FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xu Xin still playing, LGY beating FZD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xu Xin still playing, LGY beating FZD
    Posted: 11/14/2022 at 9:14am
I think with respect to XX  thr best we can hope for is either doubles or an European league to invite him over for big money.  In terms of CNT international singles play, I don't see it.  He legit looks slower.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/14/2022 at 9:14am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2022 at 7:10am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

DId anyone else seeing Sun Mingyang's game think that her game is probably why Ito doesnt bother the CNT anymore?

That was always her purpose. She even uses Moristo SP now (before Spectol -> VO>102). But honestly if Sun Mingyang kept playing like this she's probably better than Ito on current form.

It just shows how what you train against can elevate you.
Mima Ito needs to study and draw inspiration from this video:

I think Ito is not tall enough to play this kind of style lol.... Sun Mingyang is simply in another weight class
True, there's nothing she can do about her height and cannot afford to play a bit further back like SMY.  But SMY's level of control with her BH is superb, and along with that comes the ability to move her opponent out of position.  Unlike Ito, she doesn't take unnecessary risks.  And her FH is a far more threatening weapon.  Granted it's not really a fair comparison.  SMY went through the Chinese TT system so she's living and training with this high level of players every day, but I still think Ito can learn something from this.  Sorry to get off topic.  

I wonder if (hope) we get to see XX in international play.  He's the most entertaining player to watch on the CNT.  How about just one more World Championship before he bows out?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

DId anyone else seeing Sun Mingyang's game think that her game is probably why Ito doesnt bother the CNT anymore?

That was always her purpose. She even uses Moristo SP now (before Spectol -> VO>102). But honestly if Sun Mingyang kept playing like this she's probably better than Ito on current form.

I think Ito is not tall enough to play this kind of style lol.... Sun Mingyang is simply in another weight class
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2022 at 1:40pm

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2022 at 11:03am

Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2022 at 11:02am

Yeah, Sun Mingyang's role is to imitate Ito's playstyles...but I feel like her game is a lot more solid rallying rather than the 3rd ball festival like Ito...way less variation in her game. But it allows CNT to really get used to high quality pip hitting...
She is doing what Ito does but just less with the serves and tricks but much better with the hitting. So what you said. But it is a feature not a bug.  I suspect if Ito had exposure to CNT level training, she could get closer to that.
Cybershape Carbon
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2022 at 10:53am

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
LongLips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2022 at 4:21am

Why didn't Ma Long or Wang Chuqin play in this competition? 

My guess for ML is rest, but Wang did play in the team and doubles events. He might have even played in singles too but I'm not sure. Only a small fraction of the matches from the singles early rounds were put on YouTube, and I haven't found the bracket anywhere. I was also curious if Xu Xin competed in singles
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2022 at 8:06pm
Why didn't Ma Long or Wang Chuqin play in this competition? 
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2022 at 7:00pm

Yeah, Sun Mingyang's role is to imitate Ito's playstyles...but I feel like her game is a lot more solid rallying rather than the 3rd ball festival like Ito...way less variation in her game. But it allows CNT to really get used to high quality pip hitting...
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2022 at 6:58pm
Fan Zhendong finally shows LGY who's the real boss after that freak loss in the men's teams event.... 

That said, LGY's reverse pendulum is really good! Same can't be said for FZD's new hook serve but at least he's trying lol....
-------
Viscaria

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 11:28pm
Cybershape Carbon
LongLips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 2:41pm

Absolutely incredible table tennis in this match. Including the men's, this should be known as the era of the Wangs.

Also,did anyone else find the side angle the production team used actually kind of cool? It's much lower than the wtt one so you really get to see the curve of the ball in a way you can't from the classic behind, or the new wtt angle

Edited by LongLips - 11/11/2022 at 2:41pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 11:37am

There's some crazy matches here... both Chen Meng and Sun Yingsha already lost lol.....

Do you have the video of Chen MEng's loss?  Curious who she lost to...

She lost to Chen Xingtong 3-2. The match between Sun Mingyang and Wang Yidi is probably one of the best matches, men or women, this year.

Agreed, Sun Mingyang's backhand play is incredibly impressive, I feel a bit sad for her that given how the 6th game went.
Cybershape Carbon
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 10:58am

There's some crazy matches here... both Chen Meng and Sun Yingsha already lost lol.....

She lost to Chen Xingtong 3-2. The match between Sun Mingyang and Wang Yidi is probably one of the best matches, men or women, this year.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 9:29am

Cybershape Carbon
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2022 at 4:08am
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2022 at 2:04am
Wow Fan Zhendong pulled out some hook serves too lol, looks like he didn't want to lose out after Wang Chuqin got great results from it LOL

His version looks a lot worse than Chuqin's tho Big smile
-------
Viscaria

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 7:16pm
Cybershape Carbon
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by LongLips LongLips wrote:

Originally posted by lgxb lgxb wrote:

Wow this Xu Haidong guy is amazing! So much power on both wings and so fluid in his strokes! My only beef is that he loves to push long and then counterloop, and doesn't do a lot of the fancy penhold close table stuff... but wow at the shot quality....

link?

Maybe they meant this game in round of 16?

Yeah there was another match in the round of 32. This guy has maybe even better shot quality than Wang Hao tbh... 
-------
Viscaria

LongLips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by lgxb lgxb wrote:

Wow this Xu Haidong guy is amazing! So much power on both wings and so fluid in his strokes! My only beef is that he loves to push long and then counterloop, and doesn't do a lot of the fancy penhold close table stuff... but wow at the shot quality....

link?

Maybe they meant this game in round of 16?

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 11:02am

link?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 8:51am
-------
Viscaria

LongLips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 6:24am

some cool points in this match, including the final one
Catenaccio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by LongLips LongLips wrote:

Just in case this passed under anyone's radar who might be interested. The Chinese National Championships just finished and Xu Xin was playing again with the Shanghai team (maybe his first games since losing to Franziska?). I've only managed to find videos from 2 games he had on youtube, but I'm glad to see he's still going strong. I don't fully understand the format of the tournament so maybe he only played these two, but if anyone else has videos of more than these two matches I'd be happy if they linked them.

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see that Xu Xin is still playing!
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 6:38pm
crazy match between LGY and FZD... but i think LGY got really lucky there as he got a lot of lucky points, and i had the feeling that FZD was a bit overconfident and playing wild/overhitting a lot - usually FZD plays a bit more careful with more spin. 

-------
Viscaria

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 9:14am
The LGY-FZD is the best match this year - amazing stuff.
Cybershape Carbon
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 2:05am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

This channel has lots of videos from this event:

thanks, the videos here are of amazing quality.
-------
Viscaria

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2022 at 8:34am
This channel has lots of videos from this event:

Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2022 at 8:20am
The Chinese National Games are going on.  Shanghai won the Men's teams event.  Search for this term and you can find more news and videos:

全国锦标赛
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic