FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

D40+ Bad quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D40+ Bad quality
    Posted: 10/20/2019 at 1:20pm
Back when D40+ was release the batch is with some yellow hue. Those are extremely durable and plays similar to nitakku premium. Around last year or so they change the manufacture process and their balls are very "white" without the yellow hue. The balls are as durable but it's not round. When I spin the ball on the table I can see the ball being wobbly.  It's also significantly softer than the old manufactured D40+ 

Any thoughts? I bought my d40+ from the official brick and motor store in shang hai. Are those fake? or it is how it is?

Edited by hunkeelin - 10/20/2019 at 1:20pm
Sponsored Links

ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 2:22pm
I am disheartened to see these reports outlining declining quality of D40+ balls, as I really liked this ball, especially in relation to its price. 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 2:41pm
The same thing happened to the TIBHAR SYNTT NG40+ we liked so much last year.  The last two boxes of 72 balls were outrageously bad. Out of those 144 balls not a single one was perfectly round.

And the same thing happened with the material: they lost their yellowish hue and they become annoyingly soft.

I placed and order for a box of 10 pcs DHS D40+ (Ding Ning), I will report back with the production date and the way they play.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 8:28pm
' I placed and order for a box of 10 pcs DHS D40+ (Ding Ning), I will report back with the production         date and the way they play. ' - Hans Regenkurt

Please post photos of the box with Ding Ning picture. Thanks.
  Will these be the 3star CD40+ Cell free ABS Ball ?
Iloveplayingtabletennis
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 10:19pm
   AT YOUR EVERY SERVICE, SIR ....
The softer D40+ is the most preferred species with Chinese Olympians team.
DHS ball factory will always make for a better benefit of National Table Tennis Team, given the fact they got to play with DHS balls at the Olympics oncoming.

Edited by igorponger - 10/20/2019 at 10:57pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

DHS ball factory will always serve for a better benefit of National Table Tennis Team, be aware.
Why would they prefer soft balls?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 1:41pm

DHS ball factory will always make for a better benefit of National Table Tennis Team, given the fact they got to play with DHS balls at the Olympics oncoming.

And you know this...… how exactly???????
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

DHS ball factory will always serve for a better benefit of National Table Tennis Team, be aware.
The answer is obvious. DHS wants you to buy their new revolutionary ball treatment called Blue Ball lotion. You apply it to the ball one hour before play time to make the ball harder for maximum performance! �£
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 2:59pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 3:11pm

You dont know about balls igor only alcohol..be silent
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

The answer is obvious. DHS wants you to buy their new revolutionary ball treatment called Blue Ball lotion. You apply it to the ball one hour before play time to make the ball harder for maximum performance! �£

Not stony hard, I mean. Geometrical hardness of 0.73 --0.75 mm is the optimum for a powerful and controlable play.
JustANoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JustANoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Good lord man, dont f**king give them ideas. Angry
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 10:23pm
I just received a box of DHS D40+ 10 from Dandoy, XAAI stamped.
They do look whiter than the ones I got Sept. 2017 from ttnpp,
which by now look quite slick.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by pitigoi pitigoi wrote:

I just received a box of DHS D40+ 10 from Dandoy, XAAI stamped.
They do look whiter than the ones I got Sept. 2017 from ttnpp,
which by now look quite slick.

They do "look" better but try spinnning the ball oin the table, rarely you found a round one. 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 4:21am
I agree with OP, balls with grey tint were durable and way better than white ones. However not all whites are bad balls.

Recently I discovered these balls from DHS: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992289199.html

Got them out of curiosity. They are so good. They feel harder than other white 3 star D40 balls (similar to premium nittakku), all are round, bouncy and even. Few players in my club asked me if they can keep the ball. Given silly price my box of 6 balls was gone in gifts within a week.

Then I bought another 2 boxes. 

To my disappointment one box was not that good. Balls were round, white, same hard and etc. the only thing - the surface was smoother than usual. In the second box all balls were good as expected. So consistency could be better. But I would swap premium nittakku into that ball any time, because of durability without sacrificing playing properties.

Edited by fmarek - 10/22/2019 at 4:23am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:33am
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 12:33pm
When you hold the DHS balls up to a bright light (like your monitor), how many thick spots do you see?

More or less than the yellow batches?
What position?
Pole or offset? 

I am concerned.

Edited by icontek - 10/22/2019 at 12:37pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 3:18pm
I just bought DHS World Tour from tabletennis11. They look a little unusual with two stamps, but play great. Feel a little heavier than Nittaku. It’s cheaper than Nittaku and seems to last. It’s my new go to ball.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic