Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best FH rubber for plastic balls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best FH rubber for plastic balls?
    Posted: 02/09/2021 at 10:47am
Hi All,

What is currently the best FH looping/attacking rubber for the plastic balls?
It seems the tenergies with their topsheets losing grip so quickly can't compare to dignics and the like?
Sponsored Links

Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 1:48pm
The best rubber doesn't exist, because everyone has different tastes, different technique, different needs...
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 2:05pm
How would you then explain that Tenergy 05 was used by more than half all professional players? That's going slightly against the natural distribution of all rubbers fitting all individuals and techniques :)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Rollko Rollko wrote:

How would you then explain that Tenergy 05 was used by more than half all professional players? That's going slightly against the natural distribution of all rubbers fitting all individuals and techniques :)

Professional players do similar things and play and train with other professional players.  This isn't true for amateurs.  I don't think his point was about "natural distribution" - his point was that the suitability of a rubber for your game has a lot to do with how you play.

Many professionals have gone to T05H or hard sponge rubbers (Dignics, R53 etc) for the new ball.  If you want to follow them, that is where to go.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 4:35pm
NextLevel, 

In terms of dignics, would you recommend 05 or 09c?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 5:32pm

NextLevel, 

It always depends on what you are trying to do.  09c is stickier so it releases the ball more slowly.  But if you are really advanced, this is helpful for close to the table power and spin and for short pushes.  But if you don't play with that level of effort all the time or putting the ball short is not a big part of your game, then the improvement in speed and ball release from 05 might he helpful.   But some people don't like 05 either because it is harder to get the ball moving than Dignics 80 for example.  A lot comes down to what you do with your forehand.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 8:01pm
If you've developed good loop technique there is nothing that beats D09c imo except for boosted blue sponge hurricane (which is a pain anyways)...

These two rubbers have the best spin for serves and short game, receives, as well as opening loops. The only con is speed, but then with proper mechanics it's not a problem anyway... If you use your entire body to hit the ball, at the higher power levels I think 09c actually beats 05 in terms of output speed. It's only slow at lower power levels...

I believe most non CNT pros have moved to 09c for the FH too.... 

Edited by blahness - 02/09/2021 at 8:04pm
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 8:06pm
I'm using short pips on BH so I'm not concerned about my short game. Plus I like to open up first and attack most balls anyway. 

D09c is said to be good for overcoming the opponent's spin and impacting own spin and direction 'without having to look for the perfect angle'. Is D05 similar to this? 

D09c has higher arc but is slower - but if the arc is higher then it should be easier to bring the ball over the net, shouldn't it?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 8:16pm

I'm using short pips on BH so I'm not concerned about my short game. Plus I like to open up first and attack most balls anyway. 

D09c is said to be good for overcoming the opponent's spin and impacting own spin and direction 'without having to look for the perfect angle'. Is D05 similar to this? 

D09c has higher arc but is slower - but if the arc is higher then it should be easier to bring the ball over the net, shouldn't it?

You will always adjust your stroke to the throw angle naturally...imo it depends on your stroke, if it's big and powerful then 09c is for sure better, but if you have very small, weaker compact strokes 05 will be better (to compensate for the loss of power).
-------
Viscaria

WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 10:29pm
What? Tenergy topsheets loosing their grip quickly? I keep hearing how Tenergy lasts longer which justifies their price from Butterfly fanboys often enough. Is someone lying? :>.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 10:43pm
Hi,

Perhaps a little confusion here.  [Maybe my confusion.]

NextLevel, 

=================

It always depends on what you are trying to do.  09c is stickier so it releases the ball more slowly.

It is my understanding that the topsheet of Dignics 05 is the same as Dignics 09c.  The Dignics topsheet is stickier than the Tenergy 05 topsheet.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2021 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Perhaps a little confusion here.  [Maybe my confusion.]

NextLevel, 

=================

It always depends on what you are trying to do.  09c is stickier so it releases the ball more slowly.

It is my understanding that the topsheet of Dignics 05 is the same as Dignics 09c.  The Dignics topsheet is stickier than the Tenergy 05 topsheet.

Thanks.

No, 09c has a tacky topsheet while 05 has a nontacky topsheet, I think both have the same sponge tho
-------
Viscaria

passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2021 at 5:08am
The tenergy and dignics are defined by their sponge: spring sponge and spring sponge X.
64, 80 and 05 are same topsheet compound with different pip widths and spacing. 
09c is a complete new top sheet with more tack 
Hope this helps
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2021 at 7:45am
Hi,

As always, very good comments!

09c is a complete new top sheet with more tack 

It is also correct that the sponge of Dignics 09c is harder than the sponge of Dignics 05.  So, the sponges between the two rubbers within Dignics are different.

More broadly, as mentioned, Tenergy class rubbers have a category different sponge than the Dignics class rubbers.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2021 at 2:42am

Hi All,

What is currently the best FH looping/attacking rubber for the plastic balls?
It seems the tenergies with their topsheets losing grip so quickly can't compare to dignics and the like?

I thought Rakza Z was quite good with the plastic ball.  Very overlooked and underrated rubber.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic