Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody cut their rubber like this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody cut their rubber like this?
    Posted: 10/10/2019 at 12:59am
Hi, just wondering if anybody cuts the rubber like me . And wondering if there is any down side to doing this.

I push the rubber about 2-3mm from the top edge of the handle of my zhang jike alc  and then i glue it there and cut . It helps alot with the balance of the blade for me . I like it cause i dont like head heavy paddles and it make the blade balance perfect for me. 

Is there any down side to doing this ? and I was wondering if anybody else does this ? 

I use tenegy 05 on both sides btw

Edited by keven702 - 10/10/2019 at 1:01am
Sponsored Links

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2019 at 1:50am
They say a picture is worth thousand words. Why don't you post a pic...?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2019 at 4:19am
I'm probably not understanding. However, from the way you've described it, the completed bat will have a 2-3mm space between the handle and rubber, right? Won't this exacerbate the head heavy handling?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2019 at 5:49am
i wish i can post a photo but the pic is too large to  post (mb)
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2019 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I'm probably not understanding. However, from the way you've described it, the completed bat will have a 2-3mm space between the handle and rubber, right? Won't this exacerbate the head heavy handling?

I thought it would be too but , i guess the rubber i remove is enough to counter act it?  I weigh the rubbers before and after and it about 2 grams taken off both combined , doesnt seem like much but it made big diffrence for me in the balance of the paddle . It was pretty head heavy before but after removing the 2 gram and the little adjustment ,  it felt completely diffrent paddle , total balance and control. The blade was faster and spinny-er when it was head heavy but i like the feeling when your hand and blade feel like one 

Any theories?

Edited by keven702 - 10/10/2019 at 6:03am
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2019 at 6:12am
I first found out to do this because i just got the zhang jike alc and my friend took of his tenergy from his paddle and put it on mine and it was slightly too small to fit on my blade ,but it felt perfect! So i decided to keep the blade , i got the 2 new t05 and put it on normal , and pefect balance i had ,became another head heavy blade... So i decided to imitate  the same set up i had with my friend tenergys , and perfection again!

Edited by keven702 - 10/10/2019 at 6:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic