Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Omega VII vs R47 vs Dna Pro?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Omega VII vs R47 vs Dna Pro?
    Posted: 11/01/2019 at 1:18pm
Could somebody compare Omega VII Pro, R47 and Dna Pro M with respec to: Speed, Throw Angle, Grip, and Unexpected catapult during short game?

or just VII and R47 since DNA Pro is so new.
Sponsored Links

Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2019 at 1:45pm
Found this so far: 
<<< by yogi_bear: if I compare it to the Rasanter R47, the Omega 7 is spinnier with a bit softer feel and with almost teh same speed and catapult.>>.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 9:53am
I have been playing with R47 for couple of years now and I breafly tested VII pro as a fh rubber. Most of the people seems to think that vii pro is very spinny and fast but to me it was very avarage in both speed and spin. To me it felt like a soft rubber so I didn’t felt that it had too much power in it when looping hard. I think that R47 is better in every aspect except recieving serves. R47 has higher throw angle. Just my 2 cents🙂.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 10:15am
Aren't Omega 7s at over 50 degree? You can't really compare it to R47 given the difference in the hardness. Generally, one would be able to generate more spin with R47 due to its softer sponge.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Aren't Omega 7s at over 50 degree? You can't really compare it to R47 given the difference in the hardness. Generally, one would be able to generate more spin with R47 due to its softer sponge.

VII Pro is 47 or 47.5
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 6:21am
I have 7 pro and had r47. Both not suitable for my style of play (high spinny loops from both wing). For me both have low throw, and similar behavior. 7 pro feels slightly softer and slightly easier to play with. Both good for classic recreative player's long push with backspin. There is some catapult but you have to use quick motion. I think all these new rubbers require faster wrist and generally much more energetic play that amateur players able to produce. There are younger faster and technicaly better players from me around who use these rubbers and produces quality shots. 
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I have 7 pro and had r47. Both not suitable for my style of play (high spinny loops from both wing). For me both have low throw, and similar behavior. 7 pro feels slightly softer and slightly easier to play with. Both good for classic recreative player's long push with backspin. There is some catapult but you have to use quick motion. I think all these new rubbers require faster wrist and generally much more energetic play that amateur players able to produce. There are younger faster and technicaly better players from me around who use these rubbers and produces quality shots. 

are you still using Vega Pro on both sides?
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 10:22am
only on fh at the moment. I have various blades and rubbers and often change setups to try new things. When I  want results I switch to my cheap no name blade and worn vega pro and beat expensive setup users :)
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic