FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 1:07am
Do you remember tommyzai challenging NEXY to build the fastest blade in the world? They came up with an ALC blade that presented a 1600hz frequency. Nexy big man Mr Moon wrote "I built the fastest blade that makes sense." LOLOL. Tommyzai was so disappointed.

It seems to me that the Marianne design could be just that: the fastest blade in the world that still makes sense. 

The German guy's blade and mine just do not make any lol but it's so much fun to play them. I'll add that they make us smarter and improve our skills because it takes a lot of touch and intelligence to keep the ball on the table Big smile.
Sponsored Links

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 4:40pm
I understand Nexy's approach, the "fastest blade possible" is too vague, some constraints are needed, but 1600Hz is indeed disappointing. I never tried to make the fastest blade possible, under a given thickness and weight for example, perhaps when I have a bit of free time. 
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2022 at 5:45am
Similar construction to a Liu Shiwen, but with Spectra instead of Zlf. It's a medium fast offensive blade with a soft feeling, great control and a loud sound.

Available FS.

- Limba /Ayous / Spectra / Ayous / Spectra / Ayous / Limba
- 84.0g
- 5.7mm
- 158x152mm
- FL (100x24.5-22.5mm)
- 1205Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2022 at 3:28am
The goal for this one was to achieve a relatively slow blade but with a solid feeling and a good sweetspot, so we opted for a thin 7 ply with a harder medial ply. The handle is made with Wenge wood.

- Limba / Mahogany / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Mahogany / Limba
- 85g
- 5.7mm
- 1120Hz
- Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2022 at 3:49am
- Limba / S-AxC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / S-AxC / Limba
- 84.1g
- 5.7mm
- 1528Hz
- Balance: 3.1cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2022 at 3:59am
This blade celebrates nothing. It does not have a special meaning as a souvenir and it doesn't inherit any special will. It's just a blade...

By combining the not so rare cedar grip ( that I literally bought at Aldi ), with the common Cypress outer ply, and ALC fiber that everyone knows, I created a light but fast blade, so that you don't tire yourself much.

Available FS.

- Cypress / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Cypress
- 76.3g
- 6.25mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (101x25-23mm)
- 1485Hz
- Balance: 3.4cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2022 at 3:48am
Just a happy family chilling on the couch, the father, mother, son, and the cousin with the weird hair cut 🙂

This line of blades is a proof that head size affects stiffness, and how we can judge stiffness by looking at the frequency reading. All blades share the same composition, but with a increasing head size, there's a decrease in the frequency reading and stiffness.

- Limba / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Limba
- Freq.: 1227, 1291, 1380 and 1421Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2022 at 3:24am
You send me your design and I make it happen!

- Limba / Mahogany / Balsa / Ayous / Ayous
- 7.7mm
- 72.8g
- 1485Hz
- Balance: 2.4cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2022 at 6:23pm
- Mansonia / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Mansonia
- 84.9g
- 5.7mm
- 1100Hz
- Balance: 2.0cm (very low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2022 at 3:34am
This is "Laziness" little brother, same layers but inner fiber instead of outer. It's heavier, but it also has a much lower center of gravity, which really helps with maneuverability. It will make you work more for it, it's more spin and control focused rather than speed, but it still has a nice kick on those higher gears.

Available FS.

- Cypress / Ayous / ALC / Kiri / ALC / Ayous / Cypress
- 87.1g
- 6.2mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (101x24.5-22.5mm)
- 1380Hz
- 2.6cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 4:04am
Jean Paul Montanus (NED), using a custom SDC blade, at the side of Kelly Van Zon (NED), became world champion in Mixed Doubles Class XD14 at the Andalucia 2022 World Para Table Tennis Championships!

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2022 at 10:43pm
No news about the lost blade? I am so sorry you had to go through this, did you have to reimburse totally or partially? 

As a member of the SDC club (can I say that?) and as an early Christmas present I would like to contribute $10 and invite SDC blades owners to do the same or whatever they can, via Paypal. I do this to underline how lucky we are that you invest the best time of your life -relative youth and craftsmanship talent- to build table tennis blades with the success we know. Take it as a token of my admiration and respect. HANG IN THERE!!! Tongue

I am about 100% sure you do not want your PayPal email address disclosed publicly here so those wanting to donate will PM you and ask for it.

I wish you a fantastic 2023 with maybe big surprises to come like special arrangements with a big brand or a contract with several national teams, whatever supports you so you don't ever get bored, You will always invent new ways to do your thing with your heart out.

CHEERS!!!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2022 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

No news about the lost blade? I am so sorry you had to go through this, did you have to reimburse totally or partially? 

As a member of the SDC club (can I say that?) and as an early Christmas present I would like to contribute $10 and invite SDC blades owners to do the same or whatever they can, via Paypal. I do this to underline how lucky we are that you invest the best time of your life -relative youth and craftsmanship talent- to build table tennis blades with the success we know. Take it as a token of my admiration and respect. HANG IN THERE!!! Tongue

I am about 100% sure you do not want your PayPal email address disclosed publicly here so those wanting to donate will PM you and ask for it.

I wish you a fantastic 2023 with maybe big surprises to come like special arrangements with a big brand or a contract with several national teams, whatever supports you so you don't ever get bored, You will always invent new ways to do your thing with your heart out.

CHEERS!!!

Thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot. However, the best way to help, if you really like my work, is by spreading the word (which you already do!), so there is no need for donations. 

The situation is on stand by. It's really not about the money, I would refund him without a problem (as I did in the past) if I wasn't almost certain this was a scam attempt. Both times he asked for a refund, not a substitution blade, that's another suspicious thing to add to the list. The funds were sent using Paypal gift, so I have no legal obligation to refund him, but without concrete proof I still feel a moral obligation to do it, so I'm still on the fence.

Anyway, that's just a pebble in my shoe right now, I have so much more important stuff to think of. I've been laying low recently because I don't have time for everything, I just want to control the demand for a bit while I get my affairs sorted, and hopefully there will be some surprises in 2023 🙂.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 4:50am
good luck and  godspeed

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 4:58am
I think I got that from the movie "Pandorum". 

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 2:07pm

good luck and  godspeed

Thanks!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2022 at 4:36am
A typical outer ALC construction with a crisp feeling. The wings are sanded for a right handed player.

Available FS.

- Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto
- 83g
- 5.8mm
- 160x150mm
- CPen (82x23mm)
- 1442Hz
- Balance: 3.6cm

havaja View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2022 at 2:04am
The SDC handmade blade looks very elegant and useful. Probably Yasakas is not bad at all. Compared to SDC. With maple wood, I tried to make handmade smooth and light, but I couldn't. I just finished my first Hinoki blade after being away for a while. It's a 5-ply Hinoki. It has a 2mm core, 1.2mm middle ply, and 0.6mm top ply. It certainly looks playable, though it isn't a flawless finish. The handle is made out of Walnut, Mahogany with 1.5mm Obeche and weighs 94g. But at the end of the day, I don't satisfy my mind. Then I owned a Yasaka to read here https://pingpongacademy.org/table-tennis-blades/. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this until a few days from now, but I've taken some pictures in different lighting.
jil
Bo_Bo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo_Bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2022 at 11:49pm
I was just wondering if there are any reviews on any blades made?

Thanks.

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2022 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Bo_Bo Bo_Bo wrote:

I was just wondering if there are any reviews on any blades made?

Thanks.

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2022 at 3:56am
An asymmetrical blade aiming for a soft but springy FH side, with the combination of thick Hinoki and inner ALC, and a crisp but slower BH ,with a Koto outer ply and soft-carbon underneath. The handle is made from natural Portuguese cork.

Available FS.

- Hinoki / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / Limba / Soft-Carbon / Koto
- 85.3g
- 6.2mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (25-23x34x101mm)
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 3.6cm (Med)

Bo_Bo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo_Bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2022 at 7:30pm
Thanks.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2022 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

That outer hinoki ply is so yummy, it makes me want to stop veganism and go back to the cheese.

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2022 at 4:06am

Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

That outer hinoki ply is so yummy, it makes me want to stop veganism and go back to the cheese.

Sometimes when I get hungry during work I make myself a grilled Hinoki sandwich. 
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2022 at 3:52am
This blade is based on the Donic Defplay, no not the two modern versions, the really old one with the white lens. The owner of the original blade wanted something a little faster and with more stability, so we decided to add a soft-carbon layer next to the core. He loved it so much that he ordered another one, at that time I decided to build a third one to put here. Here's what he had to say:

"The blade is very well suited for a modern defensive playstyle. Its slightly increased head size gives enough stability for blocks as well as far from the table chopping, without hindering aggressive offensive strokes on the forehand. It has a soft touch allowing for high spin production with a distinctive sound and consistency due to the soft carbon. I had great success utilizing long pimples with and without sponge on the backhand and hard offensive rubbers on the forehand with this blade. The blade is very nicely balanced and has a fantastic feedback."

Available FS.

- Basswood / Mahogany / Soft-Carbon / Ayous / Soft-Carbon / Mahogany / Basswood
- 90.6g
- 5.85mm
- 159x153mm
- FL (102x25-23mm)
- 1270Hz
- Balance: 3.3cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2022 at 11:43am
Khaya, or African Mahogany, is a nice solution for someone who wants something between Limba and Koto in terms of feeling. It's just not very popular on commercial blades because the amount of natural pores, makes it a difficult wood to work with. This blade offers a precise touch and decent speed, with a moderate weight and balance.

Available FS

- Khaya / Ayous / AC-I / Kiri / AC-I / Ayous / Khaya
- 85.2g
- 6.15mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (101x25-23mm)
- 1290Hz
- Balance: 2.9cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2022 at 3:46am
This is a solid and relatively stiff 5 ply all wood blade. However, it is built mostly for spin rather than speed, due to the thick and soft outer plies.

Available FS.

- Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous
- 96.6g
- 6.9mm
- 158x152mm
- ST (101x28.5x23mm)
- 1290Hz
- Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2022 at 5:06am
A 5 ply all wood blade based on a Acoustic. The handle is just slightly flared, not wide, but thick and with a squarish profile so it feels chunky in the hand. Almost a mix between a ST and FL handle.

Avilable FS.

- Limba / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Limba
- 83.4g
- 5.9mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (100x25-24mm)
- 1270Hz
- 2.1cm (Very Low)

Catenaccio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2022 at 2:19am
Very beautiful handle!

I have a question regarding the frequency of this blade. My Acoustic and my SDC Acoustic clone are around 1,200 Hz. Is 1,270h Hz (a) within normal variation, (b) due to a thicker core, or (c) due to another reason? Thanks!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Catenaccio Catenaccio wrote:

Very beautiful handle!

I have a question regarding the frequency of this blade. My Acoustic and my SDC Acoustic clone are around 1,200 Hz. Is 1,270h Hz (a) within normal variation, (b) due to a thicker core, or (c) due to another reason? Thanks!

Thanks!

There are several factors that affect the frequency reading, but simple put, this reading it's just an indication of the stiffness of the blade. The variable that most affects stiffness is the total thickness of the blade, and this one is 5.9mm while yours is 5.6mm. The core has the same thickness, but we reduced the medial plies because Sycamore is harder than Limba.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>
  Share Topic