Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Singapore Smash 2023, 3/7-19
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singapore Smash 2023, 3/7-19

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 3:08am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

How can the same argument be applied to QTY and ZR when they're ranked higher than Miwa?
BTW, was there an empty spot in the women's singles? I wonder where that unused spot go to?

You ignored my next sentence and paragraph. The wildcards and WTT nomination are handed out at the discretion of the host and WTT outside the NER limit. There are no explicit rules stating that it should be based on WR.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/24/2013
Location: Mordor
Status: Offline
Points: 3372
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 3:46am
After Ding Ning, they have another valuable lefty.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Back to Top
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/09/2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 1382
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 4:16am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

How can the same argument be applied to QTY and ZR when they're ranked higher than Miwa?
BTW, was there an empty spot in the women's singles? I wonder where that unused spot go to?

You ignored my next sentence and paragraph. The wildcards and WTT nomination are handed out at the discretion of the host and WTT outside the NER limit. There are no explicit rules stating that it should be based on WR.

There's no explicit rule against it either. You said it's at the host and WTT's discretion, they can choose whoever they want. I don't care about your next sentence and paragraph because it doesn't matter if Miwa has an argument. It only matters if QTY and co. have an argument, because once again, the WTT can choose whomever they want.

If the WTT had chosen Miwa, I'd be making the same argument if someone is unhappy that QTY isn't given a spot. That is, I would say that it doesn't matter if QTY is ranked 10+ spots ahead of Miwa, so long as Miwa has an argument then WTT can't be wrong in picking her because it's at their discretion.

Personally I would've preferred to see Miwa as well and I was disappointed that she wasn't chosen. But again, the WTT is free to choose whomever they want and their choices aren't bad. 2 of 3 did make it to the Semis, it actually can't get much better. I'm not arguing FOR their choice, I'm simply saying that their choice is not bad and that it's reasonable. 
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Back to Top
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/29/2006
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline
Points: 3233
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 4:42am
http:// clck.ru/33oNWN
Nicy face, dirty inwards.

    Is dishonesty excusable? Yes, it is a daily occurence amongst the China national team. What a shame indeed.
Действительно, какой позор.

Edited by igorponger - 03/18/2023 at 8:05am
Back to Top
LongLips View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/25/2021
Location: Belgium
Status: Offline
Points: 37
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 7:09am
do you think other countries don't boost?
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 14600
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 7:38am
looks like Wang thought Fan was as injured as I though Fan was.  He seems genuinely surprised by what is coming back at him.  Wang needs to learn to change tempo.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: GT
BH: GT
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 14600
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 7:59am
well now we get the real match lol.  Ma Long vs Hugo.  The two most in form players of 2023.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: GT
BH: GT
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Back to Top
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 05/08/2013
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1550
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 8:04am
So can we say now the FZD was coasting through the match with Truls?  Saving his energy for the real matches. 
Back to Top
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/22/2015
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 3469
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 8:15am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

After Ding Ning, they have another valuable lefty.
Ranking wise, this is the best result for the CNT.  Now, in addition to Zhang Rui, Qian Tianyi jumps into the top 10.  In fact QTY jumps into CXT's spot at WR#7.  Then I believe it's CXT at #8, ZR at #9, and Han Ying at #10.  

Then things shake up on Apr 4 where QTY will surpass Mima and Hina because QTY doesn't have any expiring points.  And neither do CXT and ZR so we could see all China in the 1st 6 spots followed by Mima and ZR.
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 8:16am
LSD & WCQ after WCQ 4-3 FZD at WTT CS Macao 2022:


Fan Zatoichi Dong:







Edited by zeio - 03/18/2023 at 9:28am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 9:02am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

LSD & WCQ after WCQ 4-3 FZD at WTT CS Macao 2022:


Fan Zatoichi Dong:






Pretty sure the WeChat thing is fake.... Looks weird af with some pedo vibes with all the weird kissing emojis between an adult man and a teenage boy Confused 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 9:08am
Lin Shidong leaked it on his own Weibo.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
troubadour View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 08/14/2018
Location: Ryazan
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

http:// clck.ru/33oNWN
Nicy face, dirty inwards.

    Is dishonesty excusable? Yes, it is a daily occurence amongst the China national team. What a shame indeed.
Действительно, какой позор.
You're still harping on this 6 months after it has been disproved, береги себя  и прими свои таблетки дедушкаCry
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Back to Top
troubadour View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 08/14/2018
Location: Ryazan
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 9:55am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

So can we say now the FZD was coasting through the match with Truls?  Saving his energy for the real matches. 
He wasn't, he was just taken out of his book and surprised by the combinations Truls threw at him. Stylistic Match-ups are subjective.
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Back to Top
troubadour View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 08/14/2018
Location: Ryazan
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 9:57am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

LSD & WCQ after WCQ 4-3 FZD at WTT CS Macao 2022:


Fan Zatoichi Dong:





Was Chuqin dissing FZD in the chat lol??, Or is the bromance a little too much for people's taste?
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Back to Top
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 11/18/2013
Location: canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2977
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 12:18pm
ICC has issued an arrest warrant for Putin.  This is a little more than tuning your rubber.
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

There's no explicit rule against it either. You said it's at the host and WTT's discretion, they can choose whoever they want. I don't care about your next sentence and paragraph because it doesn't matter if Miwa has an argument. It only matters if QTY and co. have an argument, because once again, the WTT can choose whomever they want.

If the WTT had chosen Miwa, I'd be making the same argument if someone is unhappy that QTY isn't given a spot. That is, I would say that it doesn't matter if QTY is ranked 10+ spots ahead of Miwa, so long as Miwa has an argument then WTT can't be wrong in picking her because it's at their discretion.

Personally I would've preferred to see Miwa as well and I was disappointed that she wasn't chosen. But again, the WTT is free to choose whomever they want and their choices aren't bad. 2 of 3 did make it to the Semis, it actually can't get much better. I'm not arguing FOR their choice, I'm simply saying that their choice is not bad and that it's reasonable.

By the same logic, why should I care about your argument, because it also doesn't matter if QTY and ZR have an argument, which is simply by being higher-ranked and established players per your point of contention? Why the need for wildcards and WTT nomination if WR and seniority take precedence, which again were points by raised by you? May as well do away with the NER and just go by WR.

And why the unused WTT nomination for a tournament of this caliber? They could've handed that out to LWS, who was just 2 places behind QTY in WR.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/09/2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 1382
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2023 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

There's no explicit rule against it either. You said it's at the host and WTT's discretion, they can choose whoever they want. I don't care about your next sentence and paragraph because it doesn't matter if Miwa has an argument. It only matters if QTY and co. have an argument, because once again, the WTT can choose whomever they want.

If the WTT had chosen Miwa, I'd be making the same argument if someone is unhappy that QTY isn't given a spot. That is, I would say that it doesn't matter if QTY is ranked 10+ spots ahead of Miwa, so long as Miwa has an argument then WTT can't be wrong in picking her because it's at their discretion.

Personally I would've preferred to see Miwa as well and I was disappointed that she wasn't chosen. But again, the WTT is free to choose whomever they want and their choices aren't bad. 2 of 3 did make it to the Semis, it actually can't get much better. I'm not arguing FOR their choice, I'm simply saying that their choice is not bad and that it's reasonable.

By the same logic, why should I care about your argument, because it also doesn't matter if QTY and ZR have an argument, which is simply by being higher-ranked and established players per your point of contention? Why the need for wildcards and WTT nomination if WR and seniority take precedence, which again were points by raised by you? May as well do away with the NER and just go by WR.

And why the unused WTT nomination for a tournament of this caliber? They could've handed that out to LWS, who was just 2 places behind QTY in WR.

That's exactly my point, you don't need to care about my argument at all, or your argument, or any of the absurd arguments I listed above. It's at WTT's discretion, they just need AN argument, it could be any so long as it brings something to the sport. What happened to the last nomination anyway? I'm genuinely curious. Was a spot just left open? 
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 1901
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 1:24am
Originally posted by LongLips LongLips wrote:

do you think other countries don't boost?

Igorpongee is a chinese hater .
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 7:05am
SYS 4-1 QTY
63, 67, 117
03, 13, 14, 44, 45, 75, 76, 89, 109, 1012
31, 33, 53, 57, 97, 910, 1110, 1111, 1311
30, 32, 62, 64, 74, 75, 105, 106, 116
20, 21, 31, 34, 54, 56, 86 TO for QTY, 96, 97, 117









Ugly trophies...














WTT lackeys: Gratz on all-China finals, chair!








WTT lackey Zhou Dao





























Edited by zeio - 03/19/2023 at 8:26am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 14600
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 7:38am
Most of the matches in that record are from their cadet years.  But it seems that Qian Tianyi has a very deceptive rally game.  Maybe the CNT can find a lefty.  But I am still skeptical. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: GT
BH: GT
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 8:27am
Honestly, one of the biggest difference between Qian Tianyi and Sun Yingsha is that the latter has hit the weights in the gym much, much more. Sun Yingsha is already having power output levels approaching the men's game, just wow at the muscularity and explosiveness. She looks like she could belong in Korea's Physical 100 haha...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Back to Top
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/29/2006
Location: Everywhere
Status: Offline
Points: 3233
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 8:44am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by LongLips LongLips wrote:

do you think other countries don't boost?


Igorpongee is a chinese hater .


Yes, I gonna to unveil all the crooks whichever nationality they may be. Boosting secretly is an ugly sin, unexcusable anyway/ Much like a forgery of false coins.   Here I stand.

Edited by igorponger - 03/19/2023 at 11:29am
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 9:30am
FZD - ML
72, 75, 85, 115
01, 11, 12, 22, 24, 34, 37, 47, 48, 78, 79, 89, 810, 1010, 1011, 1311
20, 25, 55, 56, 66, 610, 810 TO for ML, 811
ML: I'm gonna change jersey
FZD: I'm gonna change jersey, too
03, 33, 34, 44, 47, 77, 78, 98, 99, 109 edge for FZD, 119
01, 11, 12, 42, 44, 45, 55, 56, 66, 67, 77, 78, 98, 99, 109 epic point, 119

WTT: Meet the new goat, FZD. 2 back-to-back grand slams achieved in a year.















Chair: All your base are belong to us














ML: He makes me wait

















FZD: I'm goat now!













Fan Zatoichi Dong














Fan Zatoichi Dong













Edited by zeio - 03/19/2023 at 9:59am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 1901
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by LongLips LongLips wrote:

do you think other countries don't boost?


Igorpongee is a chinese hater .


Yes, I gonna to curse all the crooks of whatever nationalities. Boosting secretly is a mortal sin, unexcusable anyway/ Much like a forgery of false currency. Here I stand.

What about your rusian comrades and ito mima?
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 1901
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 10:07am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

LSD & WCQ after WCQ 4-3 FZD at WTT CS Macao 2022:


Fan Zatoichi Dong:






Have you guys noticed WCQ is playing with a dark handle DHS blade? 
Back to Top
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/07/2014
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4142
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 10:18am
dhs hurricane king 4 is coming out.
Back to Top
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/22/2015
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 3469
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 10:20am
Fan Zhendong showed his true abilities at the Singapore Smash where the stakes are high... ranking points equivalent to Olympics/WTTC plus money.
Back to Top
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 11/18/2013
Location: canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2977
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 10:21am
the whole russian Olympic team was sanctioned for doping , talking about dirty. Can't come back from that!
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2023 at 2:17pm


https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2009-05/05/content_7746191.htm


Tieba users give credit to Moregard for "awakening" FZD.

没你爆他~
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8313709159
Quote 小胖的状态和野兽一样被释放出来了这波起码一半得归功于副冠军

Quote 副冠军:说了我只输冠军,赢了我的都要当冠军

Quote 所有跟小莫打完的都变超人了


东哥怎么又暴力了, 水刺激了他
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8313705826
Quote 应该是昨晚打小莫的苦战打醒了小胖,还得是要积极打开局,积极发抢主动上手,打防反是没有前途的,现在都是一大票两面抡的猛男,打防反就像张本,谁都能输。当然,一切的前提是保障身体健康

Quote 小莫:不是我,不是我绝对不是我,去年被我恶心两次的�£个王头已经连串两赛了我绝对不承认东哥被我恶心的嗷嗷叫然后把我暴打了

Quote 莫雷加德加🍗,昨天他的战术打的很好,完全打乱了樊振东节奏


Edited by zeio - 03/19/2023 at 2:39pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
Forum Home | Go to the Forums | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2020 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.