Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Booster or Speed Glue, which is more effective?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Booster or Speed Glue, which is more effective?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2023 at 10:38am
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

any one selling old days speed glue

it's illegal anyway...might as well make your own with things like heptane, hexane, naptha, or the original tire patch glues

and yes it will be way better than any booster could ever be

Edited by cole_ely - 03/07/2023 at 10:38am
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2023 at 12:07pm
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=organic+glue+table+tennis

Those "classic" solid sponges with open cells structure will react to the speed gluing much better than those modern materials with large pores of today"s.   -- Some relevant samples to try Hurricane 2, 729 FX, Mark V original.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2023 at 6:09am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

When people think about booster, the first word is Falco, the second word is softening, the third one is long-lasting
They are booster, not even close to speed glue
But there is something else, could act similar to speed glue to turn soft rubbers to spring machines
Pros use it

Do you still sell the booster and reviver? Any chance that I could get some of it in US? 

Yes I do. Buy 1000ml bottle to save shipping cost.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2023 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Loop495 Loop495 wrote:

Below was the most infamous speed glue

I heard Klampar, Surbek etc used bicycle tube cement.
You can text oe email or call Klampar & ask Wink

Below seems to be the current ones

But keep in mind these are illegal. 
Also the more carcinogenic a speed-glue was, the more effective it was (before speed glue ban) Cry

Disclaimer:- Post for entertainment purposes only & I do not speed-glue or boost

Actually, search for any rubber cement on Ebay or Amazon, they are old school speed glue. They are the most powerful  speed glue. However, they will leave a thick layer of glue every application time.

Haifu Dolphin and Whale are also sold on Ebay and Amazon. They have advanced tuning property without building up excessive thick layers of glue. However, they are incomparable to BTY Minellium Chack, the best speed glue of all time.

As a defender, I would love to play against booster or speed glue players. They are easier to defeat than the normal equipment players.

Falco is not a booster
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2023 at 2:30pm

Below was the most infamous speed glue

I heard Klampar, Surbek etc used bicycle tube cement.
You can text oe email or call Klampar & ask Wink

Below seems to be the current ones

But keep in mind these are illegal. 
Also the more carcinogenic a speed-glue was, the more effective it was (before speed glue ban) Cry

Disclaimer:- Post for entertainment purposes only & I do not speed-glue or boost

Actually, search for any rubber cement on Ebay or Amazon, they are old school speed glue. They are the most powerful  speed glue. 

Sorry no.  Most rubber cements are NOT speed glue. Are you suggeting that Elmer's rubber cement is speed  glue ? I think not.

As I pointed out earlier, the glue has to be carcinogenic to be lethal (in more ways than one). Most of those items such as Camel have been discontinued or dumbed down.   

Some rubber cements in the ebay list or amazon may have little more speed glue effect but I do not know but I know for sure that  these cements for past 15 or so years have been made safer healthwise meaning  they are also less useful as speed- glue weapons 

However, they are incomparable to BTY Minellium Chack, the best speed glue of all time. 
BTY Chalk may be better than current boosters but it is sissy compared to old day cements like Camel.
If you understood the history of blind over obideient complainece of Butterfly to ITTF rules, you will easily understand that BTY Chack has to be a sissy speed glue in the speed glue era. 
(I would not touch Japanese or European overpriced pretentious products with a 10 feet pole) 

As a defender, I would love to play against booster or speed glue players. They are easier to defeat than the normal equipment players.  
And you claim that you achieve this amazing feat using (low aspect ratio long pips) rubbers listed on the ITTF LARC that are horribly useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era ?  SERIOUSLY ?
Or may be you are a short pips chopper or a two winged spinny inverted chopper ? Shocked

you're right they've cut most of the voc's out, but you can still get plenty of effect with regular rubber cement

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2023 at 9:50am
to Loop495
Yes, I use short pips for chopping and I can chop by inverted rubber. I can counter-attack with inverted rubber by both wings.

I mixed with its thinner solvent to make glue.
Falco is not a booster
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2023 at 11:12am
HEXANE THE KING OF SOLVENTS.
Using organic solvent of pure hexane fluid is the best answer to enhance rubber performance greatly. Yes, hexane fluid makes wonders with the old type sponge.

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 03/11/2023 at 12:07pm
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2023 at 1:01pm
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2023 at 2:05pm
DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2023 at 2:08pm
DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2023 at 2:12pm
DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2023 at 6:08am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Using organic solvent of pure hexane fluid is the best answer to enhance rubber performance greatly. Yes, hexane fluid makes wonders with the old type sponge.

Be happy.

Hexane is selling on Ebay and Amazon as 500ml can.
by 50/50 mixture with any rubber cement, we can bring back the most powerful speed glue!
Falco is not a booster
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2023 at 11:24am

Be happy.

by 50/50 mixture with any rubber cement, we can bring back the most powerful speed glue!

Hexane label: Colorless, volatile liquid; sweet/gasoline odor. Irritating to eyes/skin/respiratory tract. Also Causes: dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness, hallucinations. Chronic: peripheral neuropathy (muscle weakness, motor loss, sensory disturbances). Flammable.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2023 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Be happy.

Hexane label: Colorless, volatile liquid; sweet/gasoline odor. Irritating to eyes/skin/respiratory tract. Also Causes: dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness, hallucinations. Chronic: peripheral neuropathy (muscle weakness, motor loss, sensory disturbances). Flammable.

Hi,thanks for the information,
Can you copy the link and show .
thanks
DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2023 at 1:07pm

Be happy.

thanks

And an even more complete safety sheet here:

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2023 at 1:39pm

Be happy.

thanks

thanks bro,
can you show me on amazon which one to buy?
Thanks
DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2023 at 2:01pm

Be happy.

thanks

thanks bro,
can you show me on amazon which one to buy?
Thanks

Sorry, no idea. I stopped using it when it was banned a couple of decades ago.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2023 at 1:04am

Be happy.

The most powerful speed glue is tricloroethylene based ones like  vulcoflux victoria tiptop
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2023 at 10:44am
Random notes:

Different generations of rubber respond to different formulated speed glues and boosters.

Speed gluing some of the rubbers that came out long after the ban often produces less than ideal results (erratic performance, uneven stretching, etc).

The closest that boosters ever got to producing a speed glue effect (outrageous spin, catching ball feeling) was the brief period after the speed glue ban where companies were allowed to make their own VOC free boosters and compatible sponges. Samba NTEC was one such rubber, and boosted, with the celluloid ball, it reproduced more of the speed glue effect than anything else I have ever tried.

One consensus is that boosters will often get you more speed, but not the outrageous spin and catch-release feeling of speed glue.

Some sponges (DHS neo blue sponges for example) like Haifu stuff like Seamon
Some sponges (Tibhar Evolution series, which smell like TRF booster out of the package) pair nicely with TRF booster 
Some sponges seem to play nice with Falco Tempo Long (generally, rubbers that are a touch too slow, but do a good job on other metrics).

Speaking of boosters, has anyone tried Falco Platinum? Which sponges does it like?

p.s.
In retrospect, I am glad that the VOC ban went through.
This is why solvents like Hexane were banned:

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/sds/sial/296090

Edited by icontek - 03/22/2023 at 10:55am
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2023 at 8:00am
Most 3rd generation of Tensor sponges don't like any booster at all:
Donic Coppa (all series, 3rd generation)
Tibhar 1Q and 5Q

Not sure what built in inside the sponge, the glue is always loosen even boosted once.

Overall, booster is more advanced than speed glue in term of smell, toxicity, consistency, legality.
Current trend is hard porous sponges (likes Dignic) which have more tuning effects by thin booster. The thin booster could be absorbed directly and quickly to the pores, kick up the performance consistently during a week, enough for any tournament without caring for the rubber.
Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Random notes:

Different generations of rubber respond to different formulated speed glues and boosters.

Speed gluing some of the rubbers that came out long after the ban often produces less than ideal results (erratic performance, uneven stretching, etc).

The closest that boosters ever got to producing a speed glue effect (outrageous spin, catching ball feeling) was the brief period after the speed glue ban where companies were allowed to make their own VOC free boosters and compatible sponges. Samba NTEC was one such rubber, and boosted, with the celluloid ball, it reproduced more of the speed glue effect than anything else I have ever tried.

One consensus is that boosters will often get you more speed, but not the outrageous spin and catch-release feeling of speed glue.

Some sponges (Tibhar Evolution series, which smell like TRF booster out of the package) pair nicely with TRF booster 
Some sponges seem to play nice with Falco Tempo Long (generally, rubbers that are a touch too slow, but do a good job on other metrics).

Speaking of boosters, has anyone tried Falco Platinum? Which sponges does it like?

p.s.

Limonene based glued were banned because it was bad for tt companies. 

Edited by mykonos96 - 03/29/2023 at 2:40am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2023 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Random notes:

p.s.

I didn't like those dlime early boosters anyway. Of course I dont like any booster except the hard stuff

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2023 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

[QUOTE=icontek]

The mixture of D-Lim and glue work well together while the other booster couldn't be mixed to VOC glue. It is similar to the Super Long Chack.
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I didn't like those dlime early boosters anyway. Of course I dont like any booster except the hard stuff

Actually, D-Lime is far more better than any Falco "booster".
The worst experiment I had made was to mix D-lime to Falco Long. Applying that mixture had destroyed 3 sheets of H3 by loosening the glue between topsheet and sponge.
Falco is not a booster
Benowa4217 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benowa4217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2023 at 8:24am
Thumbs Up

Edited by Benowa4217 - 03/31/2023 at 8:28am
Benowa4217 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benowa4217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2023 at 8:25am
hey mate how do I get in contact with you
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2023 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Benowa4217 Benowa4217 wrote:

hey mate how do I get in contact with you

Contact me via FB:
Falco is not a booster
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2023 at 12:18pm
got my hands on speed glue from TT11 just for the hell of trying it.  Initially tried it on Globe 999.  Didn't have a lot of playing time with it.  It is way faster than with booster but its effect might not be greater than what it done on a Battle II BS.  I have a sheet of Donic Coppa and various variants of the h2/3 , skyline 3.  What should I try next (including other rubbers) , to get the obvious speed benefit with the crazy spin that the speed glue is supposed to enable.  Or am I wasting my time?

Edited by tom - 11/30/2023 at 12:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic