Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

C-Max Vs. KTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-Max Vs. KTS
    Posted: 12/03/2006 at 3:06pm

Hi.

Does any of you know how does Cypress Max compare to Kim Taek Soo blade?

わが青春に悔なし
Sponsored Links

Jpholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2006 at 12:46am
The two blades bring you two different feelings, can't really explain it by words. KTS feels a bit more solid and heavy feeling and C-Max is a bit more bouncy and lighter feeling.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2006 at 11:45pm
Never try but Interest cypress-max
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2006 at 12:08am
Yeah, me too but it's very hard to find any information on this blade... all i know that it costs almost as much as KTS so I assume that it's well made...I was interested in it, because my good old Senkoh broke in half after playing with it for 2 years and it was too slow for me in the first place so im thinking about getting something much faster
わが青春に悔なし
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2006 at 6:18am
Would be interesting to add Darker Speed 90 or Speed 70 (10 mm thickness) to compare with. For sure Darker has cheaper price, but craftsmanship is very nice, perhaps it is cheaper because it has much less promotion.
I have Speed 90 in 9 mm, but I find it too thick.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

kts user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kts user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2006 at 3:47am
The cypress has more control and sound more solid that KTS. But the Speed never be as fast as KTS.
FatPenholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatPenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2007 at 3:37am
Cypress made from the outer core of young hinoki woods. it contains a bit water. so the speed is absorbed by the water content. but it gives much control.

Kim Taek Soo's made from the inner core of very very old hinoki woods. it so dry. so the speed is marvelous. but the control is on the lowest level.

more to come is ryu sueng min's. the news i read is, the RSM's blade is gives more speed than KTS's. but less control. but it won't be sold until 3rd quater of 2007.

wait and see...
The Fat boy who kill everyone with his Kim Taek Soo d-_-b
Jpholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2007 at 11:22pm
Do you mean RSM blade by Butterfly?  It's in the market already. I saw that in Singapore an dmy friend actually bought it.  Extreme fast and lower control compared with KTS
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2007 at 11:51pm
I heard that Ryu Seung Min is now using Xiom single ply hinoki.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2007 at 9:41am
Yep, he is. I think it's great considering that Xiom is a korean company...Ryu should be repping his country and not japanese butterfly ;p
わが青春に悔なし
stephen chung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2007 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Ksix Ksix wrote:

Yep, he is. I think it's great considering that Xiom is a korean company...Ryu should be repping his country and not japanese butterfly ;p

I think the one he is using is Athena Platinum.
Blade: Butterfly Custom made 1ply Hinoki 10mm
Rubber: Bryce Hard
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2007 at 11:07pm
cypress max and kts are the same blade just marketed in different regions.The ryu blade by bfly was discountinued after he signed with xiom and yes he uses the ryu athena platinum.As for j pens i have had all of them and still have quite a collection.You must look at the blade before you buy it to detemine its quality.most blades are new growth.almost all bfly,xiom and darker are all new growth.the only blades i have seen that are consistantly old growth are kokutaku 10mm id100 but they are expensive.also where the wood is taken from the tree is important.whether it is center or farther towards the bark.note the grain on the end of the blade it should be tight very tight with a slight radius possibly switching direction.this is a center cut from an older tree.if the lines are perfectly straight but farther apart like most newer blades this is from either a farther out cut or a newer tree cause the farther out from center the less tight the grain cause the tree has a larger diameter so less radius over a given area which equals a straighter grain which most people think is better but not true.also weight is a factor newer blades with younger trees do have more water in them so you see most new jpens from 90-100+ grams as where an older blade is usually from my expereince around 83-88 grams for a 10mm blade and 75-80 for a 9mm.you will also not a little yellowing of older blades as where newer blades are whiter due to less drying time.
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2007 at 11:15pm
http://shop.ilpp.idv.tw/index.php?cPath=24_65   is one of my favorite places for j pens especially odd balls like 10mm chiang peng lungs.If you want a kokutaku go through iruiru they can get 10mm but it is not listed n their site
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic