FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A tacky rubber w/ built-in glue effect?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A tacky rubber w/ built-in glue effect?
    Posted: 11/25/2006 at 3:54pm
Does anybody know of a tacky rubber that comes with a built in speed glue effect?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
Sponsored Links

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2006 at 7:02pm
That's like asking for a hot mail order bride that cooks, cleans, gives massages, and doesn't complain about any of it.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2006 at 7:10pm
in that case I highly suggest someone make a rubber that fits those descriptions.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2006 at 10:30am
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

That's like asking for a hot mail order bride that cooks, cleans, gives massages, and doesn't complain about any of it.

lol!
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2006 at 6:14pm

Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

I thought they did that and more thats why they get them.

Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2006 at 6:22pm
That's what they want you to think.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2006 at 4:50am
Get a tensor and pour spinmax on it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2006 at 8:14am
spinmax doesn't give it more spin. It just brings it back to its original tackiness. Thats what i've been told and thats what the description says aswell.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2006 at 5:34pm

I use Hurricane, and I think the best way to get around it is to use a much faster blade. Let's say you use a Schlager carbon. You will have no problem generating the same amount of speed. I personally think that the glue ban won't be that bad for non world class players because you can always upgrade the speed of the blade.

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2006 at 7:06pm
What would really be great is if somebody just sold a sponge that had speed glue effect built in. Then you could add whatever you wanted to it.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2006 at 7:30pm
No. Hurricane without speed glue on a Schlager Carbon is simply unplayable because you won't get enough spin. You could loop backspin of course, but good counterlooping would be impossible. For that you'd need a soft elastic old Stiga and lots of muscles

I don't think that TT will change that much because of the speed ban.
Many players without strong physical assets and very clean technique will go down terribly because they can't make up for the loss of speed glue. But the majority of players will stay at the same level - especially the world class players.
However, I suppose that China will be even more dominant after 2008 because they have a very physical game already and the speed glue ban won't harm Chen Qi, Wang Liqin or Ma Long as much as Boll, Samsonov or Maze.
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2006 at 7:32pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 8:27am
I'm getting in some sponges that are like the saviga sponges.  They're supposed to be nano tensor sponge.  I got a couple of samples last order adn they were even curled up without glue in them.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 9:33am

Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

Get a tensor and pour spinmax on it.

That's the way to do it.

A guy at my club has old Bryce, very old, so he use spinmax on it. It's like a dream rubber!!!!!!

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..
Jpholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 9:07pm

I also wish to have such tacky rubber with a built-in speed-glue effect. I've been using Tackifire-C for over a year (and I love it although it's kinda slow) and recently tried Andro Plasma 430 max. What I got is only the speed and sound with much less spin. My serves become dull

joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 9:29pm
Nimbus is tacky and has built-in speed glue effect.  I used it in a Sitga Titanium blade and it was very good.
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by joey5867 joey5867 wrote:

Nimbus is tacky and has built-in speed glue effect.

Re he he heeeeally!?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

Re he he heeeeally!?
......... what?
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2006 at 11:31pm

Re he he heeeeally!?
......... what?

Translation: Maybe I need to try Nimbus out.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2006 at 4:46am

Just got Joola Energy green power. Extremely happy with it.

I was using Bryce FX Powersponge and Sriver L Powersponge.

Joola Energy has the speed of Bryce with more spin than Sriver L and even made my blocks more consistent for some reason.

Last night I managed to beat a player that was always beating me 3-0 just because I could get all my shots on the table with Energy, something I found more difficult to do with the Powersponge rubbers.

ttalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2006 at 3:42pm

hmmmm...........there is a spinmax for gluers which tacks the top sheet but does not reduce speed ;like regualr.

I suppose that JUIC spin spiel would be a very good choice. although it doesnt hav speedglue effect it still has the speed.

Tibaher chila light blade
Joola tango 2.0 on backhand
BTY Bryce 2,1 forehand
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 10:20am

Jade

"Glue it once and forget it!"

Finally a super-spin tacky ultra lightweight rubber with a true speed glue sound and feel without Speed Glue.
Glue it once and forget it!!! Speed : 100 Spin : 110 Control: 95
Available with 1.8, 2.1 and Max sponge thickness

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 10:48am
I bet jade is good too. I'd like to try it sometime. It's made by palio I know but I know palio can make some dang good stuff when they set their mind to it. And I also know Michael demands nothing but the finest quality from whoever makes his stuff or he won't touch it.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 11:16am

I like H3 for its hard sponge and tacky surface. Unfortunately I am fed up of glueing and thus drop H3. Now using Hammond X. Quite good but still not tacky as H3 and thus generation of spin is not as much esp serving.

So if someone can recommend something that replace H3 with tacky surface, that will be nice. Thought Skyline is for that but never tried before. Any advice.

FYI. I am using Joola Energy Green Power on my backhand. It's great but I am not used to tensor and soft rubber for my forehand.

FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 12:12pm

xushaofa LSZ is tensioned, it feels like sprung but tacky,the sponge is great.i love this rubber

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 12:19pm
Juic couga has a slight tack to it, not too much tho
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 3:34pm

Rubbers like H2 and H3 are way too bouncy for my likings on a carbon blade.  Very hard to produce spin as someone mentioned.

Put H2 with a Jap sponge or for me 79 40H and 40S with Jap sponge and you have much more control and ability to spin on carbon blade.

The Hurricane DHS sponges are too catapulty on Carbon blade.  Unless you glue the sh*t out of them *winks to wfwfitz*

I have put my Hurricane rubbers on slower wood blades where they excel much more.

The Jap sponge has much more stabilty.  So too german sponge but even they were a little too springy on carbon blade and hard to spin with and keep on table with loops.

Jap sponge excellent with Chinese tacky rubber on carbon blade...

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
Pejantan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pejantan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 8:00pm

Re he he heeeeally!?
......... what?

Translation: Maybe I need to try Nimbus out.

i'm using tibhar nimbus right now....1st impression its very me, cos when i'm using bryce fx, donicf1, and neos tacky i couldn't generate enough spin......nimbus makes me spin better, much much better even my coach and partner say that my spin got crazy :D ....the sound n speed will surprise ur opponent (trust me)

But after about 2 month (i play 5 days/ week, with 2 hous each)nimbus lost its power...the spin and speed not as great as 1st week...even i give 3 layer of home made speed glue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic