Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tensor and high tension the same?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by *JC* *JC* wrote:

ken/adam/wtf

your not so much lucky that we are not moderators here........

you are lucky here that the moderators dont make much impact here, and dont have such itchy trigger fingers as the dttw mods have ( and imho a itchy trigger finger is a good thing to have )

hmmm...that actually tells much...

I had to quote that before it got deleted or edited... 

To the topic, I see what your on about adambty.  I have played with both Hurricanes and Bryce glued up.  Hurricane can be "harder" to handle in more ways than one because of that resistance, but because of that resistance potentially can do more than Bryce.  Not taking anything away from Bryce, they are both good rubbers. 

I felt like I couldn't miss a loop with Bryce glued up on a Primorac Carbon, but it felt like potentially Hurricanes can do more but harder to handle.

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
Sponsored Links

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 7:46pm
It seems to me that there are two problems with adam's posts, namely jc and D4VOW.
YEO

Boost TP
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 8:00pm
oh ffs, not you again.

and, adam/kenn

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wtf

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

It seems to me that there are two problems with adam's posts, namely jc and D4VOW.

Might as well make that 3 problems, cause you can count me in on it. Note: I have never tried Bryce but the majority of all the forums I have attended claims that Bryce needs glue to work, without glue it's simply rubbish. Are they all wrong?

Should we trust Adambty who claims that he alone have found the magic way of using it and that the rest should learn his techniq to master the un glued Bryce?
I doubt it.

If it work's for him, then that's fine for him but I for one would take the word of the majority instead of his. Everyone who has ever used speedglue on pretty much any rubber know's what it does, so claiming that Bryce or anything else (exept some of the newer powersponges) works great without glue is either utterly rubbish or proof that the person making the claim has never used speedglue.
The holy grail
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by tthj2 tthj2 wrote:

I use Yasaka New Era rubber that is supposed to be a tensor rubber.

Ted

Actually, it's not. The Yasaka page writes this about the rubber:

NEW ERA is a high-tech product consisting of Latent Energy Inside. We use a new revolutionary glueing technique to put top sheet rubber and the sponge together. It keeps the rubber and the sponge in a constantly expanded form.

Latent energy inside and loads of BS off course, as always when marketing something but they do not claim it's a Tensor. Why? Look further up at my wall of text, there is a explanation...
The holy grail
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Might as well make that 3 problems, cause you can count me in on it. Note: I have never tried Bryce but the majority of all the forums I have attended claims that Bryce needs glue to work, without glue it's simply rubbish. Are they all wrong?

Should we trust Adambty who claims that he alone have found the magic way of using it and that the rest should learn his techniq to master the un glued Bryce?
I doubt it.

If it work's for him, then that's fine for him but I for one would take the word of the majority instead of his. Everyone who has ever used speedglue on pretty much any rubber know's what it does, so claiming that Bryce or anything else (exept some of the newer powersponges) works great without glue is either utterly rubbish or proof that the person making the claim has never used speedglue.

Speedplay, its not about who is wrong or right, its about rights of a person to present his opinion. If "majority" says opinion "A", does it mean that nobody else can say opinion "B" ? 

Just like in the past, "majority" says that the earth is flat and suddenly a second opinion says that the earth is not flat ? so the "majority" is always right, nobody is allowed to say that the earth is not flat.

Sometimes the "majority" is made up of people in power, the rest are just followers who make up the "majority". Nobody is right or wrong, they are just opinions... Opinion A,Opinion B, Opinion C... etc

By the way, what makes you say that I have never used Speedglue ?

*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2007 at 10:44pm
Adam, you fool.  Have you not ever seen a map.  Does it look round? no.
If the earth was not flat, we would all just fall off.

Globes are made round for convenience sake.  So instead of having to to look all over a map, you can just spin it around, it also is designed like this to take up less room. 

Haha, and i thought your bryce issue was bad.

lmao earth not flat.  Your kidding right?

I Just put a ruler down on the ground and you know what, it seemed pretty flat to me.

However, just to be sure, i sent my friend in america an email, and asked him if he was upside down.  Turns out he was standing upright too.  Fancy that.  

geeze, some people need to go to school and do geometry.

____ = Flat
O = Circle

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 12:35am
{EDIT} Deleting incorrect quotation.  Same post next with the correct quotation.  Must quote before gets edited Dead

Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 12:38am
Originally posted by *JC* *JC* wrote:

Adam, you fool.  Have you not ever seen a map.  Does it look round? no.
If the earth was not flat, we would all just fall off.

Globes are made round for convenience sake.  So instead of having to to look all over a map, you can just spin it around, it also is designed like this to take up less room. 

Haha, and i thought your bryce issue was bad.

lmao earth not flat.  Your kidding right?

I Just put a ruler down on the ground and you know what, it seemed pretty flat to me.

However, just to be sure, i sent my friend in america an email, and asked him if he was upside down.  Turns out he was standing upright too.  Fancy that.  

geeze, some people need to go to school and do geometry.

____ = Flat
O = Circle

JC, adambty is refering to a piece of history in which, I think Capernous (I know spelling of name wrong), a Polish astronomer, came to the discovery that the earth was round.  At "that time" people thought the world was flat and everyone dogged Capernous theory on the earth being round.  He was refering to a point in time or history LOL.

Ok let me bring it to this time a little more for ya JC.  It is like Maccas.  A "large" majority would choose Maccas as the premier restaurant.  But the burgers are better at Hungry Jacks (or Burger King).  So the majority is wrong in this case.. 

Saying that I don't like Bryce as the premier rubber prob like the majority Big%20smile.  Also noting I have seen some players kick butt with Bryce unglued.  But every rubber is better with glue no doubt.  I have played a couple of players having Bryce unglued and they have done quite allright with it.  But Bryce glued is better no doubt.  How much I didn't know.  I played with a bat with Bryce both sides, one side glued and other not on a Joola Kool.  I had it my hand but only tried it for like 1 miunte and only did forehand loops with the glued side Big%20smile.  Spewing I didn't try the unglued side.  The guy mentioned he didn't like the fact that the glue effect diminished on one side...

I would say that 729 40S Jap on a 9010 carbon blade is the best backhand combo, but everyone will laugh at me if I did LOL Big%20smile.

Oh and 40S Jap speed glued is a monster on that blade Big%20smile.  It goes from Lou Ferigino non hulk version to Lou Ferigino green hulk version LOL Big%20smile.

*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 1:40am
yes, im quite awear of that event leeroy.
Sailers scared they might sail off the edge of the earth and such, etc.

I also am not that fond of bryce, glued or unglued.
I much prefer Sriver.

I also thought your BK / Maccas thing was quite well done.

While, adam/kens main point is that bryce is brilliant with out glue
And while i accept that yes - some people might like bryce with no glue

There is no way such a combination should be recomended to every player.

PS: he also talks a lot of sh*t, mostly sh*t.  Infact, all sh*t.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 4:54am

I hope everyone gets the point now, it is not about who is right or who is wrong.

It is about everyone should be allowed to state their opinion freely. Opinion should not be dictated by a group of people.

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 8:23am
so is there a consensus??
tensor =/= high tension
just for the record etc
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 11:35am
@Adambty, the reason I claim that you haven't used speed glue is in my previous post, cause if you had, you would know that Bryce and any other rubber pre-powersponges and that stuff, works much better with glue. Sure, as a noob the speed and spin might be easier to handle with out the glue effect, but that's another story.
The holy grail
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 1:31pm
yeah long live the bryce is better unglued than hurricane II glued
best macho libre voice bryce is that best, no it fantastic!!
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic