Print Page | Close Window

((Welcome Forums))

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: JimT
Assistant Moderators: mmerkel

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1401
Printed Date: 11/18/2018 at 2:25pm

Topic: ((Welcome Forums))
Posted By: Ekrips
Subject: ((Welcome Forums))
Date Posted: 02/08/2005 at 9:26pm

Hey all! this topic is for all the new comers to post there hello's and information about them selves or just everything it dont really matter if you were already here just post your information its good to have a welcome forum. 

At the clubs you guys play at or teams suggest this site to them lets get this site big for all tt players  it would help alot, if we had alot of people here. Please suggest. anyways go ahead and post your hi's new comers. dont skip this

-------------
(Blade): Avalox Blue Thunder 777
(Black Side): Sriver FX
(Red Side): Avalox Pronte
[IMG]http://www.pingpang.info/images/equipments/avalox/a555.jpg">

Replies:
Posted By: Double Helix
Date Posted: 02/08/2005 at 9:40pm
i was thinking making a new section called the welcome forums :P

-------------
Primorac-FL
Sriver-EL
Bryce

Might change to chinese rubber on forehand

Posted By: wisdom1962tr
Date Posted: 02/11/2005 at 5:25am

Hi,

I'm looking for practical course about Table Tennis for one or two months. and that place must suitable for stay there. I'm living in Turkey (İstanbul). However, I want to improve english language at the same time. It may be a holiday for me.. I'm waiting your advising. Thanks...

Posted By: Cyberswordsman
Date Posted: 02/11/2005 at 11:55am
Originally posted by wisdom1962tr wisdom1962tr wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for practical course about Table Tennis for one or two months. and that place must suitable for stay there. I'm living in Turkey (İstanbul). However, I want to improve english language at the same time. It may be a holiday for me.. I'm waiting your advising. Thanks...

hey dude:

i live in vancouver british columbia..just 3 minutes from one of the best table tennis clubs in north america...my wife and i also currently accept homestay students as we have two extra rooms available...she loves to cook and i love to play table tennis and teach english...one of the conditions for homestay *parents* is that English is spoken in the house and that the students eat at least one meal with the *parents* (to facilitate the learning of the English language)...

i also have a private training centre on my property with a high end table and robo pong....

e-mail me if you want to pursue this:

regards
rick anderson
www.vancouversbestpainters.com
www.cyberswordsman.com

-------------
Act is the blossom of thought and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus do we all garner in the sweet and bitter fruitage of our own planting.

Posted By: Cyberswordsman
Date Posted: 02/11/2005 at 11:57am
Originally posted by wisdom1962tr wisdom1962tr wrote:

Hi,

hey wisdom:

a more direct route:

rick@vancouversbestpainters.com

regards

-------------
Act is the blossom of thought and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus do we all garner in the sweet and bitter fruitage of our own planting.

Date Posted: 02/11/2005 at 4:37pm
Cyber im very impressed with your dedication good work.

-------------

Posted By: tofu1888
Date Posted: 02/26/2005 at 6:33pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have just started into the game.  I am only a beginner and am looking to join a beginners club to improve my game. I live in London, UK.  Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Date Posted: 02/26/2005 at 7:56pm

thats goodd, just make a topic if you need some tips on playing

-------------

Posted By: tofu1888
Date Posted: 02/27/2005 at 6:22am
Oh thanks.

Date Posted: 02/28/2005 at 7:14pm
No problem got some questions just make a new topic, or search for it first, you will get the things you need, its actaul better for the forum more discussion

-------------

Posted By: londonletmedown
Date Posted: 07/22/2005 at 1:57pm
alright, I guess this hasn't really caught on. I'm Luke, I live in the US. I've been playing for only 6 months or so, but a chinese player at my club told me that he thought I had "the touch" and that he expected great things from me. I'm 21 years old, and practice as much as I can. I love this forum.

Luke

-------------
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max

Date Posted: 07/22/2005 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by londonletmedown londonletmedown wrote:

alright, I guess this hasn't really caught on. I'm Luke, I live in the US. I've been playing for only 6 months or so, but a chinese player at my club told me that he thought I had "the touch" and that he expected great things from me. I'm 21 years old, and practice as much as I can. I love this forum.

Luke

Thanks for joining on man. Looks like you contribute alot.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/22/2005 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Ekrips Ekrips wrote:

Originally posted by londonletmedown londonletmedown wrote:

Luke

Thanks for joining on man. Looks like you contribute alot.

Hey, no problem. I love this place. Where I am, no one really plays TT, so It was interesting for me to find a group of people that actually care about the sport.

By the way, how does that Avalox play?

-------------
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max

Date Posted: 07/23/2005 at 3:34am
Ah, the Avalox :D,
its great man, if your a heavy attacker, its HEAVY, and very fast, and its meant for a 3rd ball kill shot, IMO,
I usually kill the ball after i serve, gotta work consistency, :p

-------------

Date Posted: 07/23/2005 at 3:35am
Very good indeed, the Avalox, ah :D
Heavy, fast and a killer.
Good for third ball attacks, IMO.
I usually kill the ball on the 3rd hit, fast for rallies, but for topsin, its so-so.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/25/2005 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Ekrips Ekrips wrote:

Very good indeed, the Avalox, ah :D
Heavy, fast and a killer.
Good for third ball attacks, IMO.
I usually kill the ball on the 3rd hit, fast for rallies, but for topsin, its so-so.

I see that you're very proud of your blade :)

Is the 729 Blue Thunder a completely different animal?

Luke

-------------
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max

Posted By: katyacsinia
Date Posted: 07/27/2005 at 2:13pm
Hello friends.I'm from Roumania and first I want to know if someone like my country, was registered here.
Home, we have a site www.tenisdemasa.ro ,please enjoy...

-------------
Butterfly Schlager Carbon
FH:Yasaka XTend SG
BH:Tackifire Special Soft 2.1

Posted By: filo
Date Posted: 07/27/2005 at 2:33pm
hallo katyacsinia

welcome

Posted By: GantZ
Date Posted: 11/12/2005 at 1:24am

Hello everyone.  This is my first post on mytt.net, but i have been lurking the forums since probably around March this year.  I am currently 21 years old and attending Texas A&M Unversity as an undergraduate.  My major is Electrical Engineering ,and i hope to attain a bachelors degree for now.

I have been playing table tennis for about 8 months, but only consistantly for 4 months.  I am a chinese penholder with reverse backhand who started with some junk paddle from wal mart but bought a pre-assembled at zeropong to help my game grow.  There are ALOT of people who play ping pong the game, but only a few of them play table tennis over here.  Mostly, the Asians over here are very good, and i have trouble just returning their serve.  There is so much i would like to learn about the game and the technical aspects that come with penholder grip.  Since there is no coaching here, except for probably a sound beating, i will most likely try and post questions on this forum.

Some other things that are happening around here are to hopefully get a school club going and try and register for the NCTTA<-I think thats right.  One of my friends and semi-table tennis coach is handling the situation right now, and maybe this semester or next semester we can become recognized.

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone here for making this place such a great community and a place to share and learn information.  Maybe someday i will be able to contribute to the discussions and be able to help someone who is starting out like me. I wish everyone here to have an enjoyable holiday coming up, and that everyone will keep on hitting and never give up on such an amazing sport.         

Posted By: omarwashington
Date Posted: 11/12/2005 at 2:52am
Hello my name is Omar from Washington, hence the name omarwashington.  The club I play at is Washington Table Tennis Center, the director is Yiyong Fan.   I've been playing TT off and on for about acouple years. 

Posted By: tatto
Date Posted: 11/12/2005 at 4:12am

hi all does 1 can tell me who will win the german open protour now is it shlager or timo or samso or m.maze i think that is samso or timo and cause this tournament play in germany so timo will be the prince

-------------
i love table tennis

Posted By: spinkiller
Date Posted: 11/15/2005 at 7:22pm

hello there! i'm just new here and just wonderin' if there are other members here who are filipinos. anyways, i love your site and keep it up!

-------------
Blade: DHS PF4-2 All-around
FH: Hallmark-Dr. Neubauer Super Special
BH: RITC 729-40S
please visit my site: ttp://www.freewebs.com/tataclaguna

also:
http://www.philtabletennis.com

Posted By: Magichand
Date Posted: 01/24/2006 at 3:35am
Hello. I am new to this forum. I have the impression that many inexperienced players are offering opinions about a whole range of things they know little or nothing about. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but at some point it just becomes a pooling of ignorance. Personally, I think that unless a player is quoting someone who is recognized as knowlegdeable, or has special insight as a player or coach they should probably refrain from answering peoples questions.

I believe US table tennis players are more heavily infuenced by the TT manufacturers'marketing campaigns than by actual knowledge of the sport. If you doubt me, just walk into ANY local club or tournament venue. Everyone is attired with designer warm-ups and shoes and towels and they have their late-model equipment glued up and ready to go and they look great - UNTIL THEY START TO PLAY! Try to find someone who can steadily put the ball in the same place 10, 20 or 30 times and you will be looking for a long time. This is conducive to bad practice which is conducive to bad technique which is conducive to bad game play. It is a shame.

The TT community needs to reject this Hollywood, glittery, superficial image concsiousness.    I think people need to stop worrying about looking good and start worrying about how to PLAY WELL - AND I DON'T MEAN WITH JUNK RUBBER! We must study the pros to learn what this sport is about, not pump our egos with superficial nonsense.

Does anyone agree with me?
Please share,
New member,

-------------
PK

Posted By: car-guy
Date Posted: 01/24/2006 at 11:08am
I agree with you 100%, Magichand

Posted By: chops
Date Posted: 01/24/2006 at 11:37am
Hi I'm coming from Denmark, I have made this profile because I like tabletennis and asking/answer questions.

My playing style is powerlooping.

Posted By: alink91
Date Posted: 01/24/2006 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by Magichand Magichand wrote:

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have the impression that many inexperienced players are offering opinions about a whole range of things they know little or nothing about. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but at some point it just becomes a pooling of ignorance. Personally, I think that unless a player is quoting someone who is recognized as knowlegdeable, or has special insight as a player or coach they should probably refrain from answering peoples questions.

I believe US table tennis players are more heavily infuenced by the TT manufacturers'marketing campaigns than by actual knowledge of the sport. If you doubt me, just walk into ANY local club or tournament venue. Everyone is attired with designer warm-ups and shoes and towels and they have their late-model equipment glued up and ready to go and they look great - UNTIL THEY START TO PLAY! Try to find someone who can steadily put the ball in the same place 10, 20 or 30 times and you will be looking for a long time. This is conducive to bad practice which is conducive to bad technique which is conducive to bad game play. It is a shame.

The TT community needs to reject this Hollywood, glittery, superficial image concsiousness.    I think people need to stop worrying about looking good and start worrying about how to PLAY WELL - AND I DON'T MEAN WITH JUNK RUBBER! We must study the pros to learn what this sport is about, not pump our egos with superficial nonsense.

Does anyone agree with me?
Please share,
New member,

I agree with your first point/paragraph

On you second point/paragraph your you say that US are too influenced by companies and that it effects there playing level in a negative way. In some ways I agree but mainly I disagree. There are some players at the 1000 level that start to use speed glue but more importantly, most poeple who glue are around 2200 which is considered a pretty high level for the US. There are people who play in the olympics who are lower than the 2200 level. There are people that are into TT clothing but thats actually a good thing. Not only does it make a phycological effect on the player giving the perception of greatness but its better for the economy and for the TT company. If everyone were like you, there would be no point in TT clothing and TT compaines would make less money. There is no harm in TT clothing. Furthermore not everyone is into TT clothing and stuff like that. I play at American clubs and not everyone is like that. If everyone were described to be as you were in USA everyone would have the paddle palace licence plate but I've only seen one car that has ever had that and to me thats bad beccuase when TT companies make more business TT becomes bigger and one way they get bigger is by selling things that people want such as clothing or license plates.

Third, why cant we pump ourselves with superficial nonsense? If it makes us play better it works. Just like gatorade, its no better than water but it makes us think that we have more energy thus making us play better. Then wahts wrong with junk rubber? Whats wrong with a chopper that attracts the audience? I can say STOP USING INVERTED RUBBERS and not support my statemnet. Plus, we dont need to study the pros in every aspect. According to TT world one of the three main differnces between us and pros is that we try to copy all of there techniques incorrectly. Some techniques are easy to learn such as a forehand drive but some we should be trying to learn such as how to lob.

-------------

Posted By: Magichand
Date Posted: 01/29/2006 at 12:27am
Hello sir, thank you for your reply to me.

I am compelled to respond to some things you said in
your reply that are simply NOT TRUE. Firstly, I never
said that designer sportswear and equipment MADE
people play bad. Expensive gear is not what makes a
good player good nor does it make a bad player bad.
My gripe is with bad players who are preoccupied with
looking good and not concerned about improving their
skill set. This is what I refer to as 'superficial
nonsense.'

Perhaps some minimal psychological advantage is
derived from "dressing to kill" but that doesn't
equip you to execute proper technique, footwork, shot
selection, ball placement or strategy. Just because
people 'feel' better doesn't mean they are better.
Watch people who wear toupees or dye their hair if you
want an example of how a person can look ridiculous to
everyone while feeling good about himself.

My point is that the EMPHASIS is in the wrong place
for most players. Don't you think the optimum
scenario would be to look good AND play well?
Stepping up to the table with that confidence would
give you a huge advantage, psychological and
otherwise.

P.S You said in your reply that Gatorade and water are
the same thing but produce different results in
people. Surely you don't mean this do you? The
ingredient list and nutritive value of both is readily
available via a Google search if you are interested in
a factual comparison.

Be well -

-------------
PK

Date Posted: 01/29/2006 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Magichand Magichand wrote:

Hello sir, thank you for your reply to me.

I am compelled to respond to some things you said in
your reply that are simply NOT TRUE. Firstly, I never
said that designer sportswear and equipment MADE
people play bad. Expensive gear is not what makes a
good player good nor does it make a bad player bad.
My gripe is with bad players who are preoccupied with
looking good and not concerned about improving their
skill set. This is what I refer to as 'superficial
nonsense.'

Perhaps some minimal psychological advantage is
derived from "dressing to kill" but that doesn't
equip you to execute proper technique, footwork, shot
selection, ball placement or strategy. Just because
people 'feel' better doesn't mean they are better.
Watch people who wear toupees or dye their hair if you
want an example of how a person can look ridiculous to
everyone while feeling good about himself.

My point is that the EMPHASIS is in the wrong place
for most players. Don't you think the optimum
scenario would be to look good AND play well?
Stepping up to the table with that confidence would
give you a huge advantage, psychological and
otherwise.

P.S You said in your reply that Gatorade and water are
the same thing but produce different results in
people. Surely you don't mean this do you? The
ingredient list and nutritive value of both is readily
available via a Google search if you are interested in
a factual comparison.

Be well -

I think i misunderstood you on something, ur talking about the possiblility and I'm talking about the assumption that ur possiblility is true. Ur assuming that people are buying cloths and not worrying about there technique which the chances of that are very small because I'm willing to bet that there isnt a single person in the entire USA that is a tt player that wants to improve and is so worried about there cloths that they forget there improvement.

About the gatorade, results show that energy wise, salt water and gatorade as the same because salt water has electolytes just as the gatordade does and in some cases the salt water can be more helpful depnding on how much salt you put in.

You're right that feeling better doesnt meant that ur playing better but generally speaking, when u feel better, u dont have an excuse, u can think better, and so forth and ur game will dramitically imporve for most people. Thats why the chinse national team hires phyciotrists to help out there athletes. Not ALL material will help but some things such as gatordade,clothing,new rubber, new shoes, and prixe money for winning might give make u better phycologically thus having a better chance of winning.

-------------

Posted By: Haris
Date Posted: 02/08/2006 at 5:04pm

Hello guys,

I like the forum aloth. I joined the forum day or two ago and it is a great resource. I started playing ping pong when I was around 7-9 seriusly cant remember any more. Born in Bosnia and Herzegovina was fortunate that the sport in the Ex-Yugoslavia was well promoted and funded. We traveled aloth even as juniors and played against great clubs. That gave me great attitude toward the sport and I loved it since. I attended every Yugoslavian championship that where held in Zagreb at the time my best placement was around 27 in doubles. I realy was there for the fun and the girls even if I could have placed higher easy we goofed of to much IMO. Since I left Bosnia as a refugee I played in Germany for a while and then found new interest that got me away from Table Tennis for a while GIRL'S GIRL'S GILR'S damn puberty. Now after a long time I am starting back with the sport here in Salt Lake City, UTAH USA. We have one big gym with about 8 tables only thing is we meet once a week and that is insufficient for me to get back in shape.  I hope to be able to afford me a robot soon since the college is eating all my $$$$$ it may be a while. I was fortunate to have 2 trainers one offensive and one defensive chopping trainer. Those chopps helped me with getting a great forhand topspin or Loop that I can execute on almost any type of service as long it passes the table by 1". I probably play now about 40% what I was capable of but I hope I'l get into the grove soon.

Turned into quite a long post well nice meeting you all and good luck in the sport. 

Nice to meet you all.

Posted By: 3ageeb
Date Posted: 02/08/2006 at 7:15pm
hey alink i think we have new members that have some table tennis experience  can i know how long have u been playing tt ? haris and magichand

-------------
http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saleh121007largeak1.jpg">
Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt

Date Posted: 02/08/2006 at 10:23pm
More then 10 years on and off. Just picked up again like month ago.

Date Posted: 02/08/2006 at 10:47pm

I just want to reply also to the previous posts about equipment. Equipment is Important if you dont have the tools you can't do the job. TT clothing may sound little gooffy but they have some advantages also. If you have a pair of shorts that will hang on you knees because you got them at K-Mart compaired to special designed shorts that let some air in the undercariage I go with the air flow. Same with shirts prices are insane like the Killerspin microfiber shirt 54 usd but if it is going to take the heat away from the body and help me keep temperature and sweat down il take it. With the new guys its more about feeling to be part of the TT comunity. They are not aware what paddle or rubbers are best for them until they develope their own game style and can judge for them selfs. I can tell you wow primorac carbon is great yes maybe for me because it will fit my style but it may be to much for you to handle. Not in a sence that you may be bad player it is just not your speed factor and it is not you. Find your style and you will find the right equipment that fits your style. I think it is great that people include mesages like ONLY FOR EXP PLAYER's.  If you want to be in style and it fits your budget go for it but dont do to much on the blades and rubbers because if you dont know how to use the equipment you will end up changing it all the time as a excuse for your bad game. Just note that there is equipment for every level of game. Profesionals use they own brands do you realy think because it is best for them. Its just to promote, they are profesionals they can play with your blade same way like with my because they know how to use it.  I used Tibhar light IV for a while now even if I am offensive player I didnt feel that more speed would provide me what I need until I was able to say now I got to the max with this one its time to move up to carbon.

Thats all.  

Posted By: Gaute
Date Posted: 02/10/2006 at 7:13am
I´m norwegian i´m an offensive player... I liek to be a member here because i am interresed in table tennis and love playing it!

-------------
Blade: Avalox
Rubbers:Donic desto F3 Big slam (both sides)

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...

Date Posted: 02/10/2006 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by 3ageeb 3ageeb wrote:

hey alink i think we have new members that have some table tennis experience  can i know how long have u been playing tt ? haris and magichand

I know great news!!! 

-------------

Posted By: kevinqi
Date Posted: 02/14/2006 at 9:35am
Hello, I am here...

-------------

Posted By: Just Do It
Date Posted: 02/14/2006 at 4:49pm

Helle Everyone, Im new to this site but I've been playing TT for about 6 years. I live in Manchester Tennessee, (US),and im 21. We dont really have a club to play in, just kind of a garage thing, I think we are all good within our own. Anyways, i have a few questions, thought i would begin here...I would love to learn to play better and be more confident in my game, just dont have anywhere to go if you know what i mean....if theres anyone close and would like to give some lessons or just hang out amongst good company and play some games, let me know....

I have to 729-2 special edition, has the power sponge(blackside) and the long pips on the red side..i play all forehand very little backhand..i feel the 729-2 is a good one for me, i play back and loop often, love the spin, but also have a powerful overhand right thats pretty accurate. I like chopping but im not up to par with it, if anyone has any tips or helpful thoughts just let me know thanks.....

-------------
LathanReed_4@msn.com
Just Do It!

Posted By: kevinqi
Date Posted: 02/14/2006 at 11:27pm

Just Do It,

I think the best methods is that you come to China...

There are lots of famous master in China...

-------------

Date Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:25pm
Kevin, not really planning on going to china anytime in the near future, thanks for that most exillerating tip, ill remember that when im playing.........

-------------
LathanReed_4@msn.com
Just Do It!

Date Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:36pm

Just get hold of some Training videos. Look under the Vidios section it has some great thing to improve your game. Look at the videos how they do trainings select the things that you need most improvement and make a training plan. Have somone execute according to the plan you made and repeat it before the games.

