Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Candy for ZJK fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candy for ZJK fans
    Posted: 04/18/2020 at 2:02pm
EDIT 4/21: this video is better (same match with 5 more minutes and interviews at the end): 

-------------

It really makes my day, I did not know I would miss him that much, he was bigger than life. 

ripped from ttd's fb account:

In case of any wonder:

Edited by stiltt - 04/21/2020 at 12:02pm
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2020 at 2:14pm
Is this a new match, as in now, not last year?  ZJK's shirt says Dignics on it, and I could imagine the video being done even with social distancing (only  three people plus camera man present, and you could have all of them tested before hand).

Any idea if ZJK was using the new D09C?  And why a single game to 35?
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2020 at 4:42pm
Zhang Jike using SZLC now, not Vis?
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by SmileTT SmileTT wrote:

Zhang Jike using SZLC now, not Vis?

In this match he is.  Maybe he's trying to drive sales since Harimoto SZLC is getting all the attention
these days.  OR he needs a bit of help in his speed game as his body is not like it used to be

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2020 at 6:53pm
nice share fatt
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2020 at 7:12pm
I actually couldn't believe ZJK could win this... incredible after not playing competitively for so long!
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2020 at 10:51pm
3:18 4:38 8:35 no words. What a joy to watch this match and with this angle. Thank you for posting!
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 7:45am
Good exhibition match Thumbs Up  and really good angle to watch a match from. It's really nice like almost sitting courtside.

Great idea and wonderful to see one of the best in the game pick up a bat racket again for a nice event.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 9:03am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

It really makes my day, I did not know I would miss him that much, he was bigger than life. 

I have the same sentiment.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 10:00am
this is the best thing during covid19. They both played well and pretty seriously. ZJK still has the power and skills to beat a top defender. Thanks for sharing the link. 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 11:23am
Only thing I want to say: my favorite player ever.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 12:39pm
Does anyone know the backstory behind this match? 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 2:34pm
It seems like he still has a lot of market value and they are building a niche business just for him, just based on the huge interest he still raises. If they choose his opponents wisely so he is not transformed into canon fodder, it can work. 

I imagine betting in the background is involved too but we won't know much about that.

Edited by stiltt - 04/19/2020 at 2:34pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2020 at 11:55pm
I'm quite impressed by ZJK physique. He's lean and looks like he's in good health. Last game I saw him at he had gained a little weight and he was playing slower than usual.

I was also struck by the fact he's not using a Viscaria blade. I guess it must have to do with his sponsorship contract.

This was fun to watch. 
I'm intrigued by the way they counted points. They also did not switch sides after 11 points.

Great camera work too.

Yep, I'm still a zjk fan.

Fdt
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2020 at 9:08am
Hmmm, they had a practice match which appears to be recent. Warm-up for the Premier League Challenge perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1oi243lOzU

Good to see ZJK playing again. He's not in top form but he looks like he's having fun and injury-free.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2020 at 10:21am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Hmmm, they had a practice match which appears to be recent. Warm-up for the Premier League Challenge perhaps?

Good to see ZJK playing again. He's not in top form but he looks like he's having fun and injury-free.

After watching that video, I am sure he had a handle change in the main match for marketing purposes....
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2020 at 10:39am

from the same channel than above; same facility with fitness machines in the background.

Also from MLFM channel

edit: btw, that's exactly what I was asking, only ZJK listened. ClapClapClap

Edited by stiltt - 04/21/2020 at 11:54am
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

After watching that video, I am sure he had a handle change in the main match for marketing purposes....

You're probably right. After all, they had photos of the Viscaria at the end of the practice video.

But part of me thinks that ZJK used the SZLC for the challenge. First, he's only playing against Hou Yingchao. It's easier to use a faster set-up if you are confident against an opponent. Second, ZJK's injury woes started when the plastic ball was introduced. So a little extra kick might not be such a bad thing especially since it looked like a fun match despite their serious demeanor.
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2020 at 11:39am
Zjk took off the rubbers after the match and signed the blade for a giveaway. It seemed like the face of the blade was SZLC design. 

Certainly if it was a viscaria with SZLC printing and handle and  a Zjk signature... That is quite a collector item. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2020 at 12:01pm

MLFM channel has the same video with way way more material like the visible handle at the beginning, interviews at the end etc...

I could not find where he takes the rubber off tho, another video?

DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2020 at 6:25pm
It was during the live stream that also had an interview.

Below link you can see the interviewer hold up the signed blade. It is the last photo at the bottom of the article.  Article is in Chinese and photo is not the greatest quality. 

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 4:09am
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

Below link you can see the interviewer hold up the signed blade. It is the last photo at the bottom of the article.  Article is in Chinese and photo is not the greatest quality. 

Thanks DML! Great stuff! I used Google Translate and we know how accurate that is. But a few interesting tidbits.

1. ZJK said he only won because of the small space.
2. There were interactive gifts of wiping sweat and hydrating.
3. I guess ZJK held his racket the whole time of the interview (nerves?). But he wouldn't give away the rubber. CNT must take National version H3 Neo inventory very seriously.
4. There was some sort of "suspension of rights" that ZJK did not want but was forced to take.

There was another article where he discussed the format.

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/133465959

Thanks again for the link.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 4:27am

Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

Thanks DML! Great stuff! I used Google Translate and we know how accurate that is. But a few interesting tidbits.

1. ZJK said he only won because of the small space.
2. There were interactive gifts of wiping sweat and hydrating.
3. I guess ZJK held his racket the whole time of the interview (nerves?). But he wouldn't give away the rubber. CNT must take National version H3 Neo inventory very seriously.
4. There was some sort of "suspension of rights" that ZJK did not want but was forced to take.

There was another article where he discussed the format.

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/133465959

Thanks again for the link.

Suspension of rights is likely a timeout.  There was something in the rules about timeouts being fan determined but ZJK  turned it down when the fans told him to take it.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 11:30am
Hou Yingchao is still so good. What I can not understand is he played a tournament in Canada in 2018 and his rating is there in Table Tennis Canada website, he is rated 3193, 15th in Canada, he lost two matches to lower rated players. In all reality I see that impossible, don't quite know if he gave free matches or walkover. He is too good for everyone in Canada, maybe Eugene will give him challenge but I personally believe he can still beat everyone in all North America.

Edited by sunny - 04/22/2020 at 11:33am
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Suspension of rights is likely a timeout.  There was something in the rules about timeouts being fan determined but ZJK  turned it down when the fans told him to take it.
That is a weird ruleLOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 2:57pm
The idea of involving online fans is great, what else can they do besides forcing a time out? forbidding  pushes? taking points away for stroke ugliness? penalizing the stink eye? How about  they score on serve only, like in volley ball? ok j/k, anything fresh is great, just a bit weird at first but like T2, we'll get used to the new.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 7:02pm
Another weird rule LOLLOLLOLLOL

Before the start of the game, fans watching the live broadcast quickly unlocked the privilege of towels and refreshments for Zhang Jike through interactive gifts box.

比賽開始前,觀看直播的球迷通過互動刷禮物,迅速為張繼科開通了擦汗和�£�水特權,當然侯英超也同時享受到同等特權
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Before the start of the game, fans watching the live broadcast quickly unlocked the privilege of towels and refreshments for Zhang Jike through interactive gifts box.

Isn't this a feature from The Hunger Games?
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 8:14pm
Sounds like when Ninja did a charity stream and donations caused him to do certain actions in game. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2020 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Isn't this a feature from The Hunger Games?

Lmao underrated comment
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic