Print Page | Close Window

Fastest TT blade on earth?

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16329
Printed Date: 04/23/2014 at 4:57pm

Topic: Fastest TT blade on earth?
Posted By: speed_king
Subject: Fastest TT blade on earth?
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 6:05pm
Which is the fastest TT blade on earth?

Replies:
Posted By: drywater
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 6:30pm
u sure u dont want mars or other planets included? 

Posted By: ffx-me
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 7:11pm
Ya I hear they have some extremely stiff wood on venus that make extremely fast blades.

You know to rephrase you question, which blade has the least control, sorry I dont know

-------------
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40

Posted By: pongcrazy
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 7:18pm
Only the person that has tried every blade on the planet with the same rubbers can answer that one.  I play with a pretty fast blade but I wouldn't guess its the fastest - Butterfly B3C, maybe in the upper 10%???  Butterfly tells me its fast anyway!

-------------

Posted By: ffx-me
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 7:22pm
Table tennis Pionneers say that the clipper cr is the fastest blade they ever tryed

-------------
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40

Posted By: mdjenders
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 9:18pm
Schlager Carbon is pretty damn hard and quick.

-------------
chopper
Palio Chop #1 ST/BTY Def Alpha FL/BTY Def 2 FL, Palio Thor's, TSP Curl p1r 1.3mm

http://www.ttarmory.com - Palio North America

Posted By: theman
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 9:20pm
and if penguin laminates the thing, its EVEN QUICKER!

-------------
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Posted By: metalone
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 9:35pm
I am not going to state that I know the fastest blade, just what I have tried.  With the same rubbers (Almana sound ST max), Stiga Cliper CR, Stiga Titanium and Stiga Hybrid - 1st Titanium, 2nd Hybrid, and 3rd Clipper CR.  The difference in speed from the Titanium and Hybrid is noticeable, but not earth shaking, on the other hand the Hybrid has more control.

-------------
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 10:14pm
geoff from aussietabletennis.com claims that yasaka leopard is faster than any other blade in the market. its an all wood blade btw with a 105 gm wt

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR & NEXY.

I'm not an EJ, hell no! I just can't help but to accept and try new gears!

Posted By: Ginko Tai Kim
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 10:40pm
any 10mm++++ hinoki would be pretty damn fast!!!!!!!

Posted By: varghesep
Date Posted: 02/16/2008 at 11:33pm
I use Dr.Neubauer Combination Effect. Its forehand is pretty faster with good control.

-------------
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16429 - Feedback

Posted By: Jeff(ATTC)
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 2:46am
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon.  That thing is a point or two faster than the Schalger Carbon.

-------------
Tibhar SPW
FH: FastArc G-1
BH: FastArc G-1

Posted By: dek-dek
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 9:04am
the fastest ive played with is joola mc1

im getting the boll tri carbon as a spare blade

Posted By: theman
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 9:05am
ummm...ANY HEAVILY HEAVILY QUAD DRUPLED SEALED BLADE X 50, ie tommy doing it 100 fold, would be the fastest blade. do this ona hinoki or tri carbon boll blade haha.

-------------
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Posted By: pongcrazy
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 10:08am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

ummm...ANY HEAVILY HEAVILY QUAD DRUPLED SEALED BLADE X 50, ie tommy doing it 100 fold, would be the fastest blade. do this ona hinoki or tri carbon boll blade haha.

I sealed my Tricarbon with Spar Urethane so maybe it is fast???  Fastest I've used anyway!

-------------

Posted By: LeRome
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 10:21am
could be wrong, but i think it also depends on the person's speed/strength.  a softer blade might have more catapult effect and easier to bring out the speed potential for someone that doesn't have very fast arm speed.  a stiffer blade might overall be faster, but harder to cause the catapult because of the stiffness.

-------------
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive Penhold
FH: DHS Skyline TG2 2.2mm
BH: Nittaku Hammond 2.1-2.3mm

Posted By: swissping
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 7:33pm
The TRinnova Zebrano from my own blades line is a very very fast blade. This blade was developed only for the "crazy" players :-)

-------------
VH:Samba Joola
BH:Armstrong Rosin
Blade: TRinnova Sonar Blade
---------------------
www.trinnova-blades.com / Handmade Blades

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 11:29pm
Samsonov Carbon is the fastest, even faster than Tri-carbon.

-------------
W968 94 gr
H3 National blue sponge 2.2 untuned
T64 2.1
186 gr

Posted By: doraemon
Date Posted: 02/17/2008 at 11:44pm
Is the faster the better?

From my experience, Sardius is fast, SC is fast, MC-1 is fast yet light weight.  O, yes, Yasaka Leopard is fast!!!  I can't compare though because it's not side-by-side comparison and not using the same rubbers.

Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 12:09am
It depends, if you like to play full offensive the faster blades is better. But if you play all around, then fastest blades isn't suitable. Just choose blades that can do them all, Ok on offence, Good on blocking. Usually fastest blades are good on offence especially away from table but poor at short games.

-------------
W968 94 gr
T64 2.1
186 gr

Posted By: bull_harrier
Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 12:10am
Fastest blade i've ever tried was the Gergley 21, but that's just out of what i have tried

-------------
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

http://www.youtube.com/user/bullharrier - My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube

Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 12:21am

Samsonov Carbon is the first blade if Have. It's proven by the seller and me by bouncing the ball on the blade. It's even faster than schlager carbon by a mile!!! I mean much faster. I even used Torpedo on both sides!!! I was a beginner at that time, I can't developed my strokes properly. I really regret that I choose the fastest blade, because first i thought fastest is the best. Now I realize stable, good control, decent speed blades is the hardest to create. If you want to make fast blade it's easy, but if you want to make fast blade with good control it's difficult.

-------------
W968 94 gr
T64 2.1
186 gr

Posted By: Blockade
Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 1:21am
Schlager Carbon is fast, but the Dynasty Hinoki Carbon is the fastest I've used.  It's hard with a carbon "ping" sound, like playing with a frying pan.

Posted By: celeronx
Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 1:21am
I find the tricarbon actually not so fast as everybody says, had sriver ELs MAX on it speedglued once...and it was fast as any other OFF I'd say, and Im a defender...haha

Posted By: seasterl
Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Ginko Tai Kim Ginko Tai Kim wrote:

any 10mm++++ hinoki would be pretty damn fast!!!!!!!

I agree!  Why not try that one-ply Cole posted on another thread "$400 Galaxy."  LOL  Then, add Bryce Speed rubber with a few layers of tuner and you'll have a weapon you'll have to register at your local police station.

Posted By: bosiljko
Date Posted: 02/18/2008 at 8:18am

i think boll tricarbon and Joola MC-1,i played with boll tricarbon deam it is very very fast blade

Print Page | Close Window