Welcome and Good Luck

Posted By: alfie
Date Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:46pm
just do it.......are you anywhere near Knoxville or Chattanooga.....there are TT clubs there......am surprised the only have 2 clubs in Tenn

Date Posted: 02/15/2006 at 11:16pm

Ok Haris, sounds good to me man. Appreciate it,

And Alfie, Im about 200 miles South of Nashville, it would be nice to have something closer but we seem to make the best of it...

-------------
LathanReed_4@msn.com
Just Do It!

Posted By: lildudejds
Date Posted: 03/03/2006 at 4:00pm
Greetings...my name is jeffrey.

I was originally a member of DTTW forums...then saw this one and decided to join. I can see it has alot of the same members.

Peace.

-------------
Ross Leidy Custom
Donic Bluefire M3

Posted By: koeman1
Date Posted: 04/29/2006 at 3:19pm

Hello My name is Rafa³. I have been playing Tenis Table for 13 years.

I like soft rubbers, so I play donic gallardo sound (max) and blade Peter Korbel OFF. Sorry for my english

Posted By: Evergreen
Date Posted: 04/29/2006 at 8:12pm

Hi, I'm David.  I play with Donic equipment.  I look forward to being a part of this forum.

-------------
J.O. Forever The Best

Blade:Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
FH Rubber:Donic J.O Waldner Max
BH Rubber:Donic Desto F1 Max

Posted By: BigJ99678
Date Posted: 05/08/2006 at 2:34am

hey, my name is jeff and i have been playing for about a year and a half. I live in Michigan and for the past 3 months have been playing 4-5 days a week. before that i played about 2 days a week and with 1 day of training. I trained with jon boska for about 4 months, and have nothing bad to say about him, but it got to expensive wih the gas expenses. just sayin what up, o and i play with primorac carbon, sonex jp soft both sides

-------------
You're lucky I suck

Posted By: BigJ99678
Date Posted: 05/08/2006 at 2:45am
o, and to the guy who ranted about people in the US sucking at table tennis and being superficial, and just sucking at the sport in general, well your right. If i had not thrown out my arm playing baseball i would have never even thought about playing table tennis. In the US when u want to do a past time you play baseball, football, basketball, more "american" sports. I play with a handful of guys in michigan that are 1900 and up who take the game somewhat seriously, and most of them are from different countries (what else is new). This is a great game and if i could go back in time i might have played it over most "american" sports but who knows. As for the sport growing in the US, it is going to take a lot of time and you knocking people down isn't going to help, instead offer a helping hand. Who cares what they wear, they have to start somewhere.

-------------
You're lucky I suck

Posted By: ilovett
Date Posted: 05/20/2006 at 4:26am

Hello My name is Winky. I have been playing Tenis Table for 7years.

I come form Hong Kong, so my english is not very good. Sorry for my english.

Posted By: studmuffin
Date Posted: 05/20/2006 at 9:32am
Hello everybody, I'm a 23 year old male from the Philippines but i have been in South Korea for almost a year now for graduate studies.

I have been lurking on the boards for almost 2 months now, downloading as much of the videos as i can. (Thank you very much to everybody who takes the time and effort to edit and upload these videos for the rest of us)

I have been "playing" probably since i was 10 but i have been training only for almost four years. I play shakehand with Gergely21 Carbon, FH: RITC 729 (must get new FH rubber...) and BH: Butterfly Super Anti (yes, I play with anti rubber)

I have found a club here in Korea where i can practice regularly. I am the youngest player there (well, next to the little kiddies anyway) and the only foreigner in the club.

Players from both the Philippines and South Korea, please feel free to send me a message. Nice "meeting" everybody here and I hope I'll have fun here in the boards and learn things to improve my game.

(ps. that's me on my avatar)

Date Posted: 05/20/2006 at 11:55am

Thanks for joining the forums.  Welcome!

-------------

Posted By: noel
Date Posted: 05/21/2006 at 2:33pm

where are you exactly in london, see www.londonprogress.com

Originally posted by tofu1888 tofu1888 wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have just started into the game.  I am only a beginner and am looking to join a beginners club to improve my game. I live in London, UK.  Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Posted By: noel
Date Posted: 05/21/2006 at 2:38pm

Hey kabayan how are you, nice to know another pinoy on the site

Originally posted by studmuffin studmuffin wrote:

Hello everybody, I'm a 23 year old male from the Philippines but i have been in South Korea for almost a year now for graduate studies.

I have been lurking on the boards for almost 2 months now, downloading as much of the videos as i can. (Thank you very much to everybody who takes the time and effort to edit and upload these videos for the rest of us)

I have been "playing" probably since i was 10 but i have been training only for almost four years. I play shakehand with Gergely21 Carbon, FH: RITC 729 (must get new FH rubber...) and BH: Butterfly Super Anti (yes, I play with anti rubber)

I have found a club here in Korea where i can practice regularly. I am the youngest player there (well, next to the little kiddies anyway) and the only foreigner in the club.

Players from both the Philippines and South Korea, please feel free to send me a message. Nice "meeting" everybody here and I hope I'll have fun here in the boards and learn things to improve my game.

(ps. that's me on my avatar)

Posted By: fatcomet
Date Posted: 05/25/2006 at 2:51am
Hi everyone, I'm Mike. I'm a 19yr-old undergrad at the university of Chicago (Hi to Patmandidly and everyone else in the Chitown area) I just had my first equipment change of my 3yr tt career, so I've got some catching up to do

I originally joined the forum because of the videos, but I'll try to contribute more in the future

-------------

Posted By: O! Ju Qian
Date Posted: 06/07/2006 at 12:59pm
Hello...I joined the forum just because of the videos too and are there any girls around?

-------------
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."

Posted By: SDRamones
Date Posted: 06/07/2006 at 9:56pm

not too many girls . . . but there a few.

Welcome to the forum.  THe videos are awesome.

-------------
[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/SDRamones/Table%20Tennis/Blade_fan-1.jpg">

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=sdramones" rel="nofollow - My EBAY Feedback

Posted By: Braveheart
Date Posted: 06/23/2006 at 8:04am

HI friends. My name is Gabriel, I am Italian but now living in Geneva (Switzerland). I play for a local Club, I am also a referree (F.S.T.T.).

I start playing when I was 6 years old. I am now 55 but I still enjoy this fantastic sport.  I also join another Forum (the one of Italian Table Tennis Federation) but I also like to be, let's say, a bit international (like my family: 2 children are Italo-Canadian while my wife is Egyptian/Canadian/Italian).

I have been in many international places: Abu Dhabi/Dubai (U.A.E.) - Japan Tokyo) - Switzerland (Zürich and now Geneva).

Best regards to everybody ! Ciao

-------------
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack

Date Posted: 06/23/2006 at 9:20am

Hi Gabriel,

I'm Sean and am also an older gentleman.  Welcome to the forum.  It is a great place for information.  Some good and some bad, but for the most part a good place with people who are nice and are here to have fun.

I for one, love the Videos section.  It's a place to share videos for recent games that I would have not normally have seen.  Table Tennis (TT) from where I live is not as popular so I have to go online to buy stuff and learna more about the sport.

Once again hello and have fun.

- SEAN

-------------
[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/SDRamones/Table%20Tennis/Blade_fan-1.jpg">

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=sdramones" rel="nofollow - My EBAY Feedback

Date Posted: 06/23/2006 at 9:22am

Hi Gabriel,

I'm Sean and am also an older gentleman.  Welcome to the forum.  It is a great place for information.  Some good and some bad, but for the most part a good place with people who are nice and are here to have fun.

I for one, love the Videos section.  It's a place to share videos for recent games that I would have not normally have seen.  Table Tennis (TT) from where I live is not as popular so I have to go online to buy stuff and learna more about the sport.

Once again hello and have fun.

- SEAN

-------------

Posted By: hua_
Date Posted: 07/05/2006 at 2:05pm
Hi guys.
my name is Hua.
I'm from Australia, (melbourne).

Date Posted: 07/05/2006 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by hua_ hua_ wrote:

Hi guys.
my name is Hua.
I'm from Australia, (melbourne).

Welcome, I come from Italy and I am very sorry for your good soccer team. Next time you deserve a better place. Ciao

-------------

Posted By: davesb
Date Posted: 09/14/2006 at 5:33am
I'm David, I'm from the UK and about 15 years ago played at a reasonable level but for some reason I stopped playing and only got back into it 9 months ago! Now after finding out my bat is 'illegal' to use in competition i'm tryin to sort through all the different rubbers and blades.......

Posted By: servio
Date Posted: 10/19/2006 at 10:52am
Hello everybody.
I'm Servio, I live in the Netherlands and I'm 17 years.
I'm playing tabletennis for about 4 years now and loving it
Happy I found this forum, its looking really good.

Posted By: darcycudmorepei
Date Posted: 10/27/2006 at 7:40pm

Hey,

Im Darcy, I'm from PEI, Canada.  I am 16 years old and have only played table tennis for a year and 3 months or so. My youunger brother is 13 and also plays aswell as my dad who used to play and restarted the same time as me.

I have a Donic Waldner Senso V1 With Stiga Innova Ultralight Rubber On My Black Side , but my forehand.  I have regular Butterfly Sriver on my red side, but my backhand.

Some of my Table Tennis "highlights" so far would be representing Team PEI's Junior team at the 2006 Atlantic Championships, Winning gold at the 2006 Island Open Junior Doubles Event, Making Team PEI Canada Games Team As 2nd Out Of 2 Seeds For U-18.

MY BLADE:

http://imageshack.us">

ME (NOT THE PENHOLD GUY) AND MY DOUBLES PARTNER IN U-18 DOUBLES ACTION AT 2006 ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIPS IN NEWFOUNDLAND:

ME (SERVING) AGAINST TEAM NEWFOUNDLAND'S PLAYER IN JUNIOR TEAM EVENT ACTION AT 2006 ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIPS IN NEWFOUNDLAND:

ME (CLOSEST) GETTING READY IN JUNIOR TEAM EVENT AGAINST TEAM NEWFOUNDLAND:

ME BETWEEN RALLYS:

^I WON THAT MATCH haha

WARMING UP BEFORE PRACTISE:

-------------

Posted By: Justchill
Date Posted: 10/29/2006 at 6:25am

Hi, I am new here.

I am 25 yo and I live in Belgium. I've been playing TT for 11 years and hope te learn here a lot about the sport.

My style is attacking but I can also control the match by defending and blocking and countering. 

Date Posted: 10/29/2006 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Justchill Justchill wrote:

Hi, I am new here.

I am 25 yo and I live in Belgium. I've been playing TT for 11 years and hope te learn here a lot about the sport.

My style is attacking but I can also control the match by defending and blocking and countering. 

Welcome, Im new from acouple days ago aswell.

-------------

Posted By: Justchill
Date Posted: 10/29/2006 at 11:01am
thanks, welcome for you too

Date Posted: 10/29/2006 at 11:04am
thanks alot.

-------------

Posted By: enjoyshirley
Date Posted: 12/11/2006 at 4:52am
wonderf ul hahah

-------------
http://www.gameusd.com - wow gold

Posted By: raficten
Date Posted: 01/11/2007 at 3:46pm
hi,

I am Rafi, i am interested in TT and have been playing for about a month.

-------------
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Premium Contact Blade
Rubbers:Stiga Optimum MP Red 1.8mm
Donic Sonex X 45 Black 1.8mm

Posted By: raficten
Date Posted: 01/11/2007 at 3:49pm
my computer gave me a double post :(, its too old.

-------------
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Premium Contact Blade
Rubbers:Stiga Optimum MP Red 1.8mm
Donic Sonex X 45 Black 1.8mm

Posted By: sambkny
Date Posted: 02/15/2007 at 11:30pm
HI All,

I'm Sam, from United States (Brooklyn, New York to be specific). Been playing for about 3 months now and love the game. Trying to get better, played at local tt club league tournament and realized there is much room for improvement. Embarrassed

-------------
729 Instinct
Globe 999T 2.2 Black
729 FX-EL 2.0 Red

Posted By: loopdaddy
Date Posted: 03/04/2007 at 9:31am
Hello from and old newbie.
I'm just getting back into TT after an extended break. Back in the 80's, when I played oganized TT, we were playing the original Sriver and Tackiness rubbers. Carbon blades were extreme cutting edge and Nitaku had just emerged as the *new and upcoming* ball mfg. Their efficacy was still undecided in the TT world so we stuck with Halex3* for a while, trying to resist change. Eventually we caved, of course. We'd never heard of 'speed glueing', either.
I guess I have some catching up to do in the research dept.
Nice to meet you all. It's good to see this excellent sport still has legs, and is even growing in popularity. Clubs and teams were few and far between in the past. Now, joining a club is only a mouse click away.
See y'all around.

Posted By: Bruce Wane
Date Posted: 03/18/2007 at 3:40am
Hello, I'm 25 years old, form China. This is my first time to post here. I play with Stiga equipment and I have two blades one is optimum pluse the other  is carbonix wood. I'm a penhold player and my play type is powerlopping and attacking. I'm chinese but i am not good at TT, i love this game very much, because i have played  it only for a short time. I am very glad to stay with you and i hope we can be good friends by TT.
My equipment: 1.Blade Stiga optimum pluse FH DHS hurrican 3 BH palio cj8000c
2.Blade Stiga carbonix wood FH DHS skyline 3 BH DHS hurrican 3(for state team)
At the end aplogize for my poor english.

-------------
China is great! We love peace!

Posted By: Bruce Wane
Date Posted: 03/18/2007 at 4:52am
My icq is 473312626. please get touch with me. i want to make friends with you.

-------------
China is great! We love peace!

Posted By: theman
Date Posted: 03/18/2007 at 6:35am
hello, im from australia. im currently in university studying a bachelor of design.

there is no table tennis club in my university, however i will try and make one.
my style is  a shakehand grip, still learning the basics [played for 1 yr and half]. i would like to be a power looper, and also my serve is BACKHAND!!!!! WOOHOOOOO. go PRIMORAC U BEAST AND POTA U SEXY THING.
anyway, i have better bh then fh, and in match, i have more bh winners.

hence i serve bh all the time.
my weakness is footwork and horrible fh. and also returning service.
in ur american ratings, i would say im 500, compared to say the elite players at homebush [2000 sydney olympics].

-------------
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Posted By: forehandloop
Date Posted: 03/18/2007 at 10:03am
im new cos im only here for 5 days ;)
im a 13yr old tt coach in Singapore, im the proest guy in my house

-------------
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia

Posted By: Swiff
Date Posted: 03/19/2007 at 9:02pm
Hello!!!!

I'm not new to the site.  But when I was I never got on this topic.  So, just wanted to do that...HELLOOOOO!

-------------

Posted By: forehandloop
Date Posted: 03/20/2007 at 8:05am
hi all (this hasnt been updated for a while even tho theres been a lot of new members recently. i thought i should post to make this go to the top and newbies can see it)

-------------
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia

Posted By: Ksix
Date Posted: 03/20/2007 at 1:06pm
lol dude you have avrg of almost 38 posts/ day...

-------------
わが青春に悔なし

Posted By: HyperThyroid
Date Posted: 03/20/2007 at 5:09pm

Posted By: Swiff
Date Posted: 05/04/2007 at 12:21am
Hi;

-------------

Date Posted: 05/04/2007 at 4:41am
Originally posted by HyperThyroid HyperThyroid wrote:

Hey, my name's Rob a.k.a. Hyper
my rating ranges from 1350 to 1500
im 25 and i play in clubs on L.I. and New York
I loop from both wings (well, try to) and i curse a lot when i miss

Welcome !

-------------

Posted By: mohab helal
Date Posted: 06/06/2007 at 10:14pm
hiiiii
I loved the Egyptian player to be a good participant with you and, God willing, I would be very active members

-------------

Posted By: drew collins
Date Posted: 09/03/2007 at 5:04am
hi my name is drew collins
im from ausralia (perth)
im 14 and i have just started pennent

Posted By: drywater
Date Posted: 09/09/2007 at 1:53am
name is brandon. play in jacksonville fl. age 22. started playing serious for about a year on and off. plan on gettin back to serious mode.

Posted By: phoenix
Date Posted: 09/19/2007 at 1:41am
Dear all.
My name's Nhan, from VN. I'm a beginner.
Member Rossicarbon is my friend.

-------------
blade: allround blades

fh: H3 genuine version

bh: T64

Posted By: kamarudin
Date Posted: 09/25/2007 at 4:34am
Hi everyone this is din from malaysia. Been playing ping pong for only 5 yrs still very much a newbie (casual player). Regular visitor to the forum but only starting posting recently. Nice meeting you all.

din

Date Posted: 09/25/2007 at 4:37am
Welcome ! Smile

-------------

Posted By: drew collins
Date Posted: 09/25/2007 at 4:49am
nice to meet you to Big%20smile

-------------

Posted By: rpbnakata
Date Posted: 10/03/2007 at 11:00am
Hello Everybody. I'm Nakata from Brazil, however I'm living in Japan at the moment. I most want to collect information and make new friends here. Have a lot to read before putting my own opinion. I'm writing back a few weeks from now.

-------------
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3

Posted By: bull_harrier
Date Posted: 10/03/2007 at 12:59pm
Hello everyone I'm in Lakeville, MN and have been playing for about 1 1/2 years.  There is a lot of good information on this forum and am looking forward to being a part of it.  I got into table tennis because i injured my knee and can't run that well anymore, but i took up this and am loving it.

-------------
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

http://www.youtube.com/user/bullharrier - My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube

Posted By: loopattack
Date Posted: 11/04/2007 at 12:01am
hi, everybody, I am Rachel  from GuangZhou. I am new here, I love TT,  it's a pity for me to find this forum untill now. This forum is so great! Tks for the place to share the loving to TT.

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 11/06/2007 at 10:48am
Hi guys,

I am Jim from Massachusetts, USA. After huge break (11 years) returned back to playing TT in June - there are a few clubs in our area, but not too many tournaments unfortunately.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Posted By: DragonSpirit
Date Posted: 02/04/2008 at 8:33am
Hello to all TT players in this forum from around the world!
My name is Vinci, I'm 5 days old from this forum! I love this forum, only 5 days but learnt a lot from you guys!
I'm a designer/hand artist/product designer and living in a beautiful sunshine big island called AUSTRALIA.
I've been playing tt for 2 years.

Posted By: IceDefence
Date Posted: 02/04/2008 at 6:03pm
Hi all, my name is Kolbeinn and i am from Iceland, 18 years old and I have been playing for 6 years now and I am using Grubba Carbon with Doc Evil black OX in BH and Bryce Speed in FH

-------------
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2

Posted By: blueflyer_01
Date Posted: 02/10/2008 at 3:56am
hello all . my name is fahimeh and i am from iran . tabletennis is my favorite sport . and i ve been playing tt for 3 yeaer . and like to know more and  use yourexperience. i use gergely and cataput for  FH and BH

Posted By: bibafan
Date Posted: 04/16/2008 at 11:17am
Hello, hi, bonjour, salut!

Good to be among tabletennismanias. Just a normal guy, a fan of table tennis, and a big fan of Biba Golic. Wished I could see her play more often, but I'm on the other side of the earth

-------------

Posted By: riVers <3
Date Posted: 04/20/2008 at 7:01am
Hello everyone. My name is Eugene and am 20 years of age, I live in New York City, I've been playing table tennis for roughly 2 years or so, love the sport and really getting into it now. I play usually with friends but thinking about joining a club in the near future, so if anyone here is a member of a club in the city please feel free send me any recommendations. Thank you.

-------------
Blade:Violin (ST)
FH:Sriver G2 2.1 (red)
BH:Sriver G2 2.1 (black)
Blade:Timo Boll Spirit (ST)
FH:Tenergy 05 2.1 (red)
BH:Tenergy 05 2.1 (black)

Posted By: dynamisoz
Date Posted: 04/20/2008 at 9:02am
hi..guys..  my name is Tim, and i live in New york.  I've been playing seriously for about 4months now, 2 or 3 times a week,  and my game is consistently improving.. I love table tennis, i think its a great sport. 

Hopefully i'll come to see the day when TT becomes one of the mainstream sports.  My goal is to go on tournaments and kick some butt.  hehehe.
Must practice more!!!

RIVERS... I joined a club in flushing. Its probably one of the best TT facility i've been to.  Check it out at WWW.nyittc.com

-------------

FH/BH:

Posted By: magyar_lehel
Date Posted: 05/14/2008 at 8:00pm
Hi all!

If this forum is for to say hello, then hello all!

Actually i' m from HungAry, playing tabletennis for 8 years, on a scale from 1 to 20 (where 1 is the best), i distribute myself between 8 and 12, so i' m not a Timo :- ).

Some of created a website connecting to tabletennis teams, sport clubs. It' s just up since yesterday, so doesn' t have to much data, but if You' ve time, please check it, and register yourself, and your team. It' s http://tatete.net - http://tatete.net

Lehel.

Posted By: Andy_TT
Date Posted: 06/11/2008 at 10:54am
Hi all,

I have just returned to the game after a 10 year break and loving it so far.

Great forum you have got here and I am looking forward to talking with you all.

Print Page | Close Window