Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Carbon vs Arylate Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbon vs Arylate Carbon
    Posted: 01/26/2007 at 11:01pm
what is the difference between this two?
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
Sponsored Links

fhlooper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2007 at 11:39pm
i'm not sure if carbon has much vibration, but arylate prevents vibration (which i love). arylate also expands the sweet spot. carbon is pure power, it's very, very fast. i would recommend knowing your strokes very well before using a carbon blade. 
Butterfly Zhang Yining
Hurricane III National 2.2 FH
Butterfly Sriver G2 1.9 BH
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2007 at 12:28am
carbon blades in general are stiffer than arylate carbon
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2007 at 12:57am
I'm not sure that arylate does much in terms of stiffening the blade.  Blades (and they're fairly rare) that only have arylate or kevlar can be just as flexible as an all wood blade.

What they do seem to do, along with of course dampening the blade, is to make the feel softer and springier.  Having tried a million carbon and carbon aryate, the arylate seem to be softer, spinnier for looping.  The carbon seem a bit firmer and stiffer in the hitting, and actually have better touch in short cause they play a little flatter.  I've always thought that a carbon blade that wasn't ridiculously fast pushes very well.

I've also that that was evidence of my poor technique.  I'm guessing that with all wood blades there's more variation in how the ball comes off of a push depending on where you hit the blade.  With carbon, the blade face seems more consistent.

If you're playing a euro looping game, and you like to open with flip or loop against backspin and then start looping, look at something with arylate.  If you play a chinese style serve/push/hit game look at pure carbon.

There's my two cents.  Bear in mind I'm not a very good player...i think 1516 now.  But within the range of my level I think most will find that bears out.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2007 at 12:57am
Carbon itself I believe has different grades.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2007 at 1:03am
That's true too.  Some carbon is very solid and ping-ee.  Other seems to be more mesh-like to allow more flex and natural tone/feel.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2007 at 9:11pm
im using gergly right now.. but im finding hard to control my shots at most time. thats why im wondering to change my racket. but i love the speed of gergely.
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2007 at 1:21am
cole ely do u know how the ma lin carbon is? is it more solid and pingee or more natural tone and do u know how good it is for hard fast blocking and the dwell time of it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic