FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The "Rules"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2019 at 12:56pm
Such a person is abhorrent  to the Gods of Table Tennis, so much so that they do not even make a rule about them.  After all, does your state pass laws regulating porcupines?  Of course not. Porcupines dont read, drive cars or play table tennis.  And so it is with the people you just described.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Such a person is abhorrent  to the Gods of Table Tennis, so much so that they do not even make a rule about them.  After all, does your state pass laws regulating porcupines?  Of course not. Porcupines dont read, drive cars or play table tennis.  And so it is with the people you just described.
you nail it: those people do not exist and we therefore don't play them again, simple as that.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2019 at 4:44pm
And note that I bear no malice towards porcupines.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2019 at 7:35pm
...for as long their skin is not used as VLP.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

7. You are not allowed to put your name on the back of your shirt unless you are a professional player.

Bulloney.  I have the name on the back of my shirt so I don't have to pin player numbers to my shirt at tournaments.

8. You are allowed to wear a shirt with a manufacturer logo (e.g. Donic or Butterfly) up to the age of 50, at which time this is no longer allowed.

Makes no sense.

10. You must wear footwear designed for racket sports. Under no circumstances are basketball shoes allowed.

Makes no sense either.  Some indoor soccer shoes make excellent table tennis shoes.  Look at Nike's Mercurial line.

Stopping here with ...

Rule 81.  Rule lists should not have more than ten entries.

Undoubtedly this player wears black socks.  It should serve as a warning to our nation's youth.

Edited by Baal - 10/28/2019 at 2:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic