started playing again about a few weeks ago. I also just started a new job, so I'll have funds for coaching again. I'm trying to work that out now. You were using commercial H3, is that right? I seem to remember when you borrowed the other guys H3 (I think it was national) that the balls I was receiving were much higher quality. 

Also, I got the Hurricane 3 provincial #20 orange sponge yesterday. It wasn't that expensive, on sale for 850k(vnd). Its obvious that topsheet is much higher quality than the commercial H3 Neo topsheet. The commercial H3 Neo had flaws on the surface of the topsheet right out of the package. Terrible quality actually. The new Provincial H3 #20 Orange sponge looks flawless and just higher quality in general. Out of the package, 39 degree Provincial feels a lot softer just by pushing on it, so I just boosted it with one medium layer of Reviver Phoenix. I will attach it today on my Clipper and give it a go. 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 2:53am
The classic non neo H3 is better when you are heavy on boosting. It is also softer overall. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 9:50am
So, I slapped the Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 orange sponge on my Clipper. It has just one medium thickness layer of Reviver Pheonix Booster. I only played the first session this evening, so keep that in mind. These are just my initial feelings.  It's significantly faster than the boosted Commercial Neo that I had on there before. The throw seems much much longer. Warming up felt great and took less energy, but during match play I was hitting a lot of stuff high and long. Especially when looping backspin. It didn't feel bad, I just need to get used to it. That being said, my results weren't bad. I won about half of my matches. My other initial impressing is that it requires a more precise touch than the boosted H3 Neo, with that one i could just power loop and everything I hit hard with a proper stroke would land. However, the new one blocks better and you can get away with being out of position sometimes, but yeah it surely feels like this is going to require a bit more precision.  
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 8:39pm
"Mystery of difference and variation boost curiosity hence increasing consuming" (wtf is that academic slang..) 

however a pro player only need consistency (means all the same) and simplicity

The real good H3 is when you couldn't tell difference between per sheet
Falco is not a booster
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 8:51pm
So, I played again yesterday with the H3 Provincial. I couldn't do anything. I just couldn't get my stroke in the groove and it felt like my racket had no feeling. It's going to take me some time to get used to this. Luckily, I'm starting with a new coach tomorrow who plays with H3. So, hopefully I'll be able to get my game back on track. Over the last 6 months, I just keep playing worse and worse. In fact, yesterday I lost two matches in a row to two different players who'd never beat me in the past. :( 

Oh, also I forgot to mention in the initial post. I do also have a Xiom Zetro Quad laying around with the other blades. Clipper Wood, Clipper CR, Timo Boll Spirit, Zetro Quad. Which one is most suitable for H3? I've been using the Clipper so far. I also tried it on that custom Hinoki/ALC blade, but it wasn't suitable. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 8:59pm
First lesson with the new coach yesterday. It's going to be a long road changing to H3. I have a lot of flaws in my technique that aren't so apparent when playing with Japanese rubber. My footwork and transitions are absolutely terrible. I can get away with that stuff when playing Tenergy, Tensors, or even short pimples, but its not going to work with H3. My current forehand has very little wrist motion and most of my power comes from my elbow, hips, and some weight transfer. The old technique doesn't make enough power with H3. The new coach is trying to teach me to use more wrist, more body rotation, and a bigger weight transfer. It all feels so foreign.  It's all very discouraging so far,  but in the long run it should be hugely beneficial to my game if I can actually figure out. About 6 months ago, I was playing around the 2000 level with Japanese technology rubber on both sides. I had some injuries, hadn't trained with a coach in awhile, and my game was already falling down, but now switching to H3, I feel like a 1500-1600 level player. So terrible and pretty discouraging so far, but I'm still going to try and stick with it. 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 10:34pm
Good luck and wish you to be patient walking that hard path. Basically this post proves well that there is lots of wisdom in advice, I read somewhere in the Internet (and decided to follow), suggesting that in early stages when we are just learning basics it is good idea to grab decent ALL, ALL+ flexible all wood blade paired with hard Chinese rubber (H3 is perfect example). Have that setup for year or so (I personally could not stick to it for the whole year). It meant to help in developing good basics, feel for brushing. H3 and similar rubbers - at the striking moment you have to be in a good position relative to the ball. Aha, easy to say.

When I changed from Chinese hard rubbers to Xiom Omega Asia 5 (which is hardest in the range) I felt like, "what the hell", this is soft as a towel :)) It was so easy to play. Instead of getting myself into position, I now could just over stretch and still could get my point! Is it good or bad? 

My coach showed me the point in relation to my body where I should make a contact with the ball and told me to stop thinking about ball position on its arc, regardless if it is raising ball or falling or ball at it's peak. The task for me was to move to the ball so that it is in that magical spot when racket hits it.

It was hardest for me to follow teaching during training sessions with H3 rubber. I had to put something softer (Xiom). Now, Xiom rubber worn out, I improved and can handle STN (it is softer than H3) but training still ongoing since May, every week, once per week and I am not there yet to use H3 as consistently as I could do with Xiom (and now with STN).

Foot work is so much important in TT ... but it is 2x more important if you have H3!

Edited by fmarek - 09/14/2019 at 11:28pm
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 1:15am
"walking the hard path" is exactly right. I haven't won a match in 2 weeks. I can't get my stroke in a groove, sometimes not even during warm ups. Occasionally, I can get it together for a game or two. I absolutely suck at looping backspin during matches with H3. Rushing, poor footwork, etc... You name it, I suck at it.  I'm going to give it 1 month of training. If I don't start playing at least a little better, I may just quit playing for 3 or 4 months. Honestly, I'm getting super discouraged and tired of playing terribly. Any advice or words of encouragement would be great. 
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 1:23am
Wait for my H3 and you will see the reason why
Falco is not a booster
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 1:26am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Your H3 is better than the boosted H3 Neo Commercial or the boosted H3 Provincial #20 Orange Sponge? 

Whats the difference? 
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 2:19am

Your H3 is better than the boosted H3 Neo Commercial or the boosted H3 Provincial #20 Orange Sponge? 

Whats the difference? 

You couldn't compare an orange to an apple as different H3s are not come from the same factory.

Falco is not a booster
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 8:25am

Whats the difference? 

You couldn't compare an orange to an apple as different H3s are not come from the same factory.

Well, how about elaborating on your H3 sourcing and tuning knowledge.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 10:27am

"walking the hard path" is exactly right. I haven't won a match in 2 weeks. I can't get my stroke in a groove, sometimes not even during warm ups. Occasionally, I can get it together for a game or two. I absolutely suck at looping backspin during matches with H3. Rushing, poor footwork, etc... You name it, I suck at it.  I'm going to give it 1 month of training. If I don't start playing at least a little better, I may just quit playing for 3 or 4 months. Honestly, I'm getting super discouraged and tired of playing terribly. Any advice or words of encouragement would be great. 
just my 2 cents.  It might take a lot longer than 1 month to adapt to h3 but if you want to play that style you are going to have patience and hardwork.  Something that helps me getting into the groove for FH when I am not immediately feeling it is to use the BH rubber (37 degrees) for a couple of minutes before changing back.  Looping against backspin should be a breeze once you are onto the H3.  Best wishes to you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 2:42pm
converting to H3 is a tough decision - i switched and it took nearly 6 months (i play almost 2-3 hours everyday) to fully understand the characteristics of that shitty rubber. it is very demanding to use (footwork, power generation, use of arm and hip and leg, boosting). i wonder how long can you commit to it - there is a reason not many people can play with H3 with success. looping underspin is really easy if you "hit and brush" the ball at its peak - try multiball as much as you can. the strength of the rubber is hit through the spin because of its tacky topsheet (basically the stroke is 70% hit and 30% spin or loop-drive like some people call it).

keep it up if you think it is the right path for you - otherwise you can always switch to different rubbers - it is a hobby after all isnt it? let's face it - 99.99% people here are not going to the olympics so take it easy and enjoy the game.  
No signature required
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 9:11pm

converting to H3 is a tough decision - i switched and it took nearly 6 months (i play almost 2-3 hours everyday) to fully understand the characteristics of that shitty rubber. it is very demanding to use (footwork, power generation, use of arm and hip and leg, boosting). i wonder how long can you commit to it - there is a reason not many people can play with H3 with success. looping underspin is really easy if you "hit and brush" the ball at its peak - try multiball as much as you can. the strength of the rubber is hit through the spin because of its tacky topsheet (basically the stroke is 70% hit and 30% spin or loop-drive like some people call it).

keep it up if you think it is the right path for you - otherwise you can always switch to different rubbers - it is a hobby after all isnt it? let's face it - 99.99% people here are not going to the olympics so take it easy and enjoy the game.  

So, are you still playing with H3? 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 10:53pm
[/QUOTE]just my 2 cents.  It might take a lot longer than 1 month to adapt to h3 but if you want to play that style you are going to have patience and hardwork.  Something that helps me getting into the groove for FH when I am not immediately feeling it is to use the BH rubber (37 degrees) for a couple of minutes before changing back.  Looping against backspin should be a breeze once you are onto the H3.  Best wishes to you![/QUOTE]

I obviously don't expect to master H3 in one month, but I'm hoping to at least see some improvement.  I'm having a hard time even warming up. Partially because I can't find the feeling and get my stroke in a grove. And, partially because the balls have a flatter trajectory and dip lower soo the opponents are having a harder time returning my balls. So, even when I return quality balls during warm up, my warm up partners aren't returning them very well. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 11:59pm
"And, partially because the balls have a flatter trajectory and dip lower soo the opponents are having a harder time returning my balls. "

Hehe, I should ask my partners if the H3 bothers them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 1:57am

Yes. Once you understand how the rubber works best then it's hard to switch back to other rubbers. It has many gears: slow, fast, spinny, no spin, dead spin. Not to mention cheap as hell, too. I got it from my friend in Shanghai - it was around $5/sheet and they last forever. The best way to use it for me is to play the spin game with placement and also I can put the ball away if the ball is long enough. 
Playing H3 requires a specific training because of its unique characteristics. It's not easy, but once you get the hang of it then table tennis, all of a sudden, becomes so much fun to play!
Also, speaking of table tennis, I wouldn't recommend switching equipment and playing style too often. You just gotta be consistent with what works for you. What ever works for you. What rubber makes the shot. What technique makes it easy for you, harder for your opponent. What serve makes it hard to return. What tactic wins the point. 

No signature required
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 6:55am

Yes. Once you understand how the rubber works best then it's hard to switch back to other rubbers. It has many gears: slow, fast, spinny, no spin, dead spin. Not to mention cheap as hell, too. I got it from my friend in Shanghai - it was around $5/sheet and they last forever. The best way to use it for me is to play the spin game with placement and also I can put the ball away if the ball is long enough. 
Playing H3 requires a specific training because of its unique characteristics. It's not easy, but once you get the hang of it then table tennis, all of a sudden, becomes so much fun to play!
Also, speaking of table tennis, I wouldn't recommend switching equipment and playing style too often. You just gotta be consistent with what works for you. What ever works for you. What rubber makes the shot. What technique makes it easy for you, harder for your opponent. What serve makes it hard to return. What tactic wins the point. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe so.
And that cheap one is much more better than the "blue sponge national version" which is selling on very high demand on the market!
Yeap, seller and consumer don't like it.
Falco is not a booster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic