FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Big hands: Looking for best blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by windysummer1 windysummer1 wrote:

Big headsize and super long handle.
160*158 for headsize and 115 mm handleBig smile
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Sponsored Links

Idefix View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idefix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2021 at 4:46pm
Hello windysummer1, I cannot see a connection between the thickness of the blade and the suitability for certain rubbers. I personally know only 4 Re-Impact blades so far but most of the blades they have in stock are designed to play with inverted on both sides. My son is playing the model "T4" with inverted rubbers on both sides and has never played better before. They also have two blades specially made for antispin. Besides, most people playing with LP have an inverted rubber on the other side. Very heavy blades are probably less suited for people who play with thick (and heavy) sponges on both sides but as most of the Re-impact blades contain balsa they are very lightweight so they do not get too heavy when played with thick inverted rubbers. There is only one problem with thick blades: you might need two edge tapes!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2021 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

I'm surprised no one hasn't mentioned these blades yet

Nittaku Violin LG (larger handle) and Accoustic LG (larger

From my experience those LG handle almost same size as regular once. I didn't feel much difference
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2021 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Idefix Idefix wrote:

Hello windysummer1, I cannot see a connection between the thickness of the blade and the suitability for certain rubbers. I personally know only 4 Re-Impact blades so far but most of the blades they have in stock are designed to play with inverted on both sides. My son is playing the model "T4" with inverted rubbers on both sides and has never played better before. They also have two blades specially made for antispin. Besides, most people playing with LP have an inverted rubber on the other side. Very heavy blades are probably less suited for people who play with thick (and heavy) sponges on both sides but as most of the Re-impact blades contain balsa they are very lightweight so they do not get too heavy when played with thick inverted rubbers. There is only one problem with thick blades: you might need two edge tapes!
I think you can use your blade however they want, but this gentleman seems to agree it is best for long pips. http://mytabletennis.net/forum/reimpact-chevanti-blade_topic89618.html
My feedback
Idefix View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idefix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2021 at 2:43pm
Some Re-Impact blades are probably best to be played with LP, but others play better with inverted on both sides. The "Chevanti" tommyzai refers is meant to play best with antispin-rubbers. The "T4" of my son is build to play best with inverted on both sides close to the table or mid-distance. It depends only on the construction of the blade, not on its thickness.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2021 at 1:17pm

Big headsize and super long handle.
160*158 for headsize and 115 mm handleBig smile
Donier RR blade has a headsize 158*158 while the handle is 107mm long
My feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic